• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos new HC

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he is the right guy for the job, and that Broncos Country has patience as he learns to be a head coach.

Reactions: LGM

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 18 Broncos fans who voted, 12 of us voted for Hackett as the one we wanted - and that was when there were 10 candidates. So for 2/3rds of us, it was our favorite of the candidates. And I believe for several others, Hackett would have been among their top choices.

If nothing else, some smiles will return to Dove Valley. He’s a fun guy.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we didn’t want to lose Hackett to the jags.
I hope that’s not the reason and he was actually our main choice. It’s gonna be a bad look for Paton if he jumped the gun because he was worried the Jags were going to take him.

Like if we wanted O’Connell the most but Paton was worried that if someone took Hackett and we didn’t get O’Connell we’d be screwed so we just went with Hackett I don’t like that maneuvering.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that’s not the reason and he was actually our main choice. It’s gonna be a bad look for Paton if he jumped the gun because he was worried the Jags were going to take him.

Like if we wanted O’Connell the most but Paton was worried that if someone took Hackett and we didn’t get O’Connell we’d be screwed so we just went with Hackett I don’t like that maneuvering.
Now that, my friend, is a glass half empty take! ;)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos didn't want the Jags to hire him so they made an offer and he accepted.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Paton’s plan A for this offseason is to make a very serious run at getting Rodgers. Explains the Sutton and Patrick extensions. Have plenty of cap room and draft picks to play with. Just hoping we don’t mortgage the teams whole future to get him…

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What made Hackett the choice for the Broncos?​

Nick Kosmider, Broncos beat writer: Energy and offense are good places to start.

The Broncos were looking for a dynamic leader in the wake of Fangio's firing. Hackett checks that box as a coach whose presence in front of a locker room has drawn rave reviews from Rodgers down to former Syracuse players who Hackett coached during his first stint as an offensive coordinator 12 years ago. He also helped orchestrate an offense in Green Bay that ranked fifth in scoring and second in offensive EPA during his three seasons as coordinator.

During Hackett’s stint with the Packers, Rodgers played some of the best football of his career. As a team that has languished near the bottom of the league in numerous offensive categories during its five-year playoff drought, Denver is hoping Hackett's vision on that side of the ball can maximize the considerable talent on the roster.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve posted this before, but recommend it if you haven’t read this. It was written 5 months ago, but gives a lot of insight to Hackett.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 18 Broncos fans who voted, 12 of us voted for Hackett as the one we wanted - and that was when there were 10 candidates. So for 2/3rds of us, it was our favorite of the candidates. And I believe for several others, Hackett would have been among their top choices.

Have you notified the remaining 8 that its time to complain?

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking when we wanted to interview packers qb coach that would almost be an OC interview if we hired Hackett. Made me hopeful that Hackett was the front runner.

And Yes, I'm petty enough to be happy that Woody and Klis were wrong again... though they could be used by Paton to put out bad info, which makes me like Paton even more.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking when we wanted to interview packers qb coach that would almost be an OC interview if we hired Hackett. Made me hopeful that Hackett was the front runner.
Albright thought Getsy would be more likely to be to OC for Quinn then Hackett.

Time will tell.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

13 of us liked Hackett. I just used reverse psychology on it when you were wringing your hands about too many people jinxing the Hackett hire. :thumb:

I’m glad we got an offensive-biased HC. That was my overarching desire. I hope Hackett flourishes in the role.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start to the offseason, after seeing clips of Hackett on the practice field, I was ready to get out there are play some football

Dan Quinn has informed interested teams that he;s returning to the Cowboys as DC ... It sure seems as if the Hackett announcement and Quinn announcement are related ... I guess Denver isn't such a bad place afterall, even with no QB and no owner

Props to Paton

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former QB Dan Orlovsky ( isn't this the guy who famously stepped out of the back of the endzone and then threw a pass ? ) :

“Going to Denver is a death sentence,” Orlovsky said Thursday on ESPN’s “First Take.” “I mean, you’re going into the division with the guy that has been in the last four AFC Championship Games in Patrick Mahomes. You’re going into a division that’s got Justin Herbert in it. You’re going into a conference that’s got a guy that’s playing this weekend in the AFC Championship Game in Joe Burrow. You’re also going into a conference that has a guy who threw for 400 yards and four touchdowns and lost last weekend in Josh Allen and then a guy who won the MVP of the league three years ago in Lamar Jackson.

“So I just think the AFC, because of their young, superstar quarterbacks, if you’re sitting there and you’re Aaron Rodgers going, ‘Where’s the best chance for me to win a Super Bowl?’ It’s not in Denver. It’s more than likely in Green Bay. But I don’t think it’s down to those teams either. I think if Aaron doesn’t want to play in Green Bay, it’s not Denver or nobody.”