• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos Acquire A.J. Bouye for 2020 4th Round Pick

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting what the CB contracts look like. I read an article that said Elway is not closed to bringing Chris Harris back even after the trade of Bouye, but the trade for Bouye means that Elway can not over pay for Chris Harris.

Some other CBs I wouldn't mind seeing being signed for the right price:
Prince Amukamara
Mackensie Alexander
Bashaud Breeland

Harris for me at Nickle we have the money and he gave us a deal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris for me at Nickle we have the money and he gave us a deal.

Just reading through the twitter timeline of Harris he seems pretty upset about this trade. He has told every major local media person his goodbyes so I think even if the Broncos come with a decent offer he is gone.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he is pissed that we got a guy to play the spot he did not want to play by his words. Then he is a chicken craphead. He wants to play nickel well this guy is not a nickel guy so I don't get him?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading through the twitter timeline of Harris he seems pretty upset about this trade. He has told every major local media person his goodbyes so I think even if the Broncos come with a decent offer he is gone.

Chris maybe upset by the trade, but should he be? If the Broncos want to start winning more games then they lose they probably have to make some moves. Chris wasn't upset when we brought in Talib. Having another CB or 2 should be seen as a good thing. Maybe he knows more then we do about Callahan, and doesn't want to be 3 or 4th highest paid player in the secondary.

It seem Chris wants to win, but only on his terms. I really like Chris and if he is leaving then I wish him well unless he is playing the Broncos.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris maybe upset by the trade, but should he be? If the Broncos want to start winning more games then they lose they probably have to make some moves. Chris wasn't upset when we brought in Talib. Having another CB or 2 should be seen as a good thing. Maybe he knows more then we do about Callahan, and doesn't want to be 3 or 4th highest paid player in the secondary.

It seem Chris wants to win, but only on his terms. I really like Chris and if he is leaving then I wish him well unless he is playing the Broncos.

Chris Harris has always been a bit different and hard to predict. Takes a smaller deal to stay with the Broncos. Next thing you know he is complaining about taking said deal and wants more money to stay on the team.

This past season said that he wanted to be top dog and cover #1 WR's. By end of the season he was upset he was not getting more opportunities in the slot.

Broncos go and get an outside CB that could help push Harris inside and boom doesn't want anything to do with the Broncos and keeps talking to Chiefs players about joining up with them.

I love Chris and have appreciated everything he has done but the last couple of years have been a bit weird with him.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after the contracts handed out in FA it is going to make this trade look even better. $13.5 million is going to be a discount compared to what Bouye would have gotten on the open market.

especially when you have to consider that he won't count for compensatory picks.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially when you have to consider that he won't count for compensatory picks.

That makes me smile... Look at what we got for the 5th that we got for Tebow .Picks Count!

Speaking of that make me wonder it that 5th will be back in Denver that would make one hell a team at MLB

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris has always been a bit different and hard to predict. Takes a smaller deal to stay with the Broncos. Next thing you know he is complaining about taking said deal and wants more money to stay on the team.

This past season said that he wanted to be top dog and cover #1 WR's. By end of the season he was upset he was not getting more opportunities in the slot.

Broncos go and get an outside CB that could help push Harris inside and boom doesn't want anything to do with the Broncos and keeps talking to Chiefs players about joining up with them.

I love Chris and have appreciated everything he has done but the last couple of years have been a bit weird with him.

I wonder why he is getting all uppity last I checked he had a down year. Way less impact

I don't think we were going low ball him. I think we wanted him back.

He wants to win and he saw Sanders BS pay off.

He will not go to KC all there money is going to their QB.

He more than likely will go to Dallas.

I now bet we will go after Jones

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder why he is getting all uppity last I checked he had a down year. Way less impact

I don't think we were going low ball him. I think we wanted him back.

He wants to win and he saw Sanders BS pay off.

He will not go to KC all there money is going to their QB.

He more than likely will go to Dallas.

I now bet we will go after Jones

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of getting Bouye was to not go after Jones.

