• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bron Bron and Cavs wrap up the 2 seed

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is picking at your lover boy James Wiggy, but the guy is 30 years old and as Sir Charles says - Father time is undefeated. You simply can't stop the body from slowing down. Lebron is not a freak of nature by the way - just an athlete that has been blessed with incredible talent and skill. He's not the first fantastic player and he won't be the last.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is picking at your lover boy James Wiggy, but the guy is 30 years old and as Sir Charles says - Father time is undefeated. You simply can't stop the body from slowing down. Lebron is not a freak of nature by the way - just an athlete that has been blessed with incredible talent and skill. He's not the first fantastic player and he won't be the last.

Wiggy just can't accept any criticism of Lebron or any suggestion that he won't be the best player in the league until he's 75 years old. He reminds me of some of our fellow Lakers fans when Kobe's skills started declining.

There is already some noticeable decline for Lebron. It's nothing big yet, things like settling for mid-range jumpers or 3's a little more often, not being quite as good defensively (although still pretty damn good). Within the next couple of seasons though, there will start to be a much more noticeable decline. That's why I think this year and next are likely Cleveland's best shots.

Certainly doesn't mean that they can't still contend, but it'll get more and more difficult.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy just can't accept any criticism of Lebron or any suggestion that he won't be the best player in the league until he's 75 years old. He reminds me of some of our fellow Lakers fans when Kobe's skills started declining.

There is already some noticeable decline for Lebron. It's nothing big yet, things like settling for mid-range jumpers or 3's a little more often, not being quite as good defensively (although still pretty damn good). Within the next couple of seasons though, there will start to be a much more noticeable decline. That's why I think this year and next are likely Cleveland's best shots.

Certainly doesn't mean that they can't still contend, but it'll get more and more difficult.
My friend who has followed basket ball longer than me believes Lebron has a good 4 to 5 years left in him, but I agree that this year and next are his best shots. I am thinking it will be Spurs vs Cleveland and the Spurs takes it in game 7

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend who has followed basket ball longer than me believes Lebron has a good 4 to 5 years left in him,

Barring any major injuries and as long as he keeps adjusting his game, that's probably about right. When Kobe was the same age Lebron is now, most figured that he also had about 4-5 good years left.

Given the injuries he's had over the past couple of seasons and that he's 36, it turned out to be pretty accurate.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring any major injuries and as long as he keeps adjusting his game, that's probably about right. When Kobe was the same age Lebron is now, most figured that he also had about 4-5 good years left.

Given the injuries he's had over the past couple of seasons and that he's 36, it turned out to be pretty accurate.
That being said, however I also pointed out to him that his hero LeQuitter - is still beginning to declined and has already peaked. Each year it's going to be tougher to pull out the stops and get a championship. Personally I think he will lucky to get one more and that will have to be this year or next and he definitely will not catch Kobe in titles let alone Michael Jordan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, however I also pointed out to him that his hero LeQuitter - is still beginning to declined and has already peaked. Each year it's going to be tougher to pull out the stops and get a championship. Personally I think he will lucky to get one more and that will have to be this year or next and he definitely will not catch Kobe in titles let alone Michael Jordan.

I never said LeBron is my hero- and i will without a doubt listen to legit criticism of him- such as he is not the same high flyer he used- that he does not have the "destroy you at all costs" mindset that Jordan had (all though- sometimes there is a benefit to taht- mainly being a good teammate and guy that other guys love playing with)- The "Decision" was just awfully planned, executed - as well as the dry ice not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 BS-

but when all is said and done- with the microscope he has lived under- and the scrutiny he has endured- he has done better than anyone else out there. Think of other famous athletes- Brady just recently with deflategate, Kobe with his r*pe, Arod with setoids

the only superstar athlete that has kept himself out of trouble and done everything right better than LeBron- from what I have seen - is Derek Jeter- (who also is not nearly as good at baseball as LeBron is at basketball)-----people ALWAYS look to tear down LeBron and just so little sticks- because the vast majority of it is just bullshit. LeBron is not going to lie about taking steriods, get found out and look like a jackass like Arod- he is not going to cheat on his ife, get a r*pe charge- and then justify it by saying "Shaq does it too"- or throw the ball boy under the buss like Brady, - there are a million other eexamples if you are talking strictly about rep and how they handle the spotlight- no one can deny LeBron has been AMAZINg in that category

