• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Commence defcon 5 meltdown mode.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be someone very close personally to Bo, or someone that works for the AD like a tech that had let a mic on record, no way Bo wouldn't mutter any of this within earshot of any sleazy reporter. Only 2 or 3 people were around him when this went down. Who knows even if this shitbag tried to blackmail the AD or Bo with this stuff?
According to Deadspin, he was about to be interviewed. You hear someone approach the mic at the end and say "we're ready for you." I would say it was someone with the reporter doing the interview from that.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was taken out of context, said it oever in the CFB board. Even though I think Nebraska searching for a new HC would be entertaining and interesting, not in a bad way, literally it would be very interesting who they would attempt to get and who would end up there. I like Bo and think he is a good guy. A very emotional character, but nice guy. I remember for whatever reason reading this article back when Nebraska hired him that stated on the day of the national championship game or whatever with LSU, he attended his kids soccer game. Thought that was pretty cool.

And obviously, how he opened his program up to Jack. What a great story.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably true. I bet he knows who it was since there were so few people in the room. IMO, total bitch move by whoever did it as it was 2 years ago. Real bush league.

As the President saying what he said, if it did happen after office hours, why not wait to say anything until everyone has met yesterday. Feel like what he said, his comments made this thing take several turns. Wait until everyone has met then make your decision. But gotta make it quickly.

So if they meet at 10AM tomorrow, is there a chance that tomorrow afternoon Bo will not be the HC at Nebraska?

Million dollar question

I don't see them firing him mid season

This is a big decision, if you fire bo and get a good coach and we become top15 or elite all is well
Fire bo and as get a coach that does worse than bo then you have regrets

I don't think he should be fired for this, there are plenty of other reason on the field wise to can him for
If you do fire him you need a plan and list of top coaches to go for.

IMO They have a lengthy meeting and chances are he survives to end of season and a decision will be made then.

But Nebraska football program wise is slipping we won't be ranked until Michigan week and that if we win

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably true. I bet he knows who it was since there were so few people in the room. IMO, total bitch move by whoever did it as it was 2 years ago. Real bush league.

As the President saying what he said, if it did happen after office hours, why not wait to say anything until everyone has met yesterday. Feel like what he said, his comments made this thing take several turns. Wait until everyone has met then make your decision. But gotta make it quickly.

So if they meet at 10AM tomorrow, is there a chance that tomorrow afternoon Bo will not be the HC at Nebraska?

I'd say it's 50/50 at best Bo makes it to this weekend, the BMD's were already lighting up the AD, make no mistake this is real bad for Bo. Me, I think it's great Bo said that shit, the reporter deserved it, and the fans that left at halftime deserved to be called out. Protest a bunch of kids, sounds great

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Deadspin, he was about to be interviewed. You hear someone approach the mic at the end and say "we're ready for you." I would say it was someone with the reporter doing the interview from that.

The person you heard was the tech telling Bo they were ready for his radio gig he does following every game right after the presser

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game was it that he got completely reprimanded for his outburst? Was it the second VT game or the Texas AM game? Don't think Bo has ever been the same since the second VT game you guys played.

It was the ass to mouth game, that game stands alone for the worst officiated game I have ever watched, out of any team college or pro

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Million dollar question

I don't see them firing him mid season

This is a big decision, if you fire bo and get a good coach and we become top15 or elite all is well
Fire bo and as get a coach that does worse than bo then you have regrets

I don't think he should be fired for this, there are plenty of other reason on the field wise to can him for
If you do fire him you need a plan and list of top coaches to go for.

IMO They have a lengthy meeting and chances are he survives to end of season and a decision will be made then.

But Nebraska football program wise is slipping we won't be ranked until Michigan week and that if we win

I'd say it's 50/50 at best Bo makes it to this weekend, the BMD's were already lighting up the AD, make no mistake this is real bad for Bo. Me, I think it's great Bo said that shit, the reporter deserved it, and the fans that left at halftime deserved to be called out. Protest a bunch of kids, sounds great

It's the PR that is going to be terrible for Bo and the boosters, IMO, my guess is boosters were already getting sick of Bo and this give them the easy out and great fuel to get rid of him. Truly, I think Bo even though I stated before I like him, probably has topped out for you guys. 9, 10 win seasons are his max.

NOW, I also think Nebraska may be extremely hesitant to pull the trigger on a 9-10 win coach who is consistent with that given their history of firing a 9 win coach and then getting the worst coach in school history. So I don't think they can him unless they are pretty damn sure they can get a proven guy.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo doesn't make it next year as HC, if for no other reason than this scuzzy recording then that's bogus, yes we need a new coach, but not like this. This person that leaked this, more than likely born and raised in NE, just did more damage to our program than any one coach will or could ever do. They better pray his or her identity is never revealed

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo doesn't make it next year as HC, if for no other reason than this scuzzy recording then that's bogus, yes we need a new coach, but not like this. This person that leaked this, more than likely born and raised in NE, just did more damage to our program than any one coach will or could ever do. They better pray his or her identity is never revealed

unless of course you land a great hire and win the conference next year.

