• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Frost is coming home

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he played under some real legends. I'm sure he got something from each of them.
Walsh, Osborne, Parcells, Belichick

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the ONLY UCF fan who i have seen on the internet who has half a brain and common sense! Congratulations on the year/season. Good luck in the Peach whomever coaches it! Welcome into the fold!

Why thank you! Haha. Yeah this has been a dream season and I can't be mad at the guy for leaving. It's his Alma Mater, he won a championship there, they had an opening and they wanted him so it's kinda was a perfect fit for him. Looks like a bunch of our strength and conditioning coaches will be heading to Nebraska also so you not only get Frost but you get some other guys along with him. Might mean a downturn for UCF next year but if we're being honest, that's how the Knights play football. We win a bunch of games, a Power 5 conference takes our coach and we start heading downhill again til the next big thing takes the reigns.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as how much love Frost has for UCF and that entire community down there, I will forever watch and pull for their success.

Sorry we had to take your guy away form you, but here’s to hoping that he set up that program for some amazing years moving forward! :suds:

Someone was gonna take him from us, I'm just glad it was somewhere that was a good fit for the program and for Coach Frost himself.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why thank you! Haha. Yeah this has been a dream season and I can't be mad at the guy for leaving. It's his Alma Mater, he won a championship there, they had an opening and they wanted him so it's kinda was a perfect fit for him. Looks like a bunch of our strength and conditioning coaches will be heading to Nebraska also so you not only get Frost but you get some other guys along with him. Might mean a downturn for UCF next year but if we're being honest, that's how the Knights play football. We win a bunch of games, a Power 5 conference takes our coach and we start heading downhill again til the next big thing takes the reigns.
I am excited they have already hit the recruiting trail and hitting it hard! It was really the perfect storm of events and puzzle pieces all landing perfectly. Top to bottom the program feels "right" everything feels right.

Ill be interested to see who UCF hires. Looks like UCF is a backup to Sumlin if Taggart doesnt leave Oregon, its hard to be jaded by being 2nd choice when you are a G5 school and perceived stepping stone. I am sure a lot of OC's are beating down the door, but it isnt a rebuild there it is a "get the right guy" situation. You need someone who can and will utilize the guys on the roster and keep the train rolling down the tracks. A big name would be helpful but i dont think it is an absolute must.

I was banned from UCF rivals forums for just being there, they just dont want to see husker fans at all, they are in need of a pallet of ultra-strength Preparation H. I literally had only been making constructive comments and not being an ass since they cant handle it. Oh well. I have been rooting for UCF since well before the season started.

It is refreshing to have a conversation with a UCF fan who can understand reality.

Is there any news on your end regarding Scott and the Peach Bowl? I notice a lot of fans over there dont want him because of hurt feelings, but do you really think UCF can win without the guy who has been calling plays the past 2 years? Any idea how the players feel about it yet?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually going into the game last week against South Florida, Defensively UCF was giving up less than 390 yards a game and was ranked 2nd in the conference.

Pretty incredible considering Frost runs such a high octane up-tempo offense which usually results in more time spent on the field for the Defense.

Pretty easy to take a snap shot of this one week and say the Defense is bad, but earlier this season UCF pounded that same Memphis team and held them to 13 points.

I think UCF was 95th in total D rankings in 2017.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited they have already hit the recruiting trail and hitting it hard! It was really the perfect storm of events and puzzle pieces all landing perfectly. Top to bottom the program feels "right" everything feels right.

Ill be interested to see who UCF hires. Looks like UCF is a backup to Sumlin if Taggart doesnt leave Oregon, its hard to be jaded by being 2nd choice when you are a G5 school and perceived stepping stone. I am sure a lot of OC's are beating down the door, but it isnt a rebuild there it is a "get the right guy" situation. You need someone who can and will utilize the guys on the roster and keep the train rolling down the tracks. A big name would be helpful but i dont think it is an absolute must.

