• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos at Giants game thread

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Tommy "Action" Jackson say that he thinks one big difference between Peyton and Eli is that the latter will need an effective running game in order to succeed, while the latter won't. I think that is probably right.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montee Ball going to see more action today?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montee Ball going to see more action today?

Hard to say. Looked to me like they wanted to try and use him more in the second half after getting a lead, but it didn't work out as well as we'd have probably liked. Might be a little easier to run on the Giants than on Baltimore, but, personally, I'd be reluctant to start Ball on a fantasy team. Not to say that he can't have a big day, of course.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Montee Ball have any idea how to run to the hole?

Did the Giants earn one yard on that last drive?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn...give Moreno some credit today

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton's retarded little bro just didn't get it done today. Good game Broncos!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's been a pattern with PM and Fox.

Awesome to see Moreno step up today.

I heard a good take on that the other day. Takes Manning maybe 15-20 minutes, depending on how many offensive series/snaps it is, to get a feel for what the defensive game plan is. And then he anticipates pretty well what they are going to do and what adjustments they will make, and he picks them apart after that.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something that has gone a little unnoticed so far.

Defense has given up a total of 81 yards rushing the last 2 games. An average of 40.5 YPG.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this game turned out so well. Halftime score was a bit dubious, especially for those who remember a certain SB against the Giants.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something that has gone a little unnoticed so far.

Defense has given up a total of 81 yards rushing the last 2 games. An average of 40.5 YPG.

Yah....to me that is one of the biggest eye openers. After seeing we only gave up 23 yards to the Giants today, and knowing Baltimore didn't run much on us, I knew it had to be under 100 yards combined in both games. Come to find it was barely 80!

Vickerson and Knighton were blowing up the LOS all game against the Giants. Really good to see :clap:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense has surprised me so far. I kind of thought some of these games would be turning into shoot outs yet here we are the defense looking like they have been keeping our offense in games long enough to do their damage in the 2nd half. They are getting turnovers, stopping the run, and getting some timely pressure I guess you could say. The fact that they have been doing all of this without Champ and Von is just pretty darn impressive.

Offensively it was nice to see the run game get going a little bit. That should at least help keep teams a bit honest. I will say the dropped passes yesterday are a little concerning as we had this problem last year.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense has surprised me so far. I kind of thought some of these games would be turning into shoot outs yet here we are the defense looking like they have been keeping our offense in games long enough to do their damage in the 2nd half. They are getting turnovers, stopping the run, and getting some timely pressure I guess you could say. The fact that they have been doing all of this without Champ and Von is just pretty darn impressive.

Offensively it was nice to see the run game get going a little bit. That should at least help keep teams a bit honest. I will say the dropped passes yesterday are a little concerning as we had this problem last year.

Our guys definitely seem to have some butter finger issues. Fumbles and drops......IMO been by far our biggest issue through two games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guys definitely seem to have some butter finger issues. Fumbles and drops......IMO been by far our biggest issue through two games.

Right now with this offense the way it is the only way to stop it seems to be if we are the ones that make the mistake like a dropped pass or fumble. We had more than a few drives stopped because of a drop on 3rd down that should have easily been a first down. I'm sure they will watch the tape and then see Peyton in the corner shaking his head and they will get to work. Honestly the offense looked at times out of sync yesterday. The fact that we still put up 41 points being out of sync gets me excited though. Part of me wants to see us play Seattle at some point and just see how good our passing game is against the best secondary in the NFL.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now with this offense the way it is the only way to stop it seems to be if we are the ones that make the mistake like a dropped pass or fumble. We had more than a few drives stopped because of a drop on 3rd down that should have easily been a first down. I'm sure they will watch the tape and then see Peyton in the corner shaking his head and they will get to work. Honestly the offense looked at times out of sync yesterday. The fact that we still put up 41 points being out of sync gets me excited though. Part of me wants to see us play Seattle at some point and just see how good our passing game is against the best secondary in the NFL.

Montee Ball fumbled in the end zone.

Trevathan drops the ball before scoring in week 1.

WE COULD BE AVERAGING 47 POINTS A GAME!

This kind of offensive production helps your defense. They can pin their ears back and go after the QB and the opposing team is forced to abandon the run, so if the defense can be stout against the run in the 1st quarter, they can dictate to an extent what you can do.