• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brewery memberships

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iron Hill Brewery in Pennsylvania and Delaware has the "King of the Hill" club. It's $15 lifetime. You get a special night every two weeks. Growler fills are half price that night, and crowlers on discount, too. Every day you get a 20 ounce pour for the regular price of a 16. We each got a free mug.

The food is good, too.

This is a good deal. They have a lot of their own beers. A few are fruity or sours, but most of the others run from drinkable to pretty damn delicious.
Update on Iron Hill.

I guess Covid restrictions hit them hard, or they managed it badly. They were bought out by some corporate types who have killed most of the original menu. They still have the same core of beers, but there don't seem to be any new ones. We don't go there anymore. Sad.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Sierra Nevada's Alpha Hop Society. 18 beers/year, 3 catered events with free beer, and swag. Some years they have added 2-3 extra bottles for free, and we are talking 750ml bottles. Also, the 18 are not general public releases, all one offs. Some have gone on to public release in the Wild to the Woods Series.

Also. Fonta Flora has a series, same $300 but only 6 beers per year, one event, and a tee. Big plus, guaranteed front of line on all of their rare releases.i was in it for 2 years, let it go. Their Sours began to all taste a like (too me). The one I cracked last night was solid though.
The "in" one now, from what I can tell is Private Press in California. It's a member only brewery, so regular peeps off the street can't buy their beer

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "in" one now, from what I can tell is Private Press in California. It's a member only brewery, so regular peeps off the street can't buy their beer
Interesting.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.
It's the former Jackie O's (good Athens, Ohio brewery) brewer that started it. There are a few people around here that have memberships, but I don't know anyone well enough to have tried the beer. I don't think they have any plans to put in a taproom.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the former Jackie O's (good Athens, Ohio brewery) brewer that started it. There are a few people around here that have memberships, but I don't know anyone well enough to have tried the beer. I don't think they have any plans to put in a taproom.
Our Alpha Hop Society events, we can bring one free guest.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Alpha Hop Society events, we can bring one free guest.
Members only for the wolfpack (Wolf's Ridge) quarterly events, but it's also less pricy than your Alpha Hop