• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brodie Lee (Luke Harper in WWE) passes away at 41

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that looks like a fun card for Wednesday night.
Only Dark Order member not listed on the card is 5/Alan Angels. I probably would’ve taken Orange Cassidy out and put him in that six man tag instead.

Fwiw, OC is in that match because its Brodie Jr's favorite wrestlers. I think Silver posted a picture of Jr dressed as OC for Halloween. That's what the -1 means. Since every member of Dark Order has a number, started calling Brodie Jr "-1"

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, OC is in that match because its Brodie Jr's favorite wrestlers. I think Silver posted a picture of Jr dressed as OC for Halloween. That's what the -1 means. Since every member of Dark Order has a number, started calling Brodie Jr "-1"
Gotcha. Still sucks for Angels that he's not out there having a match when the rest of his group is. Guess he’ll accompany someone at some point perhaps.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE opened tonight's Monday Night Raw with a graphic noting the passing of Jon Huber aka Luke Harper during his time for the company. It was the first of several tributes over the course of the show for Huber.

Xavier Woods was spotted wearing a black armband that read BRODIE during Raw. Woods also did Huber's mannerisms while nailing a discus lariat, paying tribute to Huber:

On commentary, Tom Phillips called it a "Harper clothesline" to which Samoa Joe responded, "Yeah Yeah Yeah", a frequent phrase used by Huber.

Earlier on the show, Phillips said, "It's Monday and you know what that means," a reference to Huber's daily Twitter post. Drew

McIntyre also dropped the phrase during his promo to open Raw.

Alexa Bliss used the phrase "Yeah Yeah Yeah" during her promo while swinging on the playground during her segment that led to Randy Orton visiting the Firefly Funhouse.

Which makes me think that there are more coming. I say around SD this and Raw Next week.

I think that they didn't have enough time to edit or pull stuff together to make one.

But this is what Pisses me off about the IWC sometimes. They wanted a 10 bell salute, tribute video etc....

THOSE THINGS TAKE FUCKING TIME.

Think of it this way...

Patterson was a Non Holiday Wednesday. THAT WHY EVERYTHING WAS DONE!!!!!

Huber died ON FUCKING BOXING DAY. THERE WAD NO TIME TO ARRANGE SHIT AND GET IT DONE BECAUSE IT WAS THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insightful story from Tony Schiavone about how things went down with Brodie's diagnosis

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which makes me think that there are more coming. I say around SD this and Raw Next week.

I think that they didn't have enough time to edit or pull stuff together to make one.

But this is what Pisses me off about the IWC sometimes. They wanted a 10 bell salute, tribute video etc....

THOSE THINGS TAKE FUCKING TIME.

Think of it this way...

Patterson was a Non Holiday Wednesday. THAT WHY EVERYTHING WAS DONE!!!!!

Huber died ON FUCKING BOXING DAY. THERE WAD NO TIME TO ARRANGE SHIT AND GET IT DONE BECAUSE IT WAS THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Boxing Day means nothing here
2. They're a multi billion dollar company with a crazy owner who expects everybody under him to be on call 24/7.....you're telling me they couldn't do ANYTHING in the 48 hour timeframe they had?
3. A 10 bell salute literally takes zero effort
4. See the Benoit tribute they threw together in less than 24 hours

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insightful story from Tony Schiavone about how things went down with Brodie's diagnosis

I was wondering when they did that podcast with him. It sounds like they’re doing good by Brodie’s family.
I was just watching the segments of BTE with Brodie in them and his final scene on there was him actually praising Reynolds instead of chastising him like he did every other time.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Boxing Day means nothing here
2. They're a multi billion dollar company with a crazy owner who expects everybody under him to be on call 24/7.....you're telling me they couldn't do ANYTHING in the 48 hour timeframe they had?
3. A 10 bell salute literally takes zero effort
4. See the Benoit tribute they threw together in less than 24 hours

1 and 2) If you think about it. No they couldn't. All of the talent are with family because it is the first day after Christmas. When would be the first time all together....

Raw on the 28th. Which they tried to do, that is why I say keep an eye in Smackdown on Friday or Raw next week.

3) You know. Your right.

4) Good point. Before all of the Info was had.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW's Brodie tribute was fantastic. You know that was incredibly hard for them to perform tonight and they absolutely crushed it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW's Brodie tribute was fantastic. You know that was incredibly hard for them to perform tonight and they absolutely crushed it.

And everything said. Let's just say my room was "dusty".

These matches were well done

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Schiavone announced on the post-show that Tony Khan really did give Brodie Jr the TNT Title. They are retiring that design of the title and will design a new one going forward. What a nice gesture.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many onions cut tonight

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch AEW much but checked this out last night. I don't think they could have done that any better and I popped hard for Rowan. That was fantastic. How surreal it was to see WWE talent tweeting about the show too.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance must be a blast behind the scenes to be one of Brodie Jr’s favorite wrestlers

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch AEW much but checked this out last night. I don't think they could have done that any better and I popped hard for Rowan. That was fantastic. How surreal it was to see WWE talent tweeting about the show too.

Respect man.

In a business that has a "reputation" of being run by assholes and bullies. He was a genuine good guy. Wrestling needs a few more of those

Wouldn't be surprised to see this on SD or Raw next week.

And Lofton. As interim mod. Welcome.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Shoemaker's eloquence transcends wrestling. This guy is a great culture writer period. RIP Brodie!

All of the heartfelt tributes from wrestlers have been fantastic but that Bray Instagram post was especially powerful.