• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Eagles News....

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's due to he didn't have a QB that could executed his O, and instead he turned the ball over many times. You make some valid points, but I think Chip solves the secondary issues in FA, and gets his QB, and another top WR in the draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's due to he didn't have a QB that could executed his O, and instead he turned the ball over many times. You make some valid points, but I think Chip solves the secondary issues in FA, and gets his QB, and another top WR in the draft.

I'd like for him to get the most out of the talent that he does have. That's not too much to ask. And it was his own damn self that got rid of our deep threat for nothing. And gave Howie the OK on the starting CBs. And drafted 2 ducks that didn't contribute, a pac-12 safety that didn't contribute.

You are full of hope. If he's going to solve the secondary issues this year, then why didn't he last year? The secondary was the biggest problem last year, he barely addressed it, and the secondary was the biggest problem again this year (although I wouldn't argue with saying the turnovers were the biggest problem and a lot of turnovers and penalties is a sign of poor coaching anyway). He's gonna draft another top receiver in the draft (after giving up a bunch of picks for Mariotta) after he drafted two WRs and signed two WRs last year? Just how many resources does this guy have to spend on his offense to make it work? If he needs talent that anyone can succeed with to succeed, then how is he a special coach or how is this a special system?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that he did address the DBs this past season with Jenkins and Carroll. Anyway, how did we know if Howie wanted him to cut DJAX due to the $$ paying for him, coupled with the fact that DJAX didn't buy-in to the program. These are things we don't know. Yes, I am full of hope, and I do lok a things through rose colored glasses. I am a hopeless fan of the Eagles, and I do love Chip Kelly. I am not as analytic as you are. Nothing wrong with that. We just disagree. I am willing to give Chip all the resources he needs, as he inherited a mess 2 years ago, and is still making changes. If it doesn't work out, then we move on. That's all.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people just talk out their asses! First off the Eagles were #3 in the entire NFL in scoring! They also averaged 2 points a game more this year than last year. Our offense is one of the best in the NFL! Even with Dirty Sanchez at QB. This is why you don't trade the farm for Mariota but instead Build the Shit out of that Defense through free agency and the draft! We make our defense top 10 and we will be winning playoff games! FACT!

Thank you very much.....I don't know WTF is wrong with some people. To even suggest the Eagles offense was mediocre is just moronic.

And Enut......I don't have Chip Kelly Rose colored glasses on. I did not want the Eagles to make him the coach and was vocal about it. I thought his offense was gimmicky and would not make it here and he has proven me wrong. Is he going to win a Superbowl I do not know but your favorite was here 14 years and did not do it.

The Eagles lost 3 games that a decent secondary would have prevented. We would not have lost to Dallas the second time and on top of that we actually managed to come back to take the lead but then Fletcher happened again. The NFC is actually pretty strong this year and more than likely will have the SB winner coming out of it.

I will beat this dead horse into the ground. The Eagles were an average secondary away from playing for home field advantage.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive issues are because of the QB & OL.

Redzone, turnovers & poor run game early can all be traced back to those spots.

Gotta fix those issues + DBs & ILB.

Or we could just whine about Jackass getting cut for the next 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that he did address the DBs this past season with Jenkins and Carroll. Anyway, how did we know if Howie wanted him to cut DJAX due to the $$ paying for him, coupled with the fact that DJAX didn't buy-in to the program. These are things we don't know. Yes, I am full of hope, and I do lok a things through rose colored glasses. I am a hopeless fan of the Eagles, and I do love Chip Kelly. I am not as analytic as you are. Nothing wrong with that. We just disagree. I am willing to give Chip all the resources he needs, as he inherited a mess 2 years ago, and is still making changes. If it doesn't work out, then we move on. That's all.

Chip inherited one of the best RBs in football and his offense is a running offense. He inherited one of the best LTs in football. He inherited a beastly Dlinemen and a full barn of pass catchers. This cupboard was far from bare.

If we are to eventually move on (unhappily) I agree that this will likely hasten it and allow us to move on sooner. I'm not all against Chip having all the power, I'm against assuming it's a good idea. The facts simply do not support it.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good offense, but it's not elite. Injuries and the suspension to Lane Johnson muddied the offensive line for a while. Turnovers and RZ issues were critical. While I like what Chip is doing a lot, of course there's a things for him to work on. Situational football is vital -- one example is the 3rd and goal on the SF goal line, inches away from the EZ and Chip stays in his tradition shotgun offense. We were literally inches away from the goal line - you got to get out of your base look in that situation. We had a 6'6 245lb QB at the time, we should've easily been able to sneak that in. Also, our secondary was horrendous, but that's pretty obvious.

Like I said, I like what Chip is doing, but he's got some work to do as well and that is completely okay for a 2nd year coach making his first ever transition into the NFL. Some are expecting a SB too quickly, give Chip some time and the power. Let's see what he can do. Pete Carroll took 4 years to build that great team, and that should be considered quick. I'm excited to see what we do this off-season and then into the regular season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will beat this dead horse into the ground. The Eagles were an average secondary away from playing for home field advantage.

A secondary crafted by Chip Kelly's input on what he wants in his cornerbacks. He has been very clear about how that process worked when he first got here. He was also very clear in telling everyone after every game in which Fletcher sucked, that our own eyes were seeing bullshit and that Fletcher was doing what they were asking of him.

All attempts to completely absolve Chip of the failure by his team once they got to 9-3, is rose-colored glasses bullshit. Even Chip would tell you to STFU and pay attention.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting reading all these things. Yes we have red zone issues but I think that is much more a scheme issue than anything. They have to start using the Tight End much more in the red zone and down by the goal line Chip needs to get creative and use a fullback (hell put in Fletcher Cox to block there) Maybe go jumbo and use extra offensive lineman.

The most glaring need on this team is the defensive secondary. If I could point to one play that cost us our season was Nate Allen biting on the double move in Arizona, We were winning that game with less than 2 minutes on the clock the only way Zona could win that game was score a TD. They had 80 freakin yards to go and Nate Fuckin Allen is biting on double moves.

Fix the secondary get more depth on the offensive line and lets go to war with Nick Foles at QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could just whine about Jackass getting cut for the next 5 years.

It could hurt us for longer than that. Especially when the next coach comes in and could really use a veteran field stretcher with sick hands and a knack for getting absolutely wide open and scoring from deep all year long.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Situational football is vital -- one example is the 3rd and goal on the SF goal line, inches away from the EZ and Chip stays in his tradition shotgun offense. We were literally inches away from the goal line - you got to get out of your base look in that situation. We had a 6'6 245lb QB at the time, we should've easily been able to sneak that in.

Chip may be too arrogant to adapt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting reading all these things. Yes we have red zone issues but I think that is much more a scheme issue than anything.

Good call. Oregon/Mariotta have the same problem.

Fix the secondary get more depth on the offensive line and lets go to war with Nick Foles at QB.

I hope Chip sees it that way. His comments about Russell Wilson make me have some doubt.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could hurt us for longer than that. Especially when the next coach comes in and could really use a veteran field stretcher with sick hands and a knack for getting absolutely wide open and scoring from deep all year long.

You crack me up dude. :pound: