• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos new HC

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask the price of Rodgers question because he seems to be the popular option but I don’t hear a lot about what people would actually give up to get him.

If you peruse r/denverbroncos on Reddit. There is no price too high. It seems we could give up every pick for a decade and that is fine because Rodgers guarantees a SB title every year he is here.

My friend sent me an article last night from sports illustrated. In it a writer says for Rodgers and Adams broncos should give up 4 firsts, 2 seconds, and more picks/players. I asked my friend if that price was too high, even if we missed the SB each year with Rodgers, even if it guarantees 6 more years of what we just had after Rodgers and he was fine with that deal.
Adams is a FA so that article is so whack with reality.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock is not the answer
i’m so on the opposite of most on this board when it comes to getting a QB vs losing late first round picks that have as much value and success as a top 10 2nd round selection.

i have no idea what you all have been watching the last 5 years but 19 ppg will not cut it. it’s not going to magically get better

let’s not get the back to back MVP.
let’s roll with Lock

ARod is coming
What I'm watching is a GM who picked 10 guys, 7 of which made significant contributions to the team. 6 of 10 are legitimate starters, two are legitimate pro bowl caliber.

I trust that Paton won't make an Elway-esque decision, and if that is your concern you really haven't been watching him work.

I just look at the holes on this team beyond qb and think a 70% success rate with a total draft cost equal to one star qb like AR is where our future lies.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm watching is a GM who picked 10 guys, 7 of which made significant contributions to the team. 6 of 10 are legitimate starters, two are legitimate pro bowl caliber.

I trust that Paton won't make an Elway-esque decision, and if that is your concern you really haven't been watching him work.

I just look at the holes on this team beyond qb and think a 70% success rate with a total draft cost equal to one star qb like AR is where our future lies.
the future is now

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is a FA so that article is so whack with reality.
Ya but I’d say there’s no way Adams hits FA, whether they re-sign him or just tag him in order to trade him in a deal maybe with Rodgers maybe not.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i’m so on the opposite of most on this board when it comes to getting a QB vs losing late first round picks that have as much value and success as a top 10 2nd round selection.

i have no idea what you all have been watching the last 5 years but 19 ppg will not cut it. it’s not going to magically get better

let’s roll with Lock

ARod is coming

ARod is coming sounds like wishful thinking. Paton and Hackett will figure it out.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but I’d say there’s no way Adams hits FA, whether they re-sign him or just tag him in order to trade him in a deal maybe with Rodgers maybe not.
Agreed. I think Adams wants out of Green Bay, and Green Bay can’t let him walk, so he will get tagged, and then likely traded.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any reports that Adams wants out of Green Bay right now. However, if Rodgers isn't coming back I would suspect he probably will.

He also is said to want 30 Mil a year. Hopkins got 27 M and Julio 22M. I am not paying a WR 30 Mil if I am a GM on top of giving up first round picks for him. But I am not selling my soul for a WR when we have good one's to begin with.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is trading for a franchised tag WR

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we do agree Elway was an idiot with his QB decisions.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

let’s roll with Lock

ARod is coming
CEH, I everyone one will agree that Rodgers or Wilson are better then Lock. The question is at what point is the cost too high? That answer will be different for everyone.

The reason I would have faith in Lock is based on 4 things:
  • Lock appeared to have made big strides last year in training camp, pre-season, and the last 3 games of the regular season.
  • A better offensive scheme that brings out the best of the players, helps
  • A creative offense that is not predictable
Now that can be said for a lot of players and QBs.

I think the other thing to remember is that Paton wants to build through the draft. He did say he would be in on all deals too.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CEH, I everyone one will agree that Rodgers or Wilson are better then Lock. The question is at what point is the cost too high? That answer will be different for everyone.

• Lock appeared to have made big strides last year in training camp, pre-season, and the last 3 games of the regular season.

I think the other thing to remember is that Paton wants to build through the draft. He did say he would be in on all deals too.

the price this year is less than last year and Paton was ready to pull the trigger last year

that’s why i say Arod is here.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the price this year is less than last year and Paton was ready to pull the trigger last year

that’s why i say Arod is here.
What are you hearing the will be?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two 1st a 2nd and a player on a rookie deal

4 players
Dreaming. SI and PFF have both recently put together ideas based on their sources. As high as 4 first rounders plus.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreaming. SI and PFF have both recently put together ideas based on their sources. As high as 4 first rounders plus.
Then they are officially crazy. Looney toones crazy. Put in the nut house crazy.