• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a legal standpoint, which I doubt anyone here gives too much of a rat's ass about, Brady and the NFLPA (which is undoubtedly fronting most if not all of the legal fees on that side of the caption, as opposed to Brady personally) could ask the Second Circuit for a stay, pending review by the entire Second Circuit (en banc review) and/or ask the Supreme Court for the same, pending a request for review, but both are highly unlikely. I'll give it 1000/1 odds against a stay, and about 500/1 odds of the decision being overturned at some point by one or the other. To put it frankly (sorry, Pats fans, if I represented Brady I would tell him the same thing), the Second Circuit's opinion was compelling and legally sound; the District Court for New York's opinion was less than impressive... again from a purely legal standpoint on the issues involved here. I'd probably literally fall out of my chair in shock if any further stay is granted. I've done a decent amount of appellate work in my time, but certainly not a ton, so take this for what it's worth.
Yeah, they said it's not likely after this came out. Doesn't mean he's not going to try and it will say a lot about him when/if he does.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they said it's not likely after this came out.
If anyone tries to tell you otherwise, remember that it's either Peter King, or "pathetic Hammer profiting," or whatever it was called before. :heh:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 pages already.. By the beginning of the season this will probably be over 1,000.. make that 10,000.. Hammer has out done himself again :clap:

Last edited:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Comparing what Rice did, Ngata did, and even the Broncos violating the salary cap doesn't compare to over a decade of cheating that starts with Robert Craft paying people off.

That's true. Cheating is cheating, but the Patriots' cheating was about a million times worse than what any other team's been caught doing (at least teams who have won Super Bowls). Teams have been caught cheating the cap, using PEDs and so on, but Belichick would literally send people in NFL-Films outfits to get info' on the other team. It was cheating on a conspiratorial, organizational level (not to diminish the individual cheating).

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Tom Brady

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panic on the streets of Foxborough!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. Cheating is cheating, but the Patriots' cheating was about a million times worse than what any other team's been caught doing (at least teams who have won Super Bowls). Teams have been caught cheating the cap, using PEDs and so on, but Belichick would literally send people in NFL-Films outfits to get info' on the other team. It was cheating on a conspiratorial, organizational level (not to diminish the individual cheating).
Really? Did they wear tinfoil hats and hangout on a grassy knoll when not dressed up in NFL Film outfits?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Really? Did they wear tinfoil hats and hangout on a grassy knoll when not dressed up in NFL Film outfits?

Tin-foil hats are for people who believe in things that don't actually happen. The years upon years of deliberate, repeated, continual cheating by Belichick actually happened. He did it with impunity. That's why he's a disgrace & should be Pete-Rosed from the NFL permanently.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tin-foil hats are for people who believe in things that don't actually happen. The years upon years of deliberate, repeated, continual cheating by Belichick actually happened. He did it with impunity. That's why he's a disgrace & should be Pete-Rosed from the NFL permanently.
You're on a roll keep going. Tell us how you really feel. When you get tired of bashing BB why not start on Jerry Rice? I guess by his own admission oops, his cheating was more like a little white lie. I get it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're on a roll keep going. Tell us how you really feel. When you get tired of bashing BB why not start on Jerry Rice?

I did bash Jerry Rice. In this thread nonetheless.

But anything to deflect against the Patriots being cheaters I guess. Have the objectivity to call a spade a spade.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Robert Kraft pays every damn cent.

I might have also mentioned that I hope he faces indictment in United Stated federal court before he has to face Myra in the big Foxborough in the sky.

hahaha he'll be facing Myra before the Federal Court

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a legal standpoint, which I doubt anyone here gives too much of a rat's ass about, Brady and the NFLPA (which is undoubtedly fronting most if not all of the legal fees on that side of the caption, as opposed to Brady personally) could ask the Second Circuit for a stay, pending review by the entire Second Circuit (en banc review) and/or ask the Supreme Court for the same, pending a request for review, but both are highly unlikely. I'll give it 1000/1 odds against a stay, and about 500/1 odds of the decision being overturned at some point by one or the other. To put it frankly (sorry, Pats fans, if I represented Brady I would tell him the same thing), the Second Circuit's opinion was compelling and legally sound; the District Court for New York's opinion was less than impressive... again from a purely legal standpoint on the issues involved here. I'd probably literally fall out of my chair in shock if any further stay is granted. I've done a decent amount of appellate work in my time, but certainly not a ton, so take this for what it's worth.

most likely scenario by far ... but IF hell gets a chill, it'll be because the 2nd circuit decision was 2 to 1 with the chief dissenting and with all agreeing Goodell's decision was extreme and unprecedented ... the SCOTUS may see it as an abuse of industrial law and agree to a hearing ... how's that for homerism?

... back to reality, a stay would work against Brady bringing a half-assed defamation suit in the Mass. Court which would be about the only thing he could do to patch his People-Magazine "legacy" ... whatever the fugg that is ...