• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos open as 28 point favorites vs. Jaguars, biggest favorite ever

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RJ Bell:

Broncos -28 hosting #Jags next week (biggest favorite ever!). Prior biggest: Steelers -26 hosting Bucs (12/5/1976)

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJ Bell:

Broncos -28 hosting #Jags next week (biggest favorite ever!). Prior biggest: Steelers -26 hosting Bucs (12/5/1976)

I heard this on radio last week when some guy said he expected 28 point. I nearly drive off road laughing.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers won that game 42-0. I was curious so I looked it up.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I hate seeing these kinds of spreads in the NFL. At no point should two teams be that far apart in terms of talent.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it sad that I bet it would drop to -14 if the Jags signed Tebow? I never got how Gabbert made it into the 1st round, and I still don't get how he made it into the 1st round. The Jags could have found an undrafted QB that at the very least could not have done any worst. I know fans there want Tebow. I know Tebow is not a good QB, but heck it's not like they have one anyway. At least he is a leader and a star which are two things that team badly needs right now.

That or maybe Mark Burnell is still in shape somewhere waiting for a call. He has to be thinking he can't do worst even at his age.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh. I hate seeing these kinds of spreads in the NFL. At no point should two teams be that far apart in terms of talent.

agreed.

The system aint great. The jags have been struggling for a while now and have had some real high draft choices. They shouldn't be this shitty.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a related question, do the Jags go 0-16?

Yes

@Denver - ROLF Face Stomp
San Diego - Would like to say maybe....but no
San Fran - Face Stomp though probably not as bad as the Denver one
@Tennessee - Maybe but it's not a home game
Arizona - Probably their best chance to win a game
@Houston - Won't matter who plays QB just feed Foster/Tate and let that D destroy Gabbert
@Cleveland - Maybe, but the Browns are playing better and again it's a road game
Houston - see above
Buffalo - Maybe but I just don't see it happening
Tennessee - Maybe, but even at home I like the Titans over the Jags.
@Indy - Maybe Indy sits their starters and gives the Jags a chance?

Outside of the Arizona game and the home against the Titans I just don't see many winnable games on their schedule. Injuries to any of those teams could drastically change that though. If Manuel and Locker are still out when they play then that increases the Jags odds a lot, but they should both be back by then I believe. The Cleveland is interesting but the Browns are simply on a better track right now. The rest of the games they will be lucky to be withing 2 scores by the end.

Edit - just remembered Weeden is back in at QB for the year so I will say Arizona and Cleveland are winnable, but only if those 2 teams play poorly and the Jags have their best game of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ok payton will choke in the playoffs. He always does, just like last year.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So who would you guys bet?

I'd still take Denver. They were saying 28 before the Jags lost both their starting tackles. I would probably give 35 points.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So who would you guys bet?

I'd still take Denver. They were saying 28 before the Jags lost both their starting tackles. I would probably give 35 points.

I was more confident about the seattle line a few weeks back when it was 21 because I thought no way could the jags ever score to get close.

I think the Jags and 28 points is what I would do. The broncos would probably call of the dogs eariler enough the jags might be able to get some cheap points.