I was banned from UCF rivals forums for just being there, they just dont want to see husker fans at all, they are in need of a pallet of ultra-strength Preparation H. I literally had only been making constructive comments and not being an ass since they cant handle it. Oh well. I have been rooting for UCF since well before the season started.

It is refreshing to have a conversation with a UCF fan who can understand reality.

Is there any news on your end regarding Scott and the Peach Bowl? I notice a lot of fans over there dont want him because of hurt feelings, but do you really think UCF can win without the guy who has been calling plays the past 2 years? Any idea how the players feel about it yet?

Last I heard he is looking forward to coaching UCF in the Peach Bowl. He said he plans to coach and he may also get some recruiting in while he's there for Nebraska, which is can legally do. So he's multi-tasking for UCF and Nebraska haha.

I can kinda see why UCF fans are upset but let's be realistic here. Scott Frost took a winless team to being the only undefeated team in the country in just 2 years! Noone, literally no one in the history of College Football has done that. And if you're a real college football fan, the writing was on the wall once we became ranked the first time. Once we started beating teams by 20-30 points and scoring 50-60 points a game, it was a give in that teams who were gonna be looking for a coach would look his way. 6 out of the last 8 games, our offense has scored 45 points or more and in 3 of the those games, we scored over 60 points. So UCF fans can't be surprised that this happened. Until UCF is in a power 5 conference, we will be a stepping stone school. I am fine with that, to be honest. Because we have been very successful over the last 8-10 years with O'Leary and now with Frost. If every 2 years we finish ranked and we get into a NY6 bowl game, I'm fine with that.

As far as our coaching options, I think Sumlin is our best bet, unless we promote from within and grab our current OC Troy Walters (if he doesn't go with Frost). He's been a WR coach since 2009 til he was promoted to OC this year. Another name I've heard is Will Healy, the coach for Austin Peay in the FCS. He had the #1 recruiting class in the FCS this year and he took an 0-11 team to 8-4 this year. But I think Sumlin is first on their list right now.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah our defense sucked big time. I'm hoping the Knights make some changes or get a defensive minded head coach. We were tied for 93rd with Cincinnati in total defense. Texas A&M wasn't THAT much better at 59th but that's 40 less yards per game given up and that could make a difference throughout the year. Only reason I compare A&M is because of Sumlin being the main candidate for the UCF job.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard he is looking forward to coaching UCF in the Peach Bowl. He said he plans to coach and he may also get some recruiting in while he's there for Nebraska, which is can legally do. So he's multi-tasking for UCF and Nebraska haha.

I can kinda see why UCF fans are upset but let's be realistic here. Scott Frost took a winless team to being the only undefeated team in the country in just 2 years! Noone, literally no one in the history of College Football has done that. And if you're a real college football fan, the writing was on the wall once we became ranked the first time. Once we started beating teams by 20-30 points and scoring 50-60 points a game, it was a give in that teams who were gonna be looking for a coach would look his way. 6 out of the last 8 games, our offense has scored 45 points or more and in 3 of the those games, we scored over 60 points. So UCF fans can't be surprised that this happened. Until UCF is in a power 5 conference, we will be a stepping stone school. I am fine with that, to be honest. Because we have been very successful over the last 8-10 years with O'Leary and now with Frost. If every 2 years we finish ranked and we get into a NY6 bowl game, I'm fine with that.

As far as our coaching options, I think Sumlin is our best bet, unless we promote from within and grab our current OC Troy Walters (if he doesn't go with Frost). He's been a WR coach since 2009 til he was promoted to OC this year. Another name I've heard is Will Healy, the coach for Austin Peay in the FCS. He had the #1 recruiting class in the FCS this year and he took an 0-11 team to 8-4 this year. But I think Sumlin is first on their list right now.
Yeah i remember hearing rumblings about the Austin Peay guy, he might be ready to move to the FBS and what better way than to take a team already rock'n and roll'n.

