• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BRob to the Skanks

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want him back, but I'm sure he will manage to have a MVP like year whenever he faces us.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow 2 million plus incentives not a bad contract for brob

cam1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is our second basemen? Flaherty? fuck

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness, look at the record. Below 500 record with BRob, and if I recall 10 games up without him. He isn't the guy of the mid/late 2000's. Good riddance and I think Flaherty is better anyhow. Remember Flaherty was tearing the cover off the ball the weeks before BRob came back. I will trust Buck and Dan to put a competitive team on the field.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always a sad day when career Orioles like Mussina & Roberts join the dark side. I'm certain Roberts will have a great season now that he is a Yank and will probably be injury free. It's just how these things work out for O's fans who have longed for a post season run for umpteen years. And the O's will trot out some AAA player to fill that spot but charge major league ticket prices to the fans. Nothing changes with the O's it seems. A fan I am and always will be but highly disappointed with yet another off season.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always a sad day when career Orioles like Mussina & Roberts join the dark side. I'm certain Roberts will have a great season now that he is a Yank and will probably be injury free. It's just how these things work out for O's fans who have longed for a post season run for umpteen years. And the O's will trot out some AAA player to fill that spot but charge major league ticket prices to the fans. Nothing changes with the O's it seems. A fan I am and always will be but highly disappointed with yet another off season.

Took the words out of my mouth

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing changes with some fans. A thread about Roberts signing with the Yankees turns into an Angelos bashing thread. If Flaherty is a AAA player than what is Roberts at this point of his career? I think most fans would take Flaherty over Roberts right now.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most fans would take Flaherty over Roberts right now.
I would. Roberts hasn't been able to play a full season in 4 years. His numbers the past 3 seasons are right on par with what Flaherty offers, and Flaherty comes at 1/4th of the cost of Roberts. While Roberts was a fan favorite, eventually you have to move on.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would. Roberts hasn't been able to play a full season in 4 years. His numbers the past 3 seasons are right on par with what Flaherty offers, and Flaherty comes at 1/4th of the cost of Roberts. While Roberts was a fan favorite, eventually you have to move on.

I have moved on however, Flaherty sucks!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing changes with some fans. A thread about Roberts signing with the Yankees turns into an Angelos bashing thread. If Flaherty is a AAA player than what is Roberts at this point of his career? I think most fans would take Flaherty over Roberts right now.

I can see you haven't been an O's fan for the past 43 years like myself Trev. The Ravens logo gives that away. I would take Roberts on a 2M 1 year deal over Flaherty any day of the week even with his injury problems. That's the difference between fans who want to finally win with some consistency. We also need a front line pitcher for our rotation which we haven't done. I'm sure we will pick up a few less pricey scraps and call it a good off season. Your obviously ok with that.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man.... ahh, well.

Wish him the best.. except for when he faces us of course. I remember how frustrated he was about making a return a couple of years ago.. it was some video ESPN showed. Really felt for the guy. I'd love for him to have spent his entire career with the O's, but he honestly probably has a better chance of sticking around the bigs with the Yankees.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Roch, Roberts did not give the O's the opportunity to match the Skanks $2m offer. So fuck him, he didnt want to be here.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see you haven't been an O's fan for the past 43 years like myself Trev. The Ravens logo gives that away. I would take Roberts on a 2M 1 year deal over Flaherty any day of the week even with his injury problems. That's the difference between fans who want to finally win with some consistency. We also need a front line pitcher for our rotation which we haven't done. I'm sure we will pick up a few less pricey scraps and call it a good off season. Your obviously ok with that.
I've grew up with Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray, Ken Singleton etc. so I've been a fan for pretty much just as long. If you would take Roberts over Flaherty then I don't know what to tell you. Flaherty is just better right now.

What does the Ravens logo have to do with anything? That doesn't make much sense.

What do you suggest for a front line starter? There certainly aren't any on the market.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've grew up with Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray, Ken Singleton etc. so I've been a fan for pretty much just as long. If you would take Roberts over Flaherty then I don't know what to tell you. Flaherty is just better right now.

What does the Ravens logo have to do with anything? That doesn't make much sense.

What do you suggest for a front line starter? There certainly aren't any on the market.

Roberts over Flaherty for 1 year is a no brainer imo at 2M. Unless of course, if you think you can't win this year then let him walk and hold on to Flaherty. I want to win this year.

I mentioned the Ravens logo because I grew up an Orioles, Bullets, Caps, Skins fan having grown up in MD & VA. We had no Ravens, Nationals etc and I would never be a fan of any other team not mentioned.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Flaherty gives the Orioles a better chance of winning than Roberts. Flaherty brings the better defense and will at the very least be just as productive as Roberts with the bat.