• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breakout player for 2016

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good selection
maybe I'm the Lone Ranger on this one, but I don't think our dline will be as piss poor as so many assume
I am of this opinion as well. I don't see much improvement as far as sacks go, but putting pressure on the QB is attainable by this group. Getting better play on the backend will help, along with getting rid of Hardy. Of course, I could just be looking at the glass half full.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Debbie downer from you....

Good Times!!

I think he figures it out finally. I think he has heard enough about Brice Butler and is ready to get a big contract. 3 weeks ago, I would have said Butler was gonna take his job. Something seems different so far. He has been showing up regularly on the daily stand outs.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hannah down, I am rolling with Escobar....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of this opinion as well. I don't see much improvement as far as sacks go, but putting pressure on the QB is attainable by this group. Getting better play on the backend will help, along with getting rid of Hardy. Of course, I could just be looking at the glass half full.
I think they will give 100% and will get some pressure and I do think the DBs will help by being better, but they need to improve as far as sacks and disruptive plays go by a lot. Pressure is a great buzz word, but there are different types of pressure. If you are getting there and blowing up plays, then yeah that is great and we'll be fine, but if your just getting in the vicinity and doing enough to let your presence be known but not felt and coming up a step short every play, then we've seen how little that can do for this team the past few years. Lawrence will be key. I think he is a double digit sack guy. If Crawford's issue last year was indeed just health and he steps it up we should be OK. But we need to find a way to be better than OK. Maybe guys step up and maybe not. But they need to be a lot better than they have been and it's not about hoping it's about being sure.

I think the team tried, but Gregory and Hardy were more reckless boom or bust type attempts and both busted. You need to be sure you've fixed problems and you can put a rosy spin on it, but you're hoping for guys that other teams didn't want to save the day. Sure it may happen. I think Irving and J Crawford and some others will be pretty good and next to Lawrence and T Crawford hope we'll be good enough and the other guys will all bring the "waves" that Marinelli likes. To me the chance of being more than just OK is the rookies. You don't have to be a first round pick to be good. Maybe Tapper and Collins will play a role for us. They are two of the guys I want to see most in preseason (once Collins is back).

I also just think it's time to blitz more and I think we will as long as the DBs are better

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense wont suck but until we get at least 2 guys that can get to the QB and be spotlighted by the other teams OC its going to be tough sledding for the DL
JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Wilson practicing yet? He is another guy that I think could win a role at some point this year for us. I think Gachkar was going to have a role and now that is up for grabs at least for the first few games. Wilber had enough chances IMO.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense wont suck but until we get at least 2 guys that can get to the QB and be spotlighted by the other teams OC its going to be tough sledding for the DL
JMHO
understandable opinion, but stranger things have happened. Those guys could already be on this team. It sure appears we'll be getting a push from the inside with our tackle rotations

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Wilson practicing yet? He is another guy that I think could win a role at some point this year for us. I think Gachkar was going to have a role and now that is up for grabs at least for the first few games. Wilber had enough chances IMO.
Wilber has been very good playing a variety of roles when called upon. I'm not sure he's ever been given a chance but I think that's been by design. Quality role player IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started quite a few games on the strong side for us and never did much with the opportunity. Coverage skills aren't there and never gave the pressure we hoped and even didn't seem as good against the run as he was when he got spot play. Seemed more a guy to keep active on game day because he plays STs and can play Sam and DE if needed and has done both for us due to injury. Not saying I'd cut him, but if we can't do better than him in the starting lineup, then IMO that's a bad sign based on what I've seen from him.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be an odd one....I'm going to say Dez Bryant. He's now an in NFL terms a player in his prime. I say 100 catches around 1500 yrds and 12 TDS. Improved hands on routine balls and better route running. Coale Beasley is my runner up on offense. On Defense I'm going with Carr....I don't know why. I feel he has less pressure on him this year with Orlando being back, and with Jones playing safety. He's going to have his best season 5 picks he's not a pro bowler but he will be a plus defender for this team this year.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitchens on defense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be an odd one....I'm going to say Dez Bryant. He's now an in NFL terms a player in his prime. I say 100 catches around 1500 yrds and 12 TDS. Improved hands on routine balls and better route running. Coale Beasley is my runner up on offense. On Defense I'm going with Carr....I don't know why. I feel he has less pressure on him this year with Orlando being back, and with Jones playing safety. He's going to have his best season 5 picks he's not a pro bowler but he will be a plus defender for this team this year.
You all know I'm not a Carr guy, but I could see him playing better with a true free safety and moving him around to get better matchups for him. That doesn't mean we couldn't have done better with his salary elsewhere and being better than poor isn't too hard, but I do expect better play than the last two years. Personally I'm hoping he comes off the bench and if what we are reading about Mo is accurate he should. He really is the only one of our top 3 CBs with some size

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all know I'm not a Carr guy, but I could see him playing better with a true free safety and moving him around to get better matchups for him. That doesn't mean we couldn't have done better with his salary elsewhere and being better than poor isn't too hard, but I do expect better play than the last two years. Personally I'm hoping he comes off the bench and if what we are reading about Mo is accurate he should. He really is the only one of our top 3 CBs with some size
At least with Carr or Mo coming off the bench we have that all so important depth.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed more a guy to keep active on game day because he plays STs and can play Sam and DE if needed and has done both for us due to injury. Not saying I'd cut him, but if we can't do better than him in the starting lineup, then IMO that's a bad sign based on what I've seen from him.

We can agree to disagree...to the bolded, I'd just say,

The first bolded is far and away his value on Sunday.

The 2nd bolded...Role players have always had value in the NFL and IMO, 4th round role player entering his 6th season being able to run down on special teams and also play DE when called upon is a special player.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving becomes a big time player this year

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less what I think will happen and more what I hope will happen, Witten's workload finally lessens and Escobar steps up into a bigger role.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Morris will be very valuable for this team. I am not sure if you can call it break out as he has been a starter in this league, but he ain't done and he might be able to push Zeke in ways he never thought of before, and I mean that in a good way.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I change my vote to Dak...:thumb: