• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos and Chiefs

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos and Chiefs have played 5 of the same opponents up to this point in the season. So far in the common games (obviously home field vs away games plays into some of these kind of things and injuries) the simple stats are the Broncos have scored 216 points to the Chiefs scoring 126. Defensively the Chiefs have given up 48 while the Broncos 131. The point differential is 85 for the Broncos and 78 for the Chiefs.

Definitely very excited to see this offense for the Broncos against that Chiefs defense. Will be a huge test for both units.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have been great this year and it is exciting to see this rivalry between the two heat up the way a pair of 6-0 starts can do. But I am confident the Broncos will emerge the better team by the time the season has ended.

The Chiefs offense has been pedestrian at best. A few of their games have been augmented by some defense and special teams scores. That's obviously a good thing because they can beat you in all three phases of the game. But short of the Chiefs offense gelling and going on a tear (which I acknowledge is possible) they are at this point a known quantity. They are not missing any major pieces, it is simply a matter of the pieces they have are not a top-tier unit.

The Broncos defense has been playing without its best two players through the first 5 games. And just when they get Champ back, they lose Woodyard and Ayers. But if they have the whole unit returning next week, we will only be seeing the beginning of what this unit is capable of. Defensively they have been a bit of a patchwork unit and they've still done enough to allow the offense to open up their first 4 games, and seal the deal in the 5th and 6th games.

The Chiefs are 6-0 but they have come close to realizing their potential. There is no reason to expect them to really elevate their level of play much higher than what we've already seen. The Broncos are 6-0 but defensively there is a lot to suggest they are only going to get better. And that's bad news for everyone else.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Chiefs are technically in first place too after this week, thanks to the 7th NFL tiebreaker.....

I say though, we better bring our "A" game, or Chiefs are going to beat us (and probably win the division).

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as a "healthy" Denver D plays aggressive within A.Smiths 20yd comfort zone, they should be able to win the offensive scoring battle. Its really going to boil down to how Denvers offense line protects Manning vs a very quick KC pass rush. Very big home team 12th man edge for both teams. I see a split (with no serious injury issues heading into both games).

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as a "healthy" Denver D plays aggressive within A.Smiths 20yd comfort zone, they should be able to win the offensive scoring battle. Its really going to boil down to how Denvers offense line protects Manning vs a very quick KC pass rush. Very big home team 12th man edge for both teams. I see a split (with no serious injury issues heading into both games).

Smith is averaging 3.4 yard's per play, and Charles 3.5....you wouldn't think it would be that hard to defend that.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing about the Chiefs; remember the 2009 Denver Broncos. They started out 6-0 mainly on the strength of great defensive play. Of course, that team finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs. A big reason for that was as teams got more and more film on our defense, they found ways to attack it. The Chiefs defense has blitzed a lot; read Peter King's MMQB today for a good read about their "insanity" defense.

I'm not saying the Chiefs are going to finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs, I'm just suggesting that maybe they aren't as good as they appear to be at the moment. If their defense is smoke and mirrors that will get exposed. I still think there are openings that can be attacked in their secondary. The issue is going to be figuring out how to slow down their pass rush. But if someone figures that out and gets it on film, I think the Chiefs defense will have a big drop off in their defensive performance.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Chiefs are technically in first place too after this week, thanks to the 7th NFL tiebreaker.....

I say though, we better bring our "A" game, or Chiefs are going to beat us (and probably win the division).

\

Very true.