• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"“He plans to exhaust all of his options to continue this battle with the league and win his innocence,” Howe reported. “arring an unforeseen dose of advice from his legal team that causes a drastic about-face, Brady has no intention to quit.”"

His lawyers will win this for him even if it takes every penny he's got!
Kraft has bottomless pockets. He's druish, afterall.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as a physicist can tell that that there is no other scientific explanation for the pressure changes that occurred with the Pats balls other than air being let out by someone or the data being falsified. You can take any 4 of the Pats balls and put them against the 4 of the Colts balls and find a significantly larger pressure change with the Pats balls. This is if you assume that the Colts went in with the maximum pressure and the pats with the minimum. And that assumption is designed to give the Pats the maximum benefit of the doubt. I could quickly do the math again but you really should just take my word for it. ( got a feeling you won't)

You really either have to believe the data was fabricated or that air was let out from the balls.
Which data, which set of gauges, which set of measurements? You have to compare known samples. Never mind ESPN has you.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Federal judges rule that the evidence is "overwhelming" that Brady cheated and "undeniable" that he destroyed evidence in an effort to protect himself.

Pats fans demand that Brady appeals to the Unites States Supreme Court (after having called these proceedings "legal bullshit" for the last six months).

You can't make this shit up. :L

I would have been willing to believe just about any BS story they could come up with, right until the point where they said that they called the guy "the deflator" because he had lost a lot of weight.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should make you cream your pants @HammerDown (more material for you at least)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's posting, so we must assume he got a job today. Maybe Brady hired him as part of his defense team.

Just because Rock is the only Pats fan I know who admits the obvious (that Brady cheated and lied about it) doesn't qualify him to be part of Brady's defense team.

However, he does have some really good gank. That's gotta count for something.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should make you cream your pants @HammerDown (more material for you at least)

I hope Robert Kraft pays every damn cent.

I might have also mentioned that I hope he faces indictment in United Stated federal court before he has to face Myra in the big Foxborough in the sky.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've read today from various experts makes it sound like Brady would have an extremely slim chance of even having another court hear the case again. And even less of a chance of having the SCOTUS hear it if he wanted to take it that far. That doesn't mean he can't or won't try but his odds of success aren't good.
If Brady doesn't let it go it's simply to try again to delay the inevitable even longer and everyone knows it. He'll be 39 before the start of the season. If he can delay this just a bit longer he might retire before serving any of it. This is what these guys do. No honor. Try to cheat the system for every last drop.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number of Super Bowls that weren't achieved without cheating (to our knowledge) is getting lower and lower.

3 of the 49ers' 5 Super Bowls: Rice was cheating
All 4 of the Pats' SBs: Everyone was cheating
Seattle: lots of PED busts (and Sherman getting off on a technicality, although we know 100% he was cheating)
Ravens: Ngata on PEDs

...And so on.
Comparing what Rice did, Ngata did, and even the Broncos violating the salary cap doesn't compare to over a decade of cheating that starts with Robert Craft paying people off. Giving Hernandez a contract and yes the Florida Gators should have been punished as well. You know "the Patriot way " which includes Spygate and Deflategate. Nothing in the NFL compares to what the Patriots have been doing for years. A few Patriot fans maybe can admit without cheating B.B. is an average coach at best and Brady is an above QB at best. Man did he look terrible against the Broncos. Then again when you have Patriot fans chanting "free Hernandez" that sure tells all. Win at all costs. I just hope any of these Patriots fans don't teach there children the same thing. I pray for them. Hammerdown is as intelligent as they come and understands how the Patriots as an organization are nothing more then frauds. Peace.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how real life works guys . the contract gave goodel the right to do this . no court will overturn this so appeal all you want .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Rock is the only Pats fan I know who admits the obvious (that Brady cheated and lied about it) doesn't qualify him to be part of Brady's defense team.

However, he does have some really good gank. That's gotta count for something.
Hey whatever you two do in Rocks bed should be kept between the two of you, no need to talk about your love in public.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how real life works guys . the contract gave goodel the right to do this . no court will overturn this so appeal all you want .

I don't know about that. I just don't think the SCOTUS wants to waste any time over a guy who got more than anybody could ever hope for with the CBA that the NFL players union signed.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is completely wrong. The NFL is in a much stronger position now after the recent ruling than had this case never saw the light of day. Now the NFLPA is backed into a corner if they want to negotiate that Goodell should be stripped of this power which has been affirmed by the second circuit. The NFLPA will have to make major concessions in the next CBA in order for the NFL to give up this power.

WHEN is the next CBA coming up for renegotiation?

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their strategy is changing.

Now, instead of denying everything they play the circular bullshit game of "where's the evidence?" and then when you explain it to them they attack that.

Just like OJ's dream team did.

And it worked.

They're not dumb. Just stupid.

I don't think ANY "gloves" re involved here, though. :dhd:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fuhrer has spoken..... Tom Brady is lucky he didn't lose his head.... Now lock him up and give him hard labor until the 4th week has passed.... Seize him!

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady doesn't let it go it's simply to try again to delay the inevitable even longer and everyone knows it. He'll be 39 before the start of the season. If he can delay this just a bit longer he might retire before serving any of it. This is what these guys do. No honor. Try to cheat the system for every last drop.

From a legal standpoint, which I doubt anyone here gives too much of a rat's ass about, Brady and the NFLPA (which is undoubtedly fronting most if not all of the legal fees on that side of the caption, as opposed to Brady personally) could ask the Second Circuit for a stay, pending review by the entire Second Circuit (en banc review) and/or ask the Supreme Court for the same, pending a request for review, but both are highly unlikely. I'll give it 1000/1 odds against a stay, and about 500/1 odds of the decision being overturned at some point by one or the other. To put it frankly (sorry, Pats fans, if I represented Brady I would tell him the same thing), the Second Circuit's opinion was compelling and legally sound; the District Court for New York's opinion was less than impressive... again from a purely legal standpoint on the issues involved here. I'd probably literally fall out of my chair in shock if any further stay is granted. I've done a decent amount of appellate work in my time, but certainly not a ton, so take this for what it's worth.