• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Commence defcon 5 meltdown mode.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately this doesn't work in todays world. Look at the Ohio State president who got fired, they didn't look at his entire body of work.

Best of luck to you guys today. This is an extremely shitty situation for your coach, I feel bad for him.

That involved NCAA sanctions too. This doesn't. The decision is completely internal.

My guess would be since it is two years old, was known of and he has apologized he will be on shaky ground the rest this year. IF the status quo is as now at the end of the year I would see him gone.

If he is competing and keeps a good temperament he stays.

At least that is how I hoope it will be handled. There was a poll going last night and last I saw it was like 45% he should not be fired, 42% he should. So it is basically split. No matter what they do there will be unhappy fans so hopefully they do what is right.

As for recruiting this is nothing new. His temperament was well documented before this. Nothing has changed.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as to the poll. That makes things so much more complicated. You are right, for those who want him gone, they probably wanted him gone before this leak and this just adds more fuel to the fire for them and they will continue to use this against him for as long as he is there (or at least until he wins a title) And those who want him to stay if he gets fired will be upset if he is gone.

IMO, the easier fanbase to please out of this is getting rid of him. Because you can heal those hearts immediately with a good exciting hire and success on field. With those who want him gone, it is easier for that group to grow in numbers as the season goes on.

Unless Nebraska plans on hiring a coordinator as their HC mid season, the best solution is to publically say Bo stays, yet let everyone know backstage that Bo is gone after the season.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo can go kick rocks.. im so done with all of this, and him. Dont care when this was said, nor the legality of its release. Its time to move on for Nebraska

If ye fellas found out yourn wife was cheating because you "hacked" her emails, thats nbd right? Cause you shouldnt have had access to her private email :L

The only way Huskers will be able to recruit kids is with a new coach

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo can go kick rocks.. im so done with all of this, and him. Dont care when this was said, nor the legality of its release. Its time to move on for Nebraska

If ye fellas found out yourn wife was cheating because you "hacked" her emails, thats nbd right? Cause you shouldnt have had access to her private email :L

How will Bo's yes-men run the program without him?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea, but if we want to salvage anything at all with recruiting, something needs to happen

I doubt there will be much effort put forth into recruiting by a bunch of guys who aren't sure they'll have a job in January anyway.

The only way to save that is for the new coach to fill a full time staff mid season. That's gonna be a tough move no matter who you are.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my main point is that there's no way Bo makes it to next season.. He won't be able to recruit anybody

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You misunderstood me.

Yeah I think the person that did this is a bitch but that's not why it is no big deal. You see I knew Pelini was an asshole before this and was okay with it then. This doesn't change anything.

So I guess your analogy would be more like 'you knew your wife was sleeping with other guys but didn't care, but somebody releases a video so now that it's out and being talked about you're all pissed off at her.'

Why get pissed off at him for being an asshole because it hits the papers when you already knew he was before.

As for canning him, I am damn tired of the blowouts and was saying he needed to go when you were still sucking on the Boteet. I still feel the same way. Start competing or get the hell out at the end of the season but make no mistake it's not because he's an asshole or somebody recorded him being an asshole. I could give a JJM shit about that. It's because we keep getting our ass kicked on national tv.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I just saw this today. In my opinion, I have no problem with what he said, it was in a private meeting and I agree with him. That being said, the University needs to decide today what actions they are going to take. If they are going to give him a pass or if they fire him, this cannot wait until the end of the season.

If the University does fire Bo, it needs to be done right away and you give the interm label to someone like Beck or (I hate to say it) Barney Cotton. You let Papuchis run the defense for once and maybe we might find out he can coach doing it HIS OWN WAY. After the season, you look for a "Qualified" head coach to turn this train-wreck around.

I feel it would be justifiable for Nebraska to fire a 9 -10 win coach and would not be looked at the same way as the Solich firing.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this phone conversation that DB had with Bo that he was referring to this morning?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HISL, my biggest concern about Bo is the blowouts, I also don't really care about the audio.. but it's out in the national media now and is just something else for everyone to laugh at Nebraska about

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HISL, my biggest concern about Bo is the blowouts, I also don't really care about the audio.. but it's out in the national media now and is just something else for everyone to laugh at Nebraska about

Meh, he's right. We whine a lot and they're laughing a lot more about that game Saturday then they are about this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any presser scheduled for this morning to discuss the situation?!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they fire him there isn't much to say, Perlman said he talked to Eichorst, Eichorst said he talked to Perlman and Pelini and that it was being dealt with and Pelini apologized.

They will now either ask him to resign, effective end of year, or they will be quiet and let it go away. I expect the latter.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is fired I will be shocked. Completely shocked.

Most of all it would just simply take some large balls at this point for a brand new random AD to make that decision. This isn't xbox 360 and it isn't exactly the University of Kansas or anything. We don't just make huge moves like that suddenly.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is fired I will be shocked. Completely shocked.

Most of all it would just simply take some large balls at this point for a brand new random AD to make that decision. This isn't xbox 360 and it isn't exactly the University of Kansas or anything. We don't just make huge moves like that suddenly.

He won't be fired mid season I will be shock if that happens

Now end of season that a different story but he gonna need a conference trophy or a miraculous turn around