• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos new HC

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hackett as a beath of fresh air. Do not think that Hackett would have told Paton that if he was hired, he would bring Rogers to Denver. Rogers has to make that move.

I do like the guts of a guy to take his first HC job in a division with great young QBs and top performing teams. The formula for the Broncos success is slightly different. Taking an extra 5-7 minutes in offensive possession and scoring 24 points a game - makes the Broncos a playoff team. The Broncos have the RBs, TEs and WRs to do that.

Go Broncos! I'm Gung-ho for the change.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hackett as a beath of fresh air. Do not think that Hackett would have told Paton that if he was hired, he would bring Rogers to Denver. Rogers has to make that move.

I do like the guts of a guy to take his first HC job in a division with great young QBs and top performing teams. The formula for the Broncos success is slightly different. Taking an extra 5-7 minutes in offensive possession and scoring 24 points a game - makes the Broncos a playoff team. The Broncos have the RBs, TEs and WRs to do that.

Go Broncos! I'm Gung-ho for the change.
Hackett's running game in Jacksonville was top notch and pretty damn solid in GB as well. He isn't just a sling it all over guy, but a well rounded OC with West Coast roots and some RPO background as well. I think we will see a diverse offense that does just what you want.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this hire change FA Draft and whether current players stay or go? Does this hire hurt or help Risner?

Reactions: LGM

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to see how the staff rounds out before we can start to guess on scheme or fits.

Let’s remember that the Green Bay Offense was not Hackett’s. Did he play a role in their success and development? Absolutely.

I am cautiously optimistic (as I would have been with any hire), but it will be months or years until we know if he is the guy.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this hire change FA Draft and whether current players stay or go? Does this hire hurt or help Risner?
From my bird's eye view, this is what I see : Hackett has a great, optimistic personality and really relates to the players ... Dalton Risner is always the first guy downfield to help a RB off the ground or celebrate a TD or good run .....

I would think Risner, based on his grit and team oriented attitude would be the prototypical Hackett type player, as far as character and personality

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fired up!
geo-metro-fire.jpg

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett is pro broccoli.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right on cue:

From Dalton Risner:

It’s exciting. I know he’s a great offensive coordinator and really it sounds cliché, but George Paton is our GM, that’s our guy, that’s who we have our full faith and trust in. We know that he took time, did a lot of interviews, a lot of flying back and forth. With all that time that he spent and me just knowing George for a year, I know I have confidence that he chose the right guy,” Dalton Risner said. “He wants this organization to be back where we need it to be. And a head coach is certainly going to come in, like Nathaniel Hackett, and is going to make a big difference. I don’t know the guy, I’m really excited to shake his hand. Excited to see what he’s about. I think it’s awesome he’s a previous offensive coordinator. Our offense has a lot of strides that we need to make, so in my mind I think George made the best decision. I think we’re going to roll. I’m really excited about the whole deal.”

“With this situation now, having a new head coach I haven’t met, there’s still a lot up in the air like, who’s going to be our OC, who’s going to be our DC, how many coaches will we retain from the previous Broncos staff? Mike Munchak, that’s a guy that I want back. He’s a hall of fame player in my mind, a hall of fame coach. He’s helped me grow tremendously and I think you guys have seen how he’s helped the offensive line and a lot of the other guys on the offensive line as well,” Risner said. “I think it does change the offseason a lot. I think I’m going to be a lot more antsy to be wanting to be at the facility and meet these guys and see what’s going to happen. But at the end of the day, we got a gem in George Paton. The dude knows what he’s doing. I think you can all agree, the way he carries himself, we feel like he cares about the organization and he’s going to make some big changes."

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - its Paton's team now.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1