Will be very interesting to watch. The Husker in me hopes that Danny White says nah. But for the players at UCF i hope he gets to coach the Peach, he owes them that much, finish this season the right way and i think he is UCF's best chance to get to 13-0 with a win over Auburn. Win this Peach without frost and i think respect will be gained going into next year should the momentum continue. Such an exciting time to be a fan of College Football!

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah our defense sucked big time. I'm hoping the Knights make some changes or get a defensive minded head coach. We were tied for 93rd with Cincinnati in total defense. Texas A&M wasn't THAT much better at 59th but that's 40 less yards per game given up and that could make a difference throughout the year. Only reason I compare A&M is because of Sumlin being the main candidate for the UCF job.
How many underclassmen played on D this year though? Was Chin just getting his guys in the system for how he wanted it? What was the biggest change from GOL's Defense to 2016,2017 defense?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I mean the last 2 games did a number on that. They were both shootouts. Memphis had 400 yards at halftime this past week.

Memphis has put up huge Offensive stats against everyone they’ve played this year, with the exception of one week.....and that was the first time they played UCF when UCF held them to just 13 points.

Like I said though, usually the fastest paced Offense isn’t accompanied by the most stout Defense. It just doesn’t work that way

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many underclassmen played on D this year though? Was Chin just getting his guys in the system for how he wanted it? What was the biggest change from GOL's Defense to 2016,2017 defense?

We have 14 freshman and 3 sophomores that played this year on defense. We had 11 freshman and 2 sophomores last year, and we also lost Shaquill Griffin to the draft who might of been the best defensive player we've had in quite some time. I'm not sure what the real difference was but I think the AAC is kinda gonna be like a Pac-12/Big 12 conferece where defense really doesn't mean anything as long as you can put 100 points on the board haha

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted ol' Frosty 3 years ago instead of Nice Mike. But letting him get a little experience before coming here was probably better for all in the long run. I'm just glad it's finally official.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This keeps coming to mind every time I think about the Frost hire and the rest of the B1G

giphy.gif

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska: Scott Frost has announced the additions of the following assistant coaches to his staff (each coming from UCF); Greg Austin (OL), Erik Chinander (DC), Mike Dawson (DL), Jovan Dewitt (OLBs / STC), Travis Fisher (DBs), Ryan Held (RBs), and Mario Verduzco (QBs).

Nebraska: Scott Frost’s buyout from Nebraska if terminated without cause is $5 million per year for each of the first five-years of his seven-year deal, and then $2.5 million per year thereafter, according to a tweet from Steve Berkowitz, who adds that Nebraska will cover the $3 million buyout Frost owes UCF.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska: Scott Frost’s memorandum of understanding outlines performance bonuses of up to $950,000 and includes two-year contracts for all assistants, per tweets from Parker Gabriel. The staff will receive bonuses of up to 15% of their salary for a conference title, and 25% for a College Football Playoff appearance, Gabriel adds.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska: Scott Frost has announced the additions of the following assistant coaches to his staff (each coming from UCF); Greg Austin (OL), Erik Chinander (DC), Mike Dawson (DL), Jovan Dewitt (OLBs / STC), Travis Fisher (DBs), Ryan Held (RBs), and Mario Verduzco (QBs).

Nebraska: Scott Frost’s buyout from Nebraska if terminated without cause is $5 million per year for each of the first five-years of his seven-year deal, and then $2.5 million per year thereafter, according to a tweet from Steve Berkowitz, who adds that Nebraska will cover the $3 million buyout Frost owes UCF.

No WR Coach on that list....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how everybody has stayed away from talk about platty’s and what they might have on them.

We shan’t curse Frost with that this early in his career.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Husker Hooplan does Joe from Phoenix match the most?

Maybe their most entertaining call ever. LOL
Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Segment 3 @ 9 minutes in.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct Podcasts