But I understand, sucks for the guy, because he doesn't deserve to go for this. everyone knows he is an emotional dude and this happens. Like I heard on twitter from sports writers, every coach thinks this and SAYS it, they just never get recorded. His livelihood and reputation could be ruined from this dick move. He's a good guy and doesn't deserve to go out like this.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless of course you land a great hire and win the conference next year.

But I understand, sucks for the guy, because he doesn't deserve to go for this. everyone knows he is an emotional dude and this happens. Like I heard on twitter from sports writers, every coach thinks this and SAYS it, they just never get recorded. His livelihood and reputation could be ruined from this dick move. He's a good guy and doesn't deserve to go out like this.

It's going to take years for our recruiting to recover, it's not like we're over here cherry picking these kids from the yard

That's the only reason I think Bo gets a pass till the end of the year

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would also leave plenty of time for the AD to slow play it and see who has interests before the flood gates open at the end of the year and 10 other schools are after a new HC and assistants at the same time

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take years for our recruiting to recover, it's not like we're over here cherry picking these kids from the yard

That's the only reason I think Bo gets a pass till the end of the year

from this? How would getting rid of him hurt recruiting? How would him staying hurt recruiting? Actually, I do see him staying hurting more so than if he left.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would also leave plenty of time for the AD to slow play it and see who has interests before the flood gates open at the end of the year and 10 other schools are after a new HC and assistants at the same time

barring some major turn of events, I see Nebraska as the 3rd best job opening this offseason. Behind Texas and USC.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from this? How would getting rid of him hurt recruiting? How would him staying hurt recruiting? Actually, I do see him staying hurting more so than if he left.

Kids aren't going to rush on over just cause we hired a new coach right away, unless it's a big time name we'll have to manage winning a game or two, big games, we get rid of him know and our verbals are running for the hill cept for the NE kids

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barring some major turn of events, I see Nebraska as the 3rd best job opening this offseason. Behind Texas and USC.

We're not even in the same park of what ut and usc can pull down for names. We'll see how it goes when we get there. Im out for the night

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids aren't going to rush on over just cause we hired a new coach right away, unless it's a big time name we'll have to manage winning a game or two, big games, we get rid of him know and our verbals are running for the hill cept for the NE kids

probably your verbals run regardless because of the uncertainety of if he stays or goes.

But id imagine Nebraska hires a coach who is into the spread which already you guys have in place. So, winning next year might not be a problem considering your return a lot of stars on offense.

Just takes one good year and you can get recruits again. This might be the only offseason where you hurt, but 1. it doesn't seem like your recruiting has been that great as of late and 2. You have so much returning next year do you really need that great of a class this year, just stack up next year assuming you have a decent season.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will make the decision once everything settles down

I think they should use bo body of work before this tape gate
And let that be the deciding factor

The tape is a shameful move

Most likely how the season plays out will determine bo fate
Bo can't afford 1-2 blowouts bc that will be three straight years of bad

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck said he had heard of the tape. From who and when? Chuck, I think you may have some tough questions to answer. Or should I call you.. THE TIPSTER.

Benning said the only ppl who knew of its existence were media. It very well could be a prominent media member. Leads me to ask how the fuck chuck knew about it. His bro is in media, so that might explain it. Ur bro come into a good amount of cash recently?

never heard of it from my brother

i heard about it a week ago when one of the guys in the house mentioned it

but its funny that you think i could be involved considering im the one that likes Bo AND thinks this whole situation is overblown

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be an interesting day.

I expect we'll have a press conference on this sometime today. Perlman has a speaking engagement early this afternoon.
The quicker the presser the better for Bo IMO. If they wait a couple days, that means they are organizing a move forward without him. Whether they have a qualified interim HC on staff. IMO they don't because Bo has surrounded himself with trainees.

It's really going to boil down to sentiment of whether Pelini has taken this program as far as he can. Eichorst has had opportunities to support Pelini and has opted not to comment.

The timing of this is just bad. You just don't go out and hire a permanent qualified HC, on the fly, from another school, mid-season. It's unethical and that's not what Nebraska is about.

You want a pool of candidates.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will make the decision once everything settles down

I think they should use bo body of work before this tape gate
And let that be the deciding factor

The tape is a shameful move

Most likely how the season plays out will determine bo fate
Bo can't afford 1-2 blowouts bc that will be three straight years of bad

unfortunately this doesn't work in todays world. Look at the Ohio State president who got fired, they didn't look at his entire body of work.

Best of luck to you guys today. This is an extremely shitty situation for your coach, I feel bad for him.