• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So resident legal "experts", will Tom serve 4 games this time? or will this be snuffed out again?

I'm no "expert" by any legal stretch mind you...but I think Tommy's only out and recourse at this point is to just plead insanity.

:heh:

Last edited:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about it, this might lead to Goodell not only avoiding boos at the draft on Thursday, he might actually get cheered.

Weird, but I could totally see Rodger coming out to cheers and chants of "Brady sucks! Brady sucks!"

Chicago is not that far away and am sure could rally some Packer fans who will be there

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray for all:rolleyes2:

So instead of just admitting to this whole stupid fiasco (which is what he should have done from the start) and putting it behind him. Brady is going to take the Lance Armstrong route and drag it out even longer and eventually tarnish his image even more. Whoever is giving Tom advice should be fired. If he'd just said "Oops, didn't know that was a big deal" almost two years ago all he'd have done is paid a fine. Hell, I bet if he did a mea culpa right now he could even see some of the suspended games reduced. We all remember Lance Armstrong throwing every single person under the bus who challenged him and then how that all worked out in the end. This deflategate thing reminds me a lot of that.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of just admitting to this whole stupid fiasco (which is what he should have done from the start) and putting it behind him. Brady is going to take the Pete Rose route and drag it out even longer and eventually tarnish his image even more. Whoever is giving Tom advice should be fired. If he'd just said "Oops, didn't know that was a big deal" almost two years ago all he'd have done is paid a fine. Hell, I bet if he did a mea culpa right now he could even see some of the suspended games reduced. We all remember Pete Rose throwing every single person under the bus who challenged him, plus how he killed Giamanti from stress and then how that all worked out in the end. This deflategate thing reminds me a lot of that.

fify

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unwashed masses are foaming at the mouth. Lock the kids in the bathroom and let's defend Brady dammit!
They will appeal. A court will hear it or force arbitration. Its agreed by most judges that have heard this that 4 games is way too much.

Hi cereal!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though all Brady can do is forestall the inevitable by trying to appeal, I don't see him admitting defeat. So we will be stuck with another year of this if Brady decides pursue a rehearing before the full Second Circuit.

It really doesn't matter if Brady plays week one or not. The Patriots aren't winning week one in Arizona.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of just admitting to this whole stupid fiasco (which is what he should have done from the start) and putting it behind him. Brady is going to take the Lance Armstrong route and drag it out even longer and eventually tarnish his image even more. Whoever is giving Tom advice should be fired. If he'd just said "Oops, didn't know that was a big deal" almost two years ago all he'd have done is paid a fine. Hell, I bet if he did a mea culpa right now he could even see some of the suspended games reduced. We all remember Lance Armstrong throwing every single person under the bus who challenged him and then how that all worked out in the end. This deflategate thing reminds me a lot of that.
It was never ever going to be an equipment fine. Goodell wants blood. So do some owners.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was that name of Brady's attorney? Wasnt he some guy who had never lost to the NFL in the past or did I hear that wrong?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never ever going to be an equipment fine. Goodell wants blood. So do some owners.

I dunno. Seems like part of the penalty resulted from the alleged cover-up and destroying of evidence. In Goodell's mind he probably thought it was giving the league a black eye.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

We emailed briefly about it. Im not gonna lose sleep over it. 3-1 under jimmy, brady comes back and leads them to a 5th title.
Shit, 2-2 would be ok.

actually 4-0 under jimmy. 4-8 under brady and miss the playoffs

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you forget that the Patriots and Tom Brady will be pissed at the NFL and blow out teams now like last year. Oh wait nevermind. Go Broncos!!!!

They were looking pretty formidable for much of the season if I recall correctly.

We all know the teams healthiest at the end have the best chance and in this case it didn't happen for the Patriots.
Part of the game.

Even then none of the games in Denver were a blow out by any means. Certainly the regular season game could have gone either way. And even the championship was far from a lock even when Brady was literally pummeled for most of the game.

I'm sure Osweiller will be must better with another year under his belt. Oh wait. Kapernick will fill in nicely.. umm wait.

Sanchez is.. is.. a coach killer.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were looking pretty formidable for much of the season if I recall correctly.

We all know the teams healthiest at the end have the best chance and in this case it didn't happen for the Patriots.
Part of the game.

Even then none of the games in Denver were a blow out by any means. Certainly the regular season game could have gone either way. And even the championship was far from a lock even when Brady was literally pummeled for most of the game.

I'm sure Osweiller will be must better with another year under his belt. Oh wait. Kapernick will fill in nicely.. umm wait.

Sanchez is.. is.. a coach killer.

Injury excuse. Never fails. No blame on Brady. How many times did he miss James White? How many deep throws did Brady complete? Typical Patriots fan. "Free Hernandez" "Everyone is doing it" Isn't that right? Go Broncos!!!! Defending Super Bowl Champs.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury excuse. Never fails. No blame on Brady. How many times did he miss James White? How many deep throws did Brady complete? Typical Patriots fan. "Free Hernandez" "Everyone is doing it" Isn't that right? Go Broncos!!!! Defending Super Bowl Champs.

The hate this "legal bullshit."

Then Brady appeals {again}

He's lauded as "courageous" and "brave."

Dude's a morherfuckin has-been, liar and cheat.