• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Daboll had reason to be mad...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pause it before the Throw....

Do you see the piece of blue jersey in the end zone?

Yeah he was wide open

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was just a shit throw first off, even if Witherspoon doesn't intercept Wagner was right there as well... that comment was made last night and during the game (you had a corner end zone throw). Despite Seattle setting an NFL record for sacks that night on MNF, there was no pressure on him on this play, why he felt the need to throw it SO fast was why Daboll was pissed off. Let the play develop a bit more, that's not even your best option, why are you chucking it there with tons of time?

It was just a lazy play, kind of like Wilson and the Super Bowl throw... Wilson wasn't under any pressure but he just figured, "Eh I'll just chuck it." and basically the same result here.

End of day, Daniel Jones just isn't a good QB. He was drafted way too high (frankly a 2nd round talent) in a weak QB class and woops. I remember being quite baffled at the contract they gave him... meanwhile letting the actual person carrying that team (Barkley) sit uncontracted longer term. If I was Barkley I'd probably just sit out the season at this point, especially with the next couple games coming up (Bills/Phins). No reason to bang yourself up with that dumpster fire of an offense.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a difference a year can make. Lets play a few more games but things look sour in NYG land.
To this point, the Jones contract looks awful.
The bottom line is that qbs don't grow on trees and you had better have one.
I am guessing they thought jones did just enough last year to be an average qb and that daboll could help him improve.
I think they panicked and didn't want to be one of the 10 teams that have no qb.
I don't know.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing they thought jones did just enough last year to be an average qb and that daboll could help him improve.
I think they panicked and didn't want to be one of the 10 teams that have no qb.
I don't know.
certain quality requires a few seasons to show.

Labels are given way to freely.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a difference a year can make. Lets play a few more games but things look sour in NYG land.
That looked like an undisciplined team to me. Bad O Line play, bad tackling, bad scheme, piss poor effort.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.
Effectively he's on a $80M/2 year deal with 2 years of possible extensions. If the Giants had tagged him twice it would have cost at least $71.3M. They wouldn't have extension options, any future tag leverage, or cap relief. Given that the Giants were prepared to tag him for 2023 I can understand their thinking. It's not the worst deal i've ever seen. On the flip side i've seen numerous rookies have multiple bad seasons, have a banner season in a contract year, and then go back to being sub-par.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effectively he's on a $80M/2 year deal with 2 years of possible extensions. If the Giants had tagged him twice it would have cost at least $71.3M. They wouldn't have extension options, any future tag leverage, or cap relief. Given that the Giants were prepared to tag him for 2023 I can understand their thinking. It's not the worst deal i've ever seen. On the flip side i've seen numerous rookies have multiple bad seasons, have a banner season in a contract year, and then go back to being sub-par.
Jones did make a leap in 2022 and did lead them to a playoff win. He obviously has a great agent.

I still think some teams would rather stay with what they have and be average instead of moving on and aiming for drafting a rookie.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones did make a leap in 2022 and did lead them to a playoff win. He obviously has a great agent.

I still think some teams would rather stay with what they have and be average instead of moving on and aiming for drafting a rookie.
This is the epitome of Joe Flacco all over again, although Flacco did actually have an amazing stretch of playoffs and led his team to a Super Bowl with decent play for like 4 games.

I remember the signing of Joe Flacco I graded an auto F and thought it was one of the dumbest contracts in NFL history (which I was 100% accurate on) and this mirrors it to some extent.

The agent of Joe Flacco and now Daniel Jones need a 'sports science' done on them.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are and will be terrible for the next few years. There's only one way out of this mess. "Planning for Manning" Arch Manning 2026 draft . You've got till then to build an offensive line Gmen, the clock starts now.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are and will be terrible for the next few years. There's only one way out of this mess. "Planning for Manning" Arch Manning 2026 draft . You've got till then to build an offensive line Gmen, the clock starts now.
That loser can't even win the starting role in college....Goodluck:thumb:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2021 wasn't exactly a tough target to surpass. I wouldn't have paid him what the Giants did. Not having a QB can be scary.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early out is the saving grace on this one.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.
That's pretty much it. Panicked is the right term. But everybody with even minimal football knowledge was saying they should FT Jones first to see if last year was a fluke and try to sign Saquon to a 2-3 year deal at above average. Like $36-40 mil/ 3 year. Of course the RB devalue and worrying about injuries was a huge factor but signing Jones was the wrong move. The dude is a runner who throws a little more than any QB out there that we regularly troll. I think a lot of people were way too high on the Giants after last season. THey got off to a hot start due to an insanely easy schedule and the element of surprise. Tailed off in the second half of the season but got into the play-offs and to their credit, had a big game in Minny. But let's face it, Minny was a mirage too and had a defense that was awful. This year, the Giants have had a brutal schedule, they never addressed any of the weaknesses they've had for years and Jones has basically just regressed back to what he really is. He stares down his first read and is only effective when he doesn't have to think and runs around using his athleticism. The talent around him is non-existent and the coaches aren't making any adjustments to help him or that horrible Oline. Just a poorly built roster with nothing to hang their hat on besides Barkley and a few guys on the defensive front.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams should really get in the business of letting average QBs walk. They were better saving all that money by signing a veteran free agent QB on a 1 year deal then using the resources in building an all around good team.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope ny keeps him cause i,m a washington fan.you,d think he,d learn by now to not stare down recievers.the giants were stupid to give him such a huge deal,now it,s taking a bite out of them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been trying to build it for ten years. 3 more won't help.