Obviously - Chris Harris has emotions and ego involved. Let him work out his deal - whereever it is. Unfortunately, for Harris the Fangio defense doesn't place much weight on man to man pass defense ability. The Harris skill set is under compensated in Denver right now.

In the Fangio Defense - the Safety position is more important and Denver will have at least two Safeties at $14 million plus per year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHJ seems to thrive on living life with a chip on his shoulder. I’ve never been able to identify with that, but it appears to work for him.

Regardless, he’s been great for the Broncos - and whenever his career is over, his memory and reputation will remain as a Bronco.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of getting Bouye was to not go after Jones.

Obviously - Chris Harris has emotions and ego involved. Let him work out his deal - whereever it is. Unfortunately, for Harris the Fangio defense doesn't place much weight on man to man pass defense ability. The Harris skill set is under compensated in Denver right now.

In the Fangio Defense - the Safety position is more important and Denver will have at least two Safeties at $14 million plus per year.

Our Head Coach stated we lose Harris even with a veteran CB signed will leave a hole in our team so we will need at least one more top-notch CB according to Fangio.

I don't get why Harris is blowing a gasket we still need him or another top rate DB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Head Coach stated we lose Harris even with a veteran CB signed will leave a hole in our team so we will need at least one more top-notch CB according to Fangio.

I don't get why Harris is blowing a gasket we still need him or another top rate DB.

Because the Broncos can get Prince for 1/2 the dough.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and Viking showed our weakness as a team last year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have paid big before in Talib.

I think it is related to style of defense Crash. In the Wade Phillips defense you played a lot of man and press coverage - and the best talent at CB was needed to execute that. If can successfully protect yourself with man coverage - you defense has a numbers advantage in rushing the passer.

In the Fangio defense. The CBs cover a zone most of the time - they don't have to be as skilled an athlete - because the Fangio defense places the most athletic and talented DBs at Safety.

This is why the Broncos will have 2 $14 million a year Safeties next year with Simmons and Jackson.

It's actually the same thing you are complaining about in your Von Miller postings recently.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is related to style of defense Crash. In the Wade Phillips defense you played a lot of man and press coverage - and the best talent at CB was needed to execute that. If can successfully protect yourself with man coverage - you defense has a numbers advantage in rushing the passer.

In the Fangio defense. The CBs cover a zone most of the time - they don't have to be as skilled an athlete - because the Fangio defense places the most athletic and talented DBs at Safety.

This is why the Broncos will have 2 $14 million a year Safeties next year with Simmons and Jackson.

It's actually the same thing you are complaining about in your Von Miller postings recently.

Look I get what you are saying. last year for the most part bums held up.

Those same bums got lit up against the elite teams. we want to beat Elite.

Fangio's words. even with an Elite CB signing we still need to sign Harris back. that is his words.

I will believe him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I get what you are saying. last year for the most part bums held up.

Those same bums got lit up against the elite teams. we want to beat Elite.

Fangio's words. even with an Elite CB signing we still need to sign Harris back. that is his words.

I will believe him.

When did Fangio say this? I guess I missed that press conference/interview.

He did say they need 6 DB's but I don't remember him mentioning Harris as needing to be one of them. I always thought the Callahan signing was the sign that Harris was not a part of the future. They bring a similar skill set to the field.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Fangio say this? I guess I missed that press conference/interview.

He did say they need 6 DB's but I don't remember him mentioning Harris as needing to be one of them. I always thought the Callahan signing was the sign that Harris was not a part of the future. They bring a similar skill set to the field.

The problem is can you count on Callahan? Probably not this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is can you count on Callahan? Probably not this year.

If you operate with the thought of injuries happening then hard to build a roster. Last I heard Harris is looking for $15 million a year. Can you really pay 2 safeties around $15 million, Harris $15 million, Bouye $13.5 million, and Callahan $8 million. That is $66.5 million of the cap just devoted to the secondary.

Now I do expect them to still go sign another CB in this FA period but it does sound a little bit better to sign say Amukamura to $7 million a year to that of Harris at $15 million. Allows the team to still have some money towards the DL/LB group.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Harris gets 15 million. It would not surprise me if he doesn't get the 13.5 Elway offered him.