• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos don't have a QB tomorrow

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k....the looking one way on certain things with you is kinda crazy.....you push really hard on certain points, then ignore others.

Read the league memo. Pretty straight forward. There are several teams more popular than the Ravens including your team. They had a chance to fight it last month and chose not to

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep posting this until people learn how to read....here's a hint if the Broncos had over a dozen players test positive and the ravens had 1 qb test positive then the ravens game would have been went on as scheduled and the Broncos game would get canceled

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBC Denver's Mike Klis reports the Broncos may start RB Royce Freeman or practice squad WR Kendall Hinton at quarterback against the Saints after Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles were forced to quarantine following Jeff Driskel's positive COVID-19 test.​

None of Lock, Rypien or Bortles are eligible to play, creating a farcical situation for Denver under center. Freeman could do some wildcat-ing, but Hinton was a quarterback at Wake Forest before injuries necessitated a switch to wideout. Either option will be purely disastrous vs. the NFC-leading Saints. The NFL needs to postpone this game, for the safety of the Broncos and the competitive integrity of the NFC playoff race.

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not a popular thing to say but at some point do we question if all of this is really worth it? I love sports as much as the next person does but whether it's entire position groups being out due to the virus like in Denver, 18 players out like Baltimore is dealing with, whole counties banning contact sports and forcing teams to find a new home like San Francisco is having to do, and then with all of the postponement and cancellations in college football would it be too terrible to just stop and wait until next fall and have a true, normal season?
You're right to question this, but that was also true week 1. The truth of the matter is the NFL gives not a single fuck, their strategy is all about containment and getting enough of the season in to protect their pocketbook and sell the playoffs. The moral thing to do was to not have a season at all. They've been lucky to get this far.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not a popular thing to say but at some point do we question if all of this is really worth it? I love sports as much as the next person does but whether it's entire position groups being out due to the virus like in Denver, 18 players out like Baltimore is dealing with, whole counties banning contact sports and forcing teams to find a new home like San Francisco is having to do, and then with all of the postponement and cancellations in college football would it be too terrible to just stop and wait until next fall and have a true, normal season?
These are young, healthy, Professional athletes With the best medical care available and are probably the least highest risk out there? How about you just let them play? You seeing many pro athletes getting sick and dying from Covid?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep posting this until people learn how to read....here's a hint if the Broncos had over a dozen players test positive and the ravens had 1 qb test positive then the ravens game would have been went on as scheduled and the Broncos game would get canceled

Whose to say they don’t? You know incubation periods....you’re all for the players and player safety...

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are young, healthy, Professional athletes With the best medical care available and are probably the least highest risk out there? How about you just let them play? You seeing many pro athletes getting sick and dying from Covid?
Khloe Kardashian Winner GIF by Bunim/Murray Productions

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially when they test negative. If they don't have the virus, there's no reason for the NFL to force them to sit out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose to say they don’t? You know incubation periods....you’re all for the players and player safety...

If there's more positive cases tomorrow morning then im sure it'll get postponed. Broncos probably shouldn't have said the other Qbs who were around didn't have a mask on. The league is already strict on protocols so probably should have kept that in house and see how the results come back tomorrow morning

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that but it's not always just the player that is the concern but the families of the players, coaches, and staff. The player may be young and healthy but the people they are coming into contact with before and after the game or during the week of practice leading up to the game may not be. The traveling, the being around other players and people that may not be taking it as seriously, could end up being the cause of real risk for others as well. For example if 18 players on Baltimore tested positive then there could be double or triple the amount of people that were exposed to them during this process.

Reactions: DJ

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but it's not always just the player that is the concern but the families of the players, coaches, and staff. The player may be young and healthy but the people they are coming into contact with when the game before and after the game or during the week of practice leading up to the game may not be. The traveling, the being around other players and people that may not be taking it as seriously, could end up being the cause of real risk for others as well. For example if 18 players on Baltimore tested positive then there could be double or triple the amount of people that were exposed to them during this process.
JFC :L

don’t you have a soccer game to get the kiddos to?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but it's not always just the player that is the concern but the families of the players, coaches, and staff. The player may be young and healthy but the people they are coming into contact with when the game before and after the game or during the week of practice leading up to the game may not be. The traveling, the being around other players and people that may not be taking it as seriously, could end up being the cause of real risk for others as well. For example if 18 players on Baltimore tested positive then there could be double or triple the amount of people that were exposed to them during this process.
This isn’t the place that anyone is going to listen to much regarding the virus. Just FYI. I agree with you. But you’re new, just a heads up.

see above.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last thing the NFL want is a super spreader event...also this virus is more about protecting others. How do i know a player isnt going home and seeing his 70 year old mother with cancer? Yeah players will normally be fine but the last thing any professional sport is a player or coach to spread the virus to others and that person go home and pass it on to someone who eventually pass away from it

Reactions: DJ

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t the place that anyone is going to listen to much regarding the virus. Just FYI. I agree with you. But you’re new, just a heads up.

see above.

I get it and I know it's not going to win me any friends here. I love sports, I don't want the seasons to be cancelled, but at the same time at some point you have to recognize the futility in it all.