• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cerealboi How would you describe the evidence that Tom Brady "knew about, consented to, encouraged" tampering with footballs and that his explanation of why he destroyed his cellphone was ridiculous?

So now you're just parroting the conclusions of Goodell's report? The 2nd Circuit doesn't reach that opinion. They just found that Goodell had the power to reach that opinion and punish accordingly.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you're just parroting the conclusions of Goodell's report? The 2nd Circuit doesn't reach that opinion. They just found that it Goodell had the power to reach that opinion and punish accordingly.

They did also imply the destroying of the phone was pretty big, saying "tho the evidence is circumstantial, it is overwhelming"

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In their decision, the judges did not consider the underlying facts of the case, including the science of football deflation, but instead looked solely at whether Goodell, as arbitrator, acted in the spirit of the collective bargaining agreement."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/s...w-england-patriots-suspension-reinstated.html

So far it looks like there is nothing new that supports actual cheating. It is all based on tampering and Goodell's authority.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In their decision, the judges did not consider the underlying facts of the case, including the science of football deflation, but instead looked solely at whether Goodell, as arbitrator, acted in the spirit of the collective bargaining agreement."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/s...w-england-patriots-suspension-reinstated.html

So far it looks like there is nothing new that supports actual cheating. It is all based on tampering and Goodell's authority.

Semantics. Tampering = Cheating.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did also imply the destroying of the phone was pretty big, saying "tho the evidence is circumstantial, it is overwhelming"

I don't think they did. What the majority (i.e. the two Giants fans on the panel) found was that Goodell could take the Wells Report AND evidence adduced at the hearing and reach a conclusion that was more severe than the Wells' Reports "more probable than not". But that's mainly because anything short of declaring that Brady had to become Goodell's butler was basically agreed to powerwise in the CBA.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe attempted cheating, but even that was not proven.

I am sure when you come up for trial on Murder instead of Attempted Murder you will understand the difference.

Difference between murder and attempted murder is 2 more games suspension.

Anyways, "attempted" cheating doesn't make it sound any better.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love Pats fans feverishly searching the internet and pasting articles that support their narrative

While ignoring all the pieces that dont

Typical Bradys'*

They are staunch in their belief that OJ was framed.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between murder and attempted murder is 2 more games suspension.

Anyways, "attempted" cheating doesn't make it sound any better.

Agreed. I dont disagree with the actual ruling either. The league and players gave Goodell more authority than they should have. This is the kind of stuff that happens when you do. The whole absolute power corrupts absolutely type deal.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought patriots fans couldn't possibly embarrass themselves any more than they already have.......

This feeling I have is the same as when I woke up at age six on Christmas morning.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good article, however there is one thing I disagree with with.

I don't buy that for a second. The Patriots are too smart to waste energy and resources on something they don't think helps them. If they're bothering to do it, it's because they believe it gives them an edge.

That's just some BS by the Pats apologists. Knowing Belichick, and the amount of time and resources he is putting into use for things like these (Ernie Adams), pretty sure that the advantage gained is useful.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are staunch in their belief that OJ was framed.

That guy was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Multiple DNA tests with results of over 5 billion to 1 probability.

No comparison to this case. Science does not support it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Multiple DNA tests with results of over 5 billion to 1 probability.

No comparison to this case. Science does not support it.

Did Tom Brady tamper with footballs (directly or indirectly) and how would you characterize his explanation why he destroyed his cellphone?

I'd like to get your opinion then I'll tell you what the federal judges in this case said.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought patriots fans couldn't possibly embarrass themselves any more than they already have.......

This feeling I have is the same as when I woke up at age six on Christmas morning.

It's disappointing.

Very, very disappointing.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tom Brady tamper with footballs (directly or indirectly) and how would you characterize his explanation why he destroyed his cellphone?

I'd like to get your opinion then I'll tell you what the federal judges in this case said.

I still don't know, but not providing the cellphone is an issue and thats the part I agree with. Also agree that Goodell did not overstep his authority. I do think he has too much power. Always have.

Edit: Also I am not a Brady fan personally. I support the Pats to some degree, but he is a douche.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd actually have to read the opinion to do that. And we know you're not going to do that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their ruling was based entirely on whether or not Goodell gave Brady the required fairness under their own agreed to rules, however they also did comment that there was compelling evidence that the balls were tampered with and he knew about it. They also commented about how damning it was that he destroyed evidence.

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. They both made a formal ruling that did not consider the actual evidence, and made comments about that evidence. It was clear they do not agree with the Brady apologists.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they did. What the majority (i.e. the two Giants fans on the panel) found was that Goodell could take the Wells Report AND evidence adduced at the hearing and reach a conclusion that was more severe than the Wells' Reports "more probable than not". But that's mainly because anything short of declaring that Brady had to become Goodell's butler was basically agreed to powerwise in the CBA.

"It was clear at the March 3 hearing at 40 Foley Square that Brady was in trouble with 2 of the 3 judges. Barrington Parker Jr and Denny Chin, relentlessly attacked NFLPA attorney Jeffrey Kessler. Bradys' decision to destroy his cell phone turned out to be a very bad idea......

Parker on Brady destroying his cell phone - "With all due respect to Mr. Brady, his explanation made no sense whatsoever".

Chin on Brady deflating footballs - "Evidence of ball tampering is compelling, if not overwhelming. How do we second guess the 4 game suspension".

- Gary Myers, NY Daily News

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their ruling was based entirely on whether or not Goodell gave Brady the required fairness under their own agreed to rules, however they also did comment that there was compelling evidence that the balls were tampered with and he knew about it. They also commented about how damning it was that he destroyed evidence.

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. They both made a formal ruling that did not consider the actual evidence, and made comments about that evidence. It was clear they do not agree with the Brady apologists.

Whats the compelling evidence? Thats what noone is actually saying. It sounds like it is just the judges opinion that they think Brady is lying.

Can someone please share this compelling evidence? It would make the story a whole lot clearer.