As for his playing skills- does someone really want to say LeBron is not the best player in the game right now?- ---why I like Kobe so much as that he adapted- he is awesome-and added elements to his game once the athleticism started to go- and lebron has done the same-

If somoene thinks he will never win a title again, or that he is no longe r the best player in the league- they certainly have the right to that opinion- but all the evidence that i have seen points to the contrary.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend who has followed basket ball longer than me believes Lebron has a good 4 to 5 years left in him, but I agree that this year and next are his best shots. I am thinking it will be Spurs vs Cleveland and the Spurs takes it in game 7

Kobe also insisted on playing every single game and the Lakers did very little to limit his minutes- One of the reasons why LeBron came back is to play with guys younger than him that can carry the torch while he gives his body a break once in a while so that he can increase his longevity. Its no coincedence he has played the least minutes in his career this year- and missed the most games of his career this year. If he has a nagging inury the Cavs management staff has told him- take it easy, heal up and let yourself get to 100% ---

they are not running him into the ground like Spo did.- or like Kobe did to himself basically.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said LeBron is my hero- and i will without a doubt listen to legit criticism of him- such as he is not the same high flyer he used- that he does not have the "destroy you at all costs" mindset that Jordan had (all though- sometimes there is a benefit to taht- mainly being a good teammate and guy that other guys love playing with)- The "Decision" was just awfully planned, executed - as well as the dry ice not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 BS-

but when all is said and done- with the microscope he has lived under- and the scrutiny he has endured- he has done better than anyone else out there. Think of other famous athletes- Brady just recently with deflategate, Kobe with his r*pe, Arod with setoids

the only superstar athlete that has kept himself out of trouble and done everything right better than LeBron- from what I have seen - is Derek Jeter- (who also is not nearly as good at baseball as LeBron is at basketball)-----people ALWAYS look to tear down LeBron and just so little sticks- because the vast majority of it is just bullshit. LeBron is not going to lie about taking steriods, get found out and look like a jackass like Arod- he is not going to cheat on his ife, get a r*pe charge- and then justify it by saying "Shaq does it too"- or throw the ball boy under the buss like Brady, - there are a million other eexamples if you are talking strictly about rep and how they handle the spotlight- no one can deny LeBron has been AMAZINg in that category

As for his playing skills- does someone really want to say LeBron is not the best player in the game right now?- ---why I like Kobe so much as that he adapted- he is awesome-and added elements to his game once the athleticism started to go- and lebron has done the same-

If somoene thinks he will never win a title again, or that he is no longe r the best player in the league- they certainly have the right to that opinion- but all the evidence that i have seen points to the contrary.

Awww, sorry I hurt your feelings bro, but the fact remains that your hero has started to decline. Getting older really sucks sometimes, but it happens to everyone and Lebron has declined. Lebron at this point can still perform so close to what he did a couple years ago, that it's difficult to notice and the next two years is his best chances of getting another ring. That's not to say that it can't be done in three or four years though. Tim Duncan has done it and so has Tony Parker with one difference. The Spurs were not stuck with Ainge as their owner and Tim Duncan took less money so that the spurs could have the continuity of rebuilding with young talent. Some how I am just not impressed with the Cavaliers ability to do that. Can't figure out why though:scratch:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe also insisted on playing every single game and the Lakers did very little to limit his minutes- One of the reasons why LeBron came back is to play with guys younger than him that can carry the torch while he gives his body a break once in a while so that he can increase his longevity. Its no coincedence he has played the least minutes in his career this year- and missed the most games of his career this year. If he has a nagging inury the Cavs management staff has told him- take it easy, heal up and let yourself get to 100% ---

they are not running him into the ground like Spo did.- or like Kobe did to himself basically.
Kobe has five rings - How many does Lebron have again?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol- i never said LeBron is going to be the best player in the league whne he is 40- and he has definitely not dunked the ball and been the high flyer he used to- the crazy chase down blocks dont happen as often- his defense is still great- but its not consitently as great as it used to be

-however- he has also added other parts to his game that have compensated for those other things. The guy couldnt shoot a 3 to save his life when he was 24- unlike Dwade- he decided he needed it in his game- and now its a real weapon. He never had a post game in Cleveland- inMiami he develops a great post game which should be HUUUGe in his later years. He has perfected his passing and footwork and basketball Iq to a once in a generation level- to a higher level then what he had when he was 25-26 thats for sure.

At somep oint he will no longer be the best player in the game- but for the next 2 years after this year he WILL be- and he has a chance to be that best player in the game for the next 5 years-

ESPECIALLy because the Cavs are working with him to get him rest when he needs it- and will not run him into the ground- and while LeBron has fought them about it- he understands its for his own good.

i would imagine looking back that Kobe wishes that someone would have done the same for him. Its a shame the end part of his career has been tarnished by injury after injury and mediocre team after mediocre team- The proverb goes- a Smart man learns from his mistakes- a smarter man learns from the mistakes of others- It looks like LeBron and the Cavs management are taking that to heart.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems everyone flocks to Bron threads to rip him. He's not Ray Rice or Winston or any of the other thugs that play sports. Had a tough upbringing made it through and has been an outstanding player.

He's one of the best every to play. I can understand some criticism but yall rip him in what seems like extreme bashing. He didn't r*pe no one like Kobe or cheat like Tiger but everyone just loves to hate him. He plays a strong game and doesn't fuck up. A little more respect should be warranted.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems everyone flocks to Bron threads to rip him. He's not Ray Rice or Winston or any of the other thugs that play sports. Had a tough upbringing made it through and has been an outstanding player.

He's one of the best every to play. I can understand some criticism but yall rip him in what seems like extreme bashing. He didn't r*pe no one like Kobe or cheat like Tiger but everyone just loves to hate him. He plays a strong game and doesn't fuck up. A little more respect should be warranted.

Sooo, pointing out that Lebron is getting older and that as a result his skills are starting to decline and will continue to do so, just like with every other great player throughout history, is ripping him?

Damn the Lebroniacs are a sensitive bunch.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for them, wonder how they'll do in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn the Lebroniacs are a sensitive bunch.

we just recognize hate and jealously when we see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just unreal to me- if ANYONE has a right to criticize him its Cleveland fans.

This guy has more scrutiny then possibly any athlete to ever play considering the game he plays, and the time he was brought in.

Think of the "best guys" inother sports- in baseball guys like Pujols and Arod suspected of steroids....DwightHoward has like 12 kids out of wed lock and hadthe whole fiasco with the Lakers wherehe came out looking like a fool- Kobe and his legal issues and throwing shaq under the bus, FREAKING TIGER WOODS! Floyd Mayweather was thrown in Jail! Beating your kid with a stick like AP! Cheating constantly like Brady! lol,

There is not an athlete out there who has dealt with the spotlight LeBron has had to endure.

No one can say that LeBron is not a good guy and great example. The shots people take at him are so inconsequential when compared to his peers that it really comes down to irrational hate in a lot of circumstances.

I mean, how could you possibly call out LeBron for some petty BS and then cheer Kobe or Tiger or Arod or Howard or Mayweather or a ton of other guys out there. Its becuase people are ALWAYS looking for a way to tear a guy down and are loathe to give him the credit he deserves. You would think from reading these boards that LeBron was a scumbag.

Its just ridiculous. I have no clue how anyone outside of Cleveland can think that LeBron has not done it the right way- and in this day of pro-athlete debauchery - he is as close to role model that kids have out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just unreal to me- if ANYONE has a right to criticize him its Cleveland fans.

This guy has more scrutiny then possibly any athlete to ever play considering the game he plays, and the time he was brought in.

Think of the "best guys" inother sports- in baseball guys like Pujols and Arod suspected of steroids....DwightHoward has like 12 kids out of wed lock and hadthe whole fiasco with the Lakers wherehe came out looking like a fool- Kobe and his legal issues and throwing shaq under the bus, FREAKING TIGER WOODS! Floyd Mayweather was thrown in Jail! Beating your kid with a stick like AP! Cheating constantly like Brady! lol,

There is not an athlete out there who has dealt with the spotlight LeBron has had to endure.

No one can say that LeBron is not a good guy and great example. The shots people take at him are so inconsequential when compared to his peers that it really comes down to irrational hate in a lot of circumstances.

I mean, how could you possibly call out LeBron for some petty BS and then cheer Kobe or Tiger or Arod or Howard or Mayweather or a ton of other guys out there. Its becuase people are ALWAYS looking for a way to tear a guy down and are loathe to give him the credit he deserves. You would think from reading these boards that LeBron was a scumbag.

Its just ridiculous. I have no clue how anyone outside of Cleveland can think that LeBron has not done it the right way- and in this day of pro-athlete debauchery - he is as close to role model that kids have out there.