• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Frost is coming home

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Frost is all N.

You could tell it killed him to leave UCF and his players.
Oh he is, I dont remember which video i watched, but he said this isnt about money or reputation, this is personal something along those lines. You know he wants nebraska to succeed more than anything

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he leaves his D coordinator and other D coaches in Orlando.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Curious as to why....
I wouldn't use their last 2 games as a big measuring stick, they did play against a couple pretty prolific offenses. USF & Memphis.
The first time around with Memphis, UCF shut them down.

I am thankful that Diaco is gone..... We're ranked in or near the 100's in all the defensive categories. :gaah:

Nowhere to go but from where we're at defensively.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both USF and Memphis were top 10 offenses. Memphis was a rematch so they had plenty of tape to look at as to what didn't work the first time.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OC DC RB LB QB S&C are the coaches that are rumored to be coming with him, so far

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually going into the game last week against South Florida, Defensively UCF was giving up less than 390 yards a game and was ranked 2nd in the conference.

Pretty incredible considering Frost runs such a high octane up-tempo offense which usually results in more time spent on the field for the Defense.

Pretty easy to take a snap shot of this one week and say the Defense is bad, but earlier this season UCF pounded that same Memphis team and held them to 13 points.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of you guise wanted Frost 4 years ago and I thought Scott wasn't ready, but after all Riley's years in coaching we can safely say Mike was never ready for the Nebraska job. The thing that pissed me off the most is that we Husker fans were not considered when these so called Nebraska ADs hired their vision for Nebraska football. I came around this fall to thinking only a person with strong Husker ties could bring back the ways of hard work and pride in the Husker football program. I (We) finally have something to get excited about with Husker football. I hope to never read again "What is Nebraska's identity". Standing room only for the spring game. Here's to better recruiting and coaching. Thank you Mr.Moos
:suds:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of you guise wanted Frost 4 years ago and I thought Scott wasn't ready, but after all Riley's years in coaching we can safely say Mike was never ready for the Nebraska job. The thing that pissed me off the most is that we Husker fans were not considered when these so called Nebraska ADs hired their vision for Nebraska football. I came around this fall to thinking only a person with strong Husker ties could bring back the ways of hard work and pride in the Husker football program. I (We) finally have something to get excited about with Husker football. I hope to never read again "What is Nebraska's identity". Standing room only for the spring game. Here's to better recruiting and coaching. Thank you Mr.Moos
:suds:
I didnt want Scott 3 years ago, I liked him as a backup to a backup to a backup to a 4th choice. Everything the way it has played out you could almost say Eichorst was some Mad mastermind (of course that isnt the truth) The way he fired pole eeni hiring riley knowing he would fail purposefully losing his job all so scott could get some time in florida to develop as a HC and build recruiting ties, knowing the shit show of a coaching carousel it would be this year. MAD GENIUS of Course this was all Orchestrated by Pearlman forcing all of this onto Eichorst when he was hired to be an axeman and only that.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually going into the game last week against South Florida, Defensively UCF was giving up less than 390 yards a game and was ranked 2nd in the conference.

Pretty incredible considering Frost runs such a high octane up-tempo offense which usually results in more time spent on the field for the Defense.

Pretty easy to take a snap shot of this one week and say the Defense is bad, but earlier this season UCF pounded that same Memphis team and held them to 13 points.

This is one thing I am concerned with as well. Not sure if those two games changed their stats this much but their defense is porous (mostly because of offense tempo I am guessing). Rushing - 65th @ 165/game. Passing - 111th @ 263/game. Total - 91st @ 429/game. Points - 53rd @ 25.2/game. Points is pretty respectable but having lived through the Chip Kelly NFL experiment I dont care for up temp any longer. Not saying its bad strategy. Win is a Win no matter the score but Eagles D went from worst to top 10 in 2 seasons after Chip was fired.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one thing I am concerned with as well. Not sure if those two games changed their stats this much but their defense is porous (mostly because of offense tempo I am guessing). Rushing - 65th @ 165/game. Passing - 111th @ 263/game. Total - 91st @ 429/game. Points - 53rd @ 25.2/game. Points is pretty respectable but having lived through the Chip Kelly NFL experiment I dont care for up temp any longer. Not saying its bad strategy. Win is a Win no matter the score but Eagles D went from worst to top 10 in 2 seasons after Chip was fired.

Those two offenses made a big swing on UCF's defensive rankings. They weren't a 'great' defense prior, but they were better than average.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF Defensive Stats prior to and after (bolded) playing USF and Memphis.

Total Defense (51) (93)
Scoring Defense (27) (53)
Rushing Defense (54) (66)
Pass Eff Defense (15) (55)

Defensive TD's (15) (17)
1st Downs Defense (32) (76)
Fumbles Recovered (26) (14)
Passes Intercepted (8) (5)
Turnover Margin (1) (3)

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally had dreams about the press conference all night last night

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to say that, as a UCF fan, I am truly grateful for what Coach Frost did for the program. from 0-12 to 12-0 in just 2 years is an amazing feat. As the season went on, around 8-0, 9-0, I knew Frost was gone. Didn't know where to, but I knew he was gone. The UCF fans that are mad don't understand how College Football works and what it means to coach in a Power 5 conference. The way Nebraska hired Coach Frost is how you're supposed to hire a coach. That's how you PROFESSIONALLY do shit! Coach Frost is the man, he's got a bright future at Nebraska and Nebraska has a bright future with Coach Frost. I'll always root for the Knights, but as long as Coach Frost is at Nebraska, consider me a Nebraska Football fan, not only for their prestige and not only for hiring Coach Frost, but for the professional and proper way they handled this hiring.

giphy.gif

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to say that, as a UCF fan, I am truly grateful for what Coach Frost did for the program. from 0-12 to 12-0 in just 2 years is an amazing feat. As the season went on, around 8-0, 9-0, I knew Frost was gone. Didn't know where to, but I knew he was gone. The UCF fans that are mad don't understand how College Football works and what it means to coach in a Power 5 conference. The way Nebraska hired Coach Frost is how you're supposed to hire a coach. That's how you PROFESSIONALLY do shit! Coach Frost is the man, he's got a bright future at Nebraska and Nebraska has a bright future with Coach Frost. I'll always root for the Knights, but as long as Coach Frost is at Nebraska, consider me a Nebraska Football fan, not only for their prestige and not only for hiring Coach Frost, but for the professional and proper way they handled this hiring.

giphy.gif
You are the ONLY UCF fan who i have seen on the internet who has half a brain and common sense! Congratulations on the year/season. Good luck in the Peach whomever coaches it! Welcome into the fold!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Seeing as how much love Frost has for UCF and that entire community down there, I will forever watch and pull for their success.

Sorry we had to take your guy away form you, but here’s to hoping that he set up that program for some amazing years moving forward! :suds:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poor bastard

how long before he is run out of town too?