• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brodie Lee (Luke Harper in WWE) passes away at 41

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. What tragic, shocking news

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From his wife on instagram, passed from a non-covid lung issue. :( :( :(

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I send the best to his family and friends. He was a seemingly healthy man in the prime of his life just weeks ago. This is so unsettling.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I send the best to his family and friends. He was a seemingly healthy man in the prime of his life just weeks ago. This is so unsettling.

Which I want to know more about the lung issue...

If he was Waiting or post transplant. Life is a bit bitch. Trust me, first hand experiences, kindey in 2013,

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked to hear this. All I thought was wrong with him was an ankle injury. Condolences to all of his friends and family right now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked to hear this. All I thought was wrong with him was an ankle injury. Condolences to all of his friends and family right now.

Heard that too

It sounds like very few people knew and that the family wanted to keep it private. I believe Meltzer made a comment in a podcast or something a month or two ago about his status being a "state secret" but he didn't go into any details and never followed up. And based on Twitter statements and reactions, it seems like only the top brass at AEW knew what was up. It had to have been something rare and pretty serious if he was getting treatment from the Mayo Clinic like his wife said.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like very few people knew and that the family wanted to keep it private. I believe Meltzer made a comment in a podcast or something a month or two ago about his status being a "state secret" but he didn't go into any details and never followed up. And based on Twitter statements and reactions, it seems like only the top brass at AEW knew what was up. It had to have been something rare and pretty serious if he was getting treatment from the Mayo Clinic like his wife said.
Yeah, I was surprised he hadn’t returned yet for an ankle injury. I would’ve figured he was coming back weeks ago if that’s all it was. Since this upcoming Dynamite is live, I’m wondering how they’ll handle the tribute to him. Hope they do like WWE and have the wrestlers out there for the 10 bell salute.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. But I still want to know more.

Call me curious but their are just so many questions right now

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading thru Twitter/Instagram from damn near everyone involved in pro wrestling sharing stories about Brodie, its clear that he was an absolutely exceptional and kind man. This guy was beloved by everyone. Stories about people he just met or barely knew that went through some kind of strife, he would call them to console them, send them care packages, all kinds of stuff. Just going above and beyond with kindness and generosity.

If you're interested, if you buy a Brodie Lee t-shirt from AEW or ProWrestlingTees, 100% of the proceeds are going to Brodie's family. CM Punk also announced if you buy any of his merch, he's donating it all to the family as well.

Reactions: ill

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading thru Twitter/Instagram from damn near everyone involved in pro wrestling sharing stories about Brodie, its clear that he was an absolutely exceptional and kind man. This guy was beloved by everyone. Stories about people he just met or barely knew that went through some kind of strife, he would call them to console them, send them care packages, all kinds of stuff. Just going above and beyond with kindness and generosity.

If you're interested, if you buy a Brodie Lee t-shirt from AEW or ProWrestlingTees, 100% of the proceeds are going to Brodie's family. CM Punk also announced if you buy any of his merch, he's donating it all to the family as well.

Done my biz a ness. CM Punk Pipebomb Long Sleeve shirt and a grab bag shirt

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that looks like a fun card for Wednesday night.
Only Dark Order member not listed on the card is 5/Alan Angels. I probably would’ve taken Orange Cassidy out and put him in that six man tag instead.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE opened tonight's Monday Night Raw with a graphic noting the passing of Jon Huber aka Luke Harper during his time for the company. It was the first of several tributes over the course of the show for Huber.

Xavier Woods was spotted wearing a black armband that read BRODIE during Raw. Woods also did Huber's mannerisms while nailing a discus lariat, paying tribute to Huber:

On commentary, Tom Phillips called it a "Harper clothesline" to which Samoa Joe responded, "Yeah Yeah Yeah", a frequent phrase used by Huber.

Earlier on the show, Phillips said, "It's Monday and you know what that means," a reference to Huber's daily Twitter post. Drew

McIntyre also dropped the phrase during his promo to open Raw.

Alexa Bliss used the phrase "Yeah Yeah Yeah" during her promo while swinging on the playground during her segment that led to Randy Orton visiting the Firefly Funhouse.