• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon must be chuckling to himself..

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might just be the first of many nagging injuries for Plax this year, 2 years away from the grind of pro football and being 2 years older isn't going to do his body any favors when he tries to get back into it like this.

Do you think this is going to make people stay away from Tiki Barber too?? I imagine all of that time off for him will make him injury prone too. How long has he been gone? 5 years?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Edwards works out with the 9ers and they can get him for more than just this year. It's been so long since we had a competent WR, I've forgotten what they even look like.

Suffice it to say, I'm not sold on Crabtree.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Edwards works out with the 9ers and they can get him for more than just this year. It's been so long since we had a competent WR, I've forgotten what they even look like.

Suffice it to say, I'm not sold on Crabtree.

I hope so too. It should work out pretty well for the offense. Braylon as the #1 and Crabtree as the #2 where he belongs.

Having Edwards, Davis, Walker, and Crabtree should really help Kaepernick's development going into the future. I also like Morgan as the #3, I think he'll create mismatches with most nickelbacks.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Burress just tweaked his ankle. Its not a nagging injury, he could easily push through it but trainers told him to let the swelling go down.

As for Tiki Barber, he might not be bad as a KR/PR and a third down back. I'd be afraid he'd break down if I gave him starters carrys. However, I think he could play at a good level for a year or two as a KR/PR and a third down back.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Burress just tweaked his ankle. Its not a nagging injury, he could easily push through it but trainers told him to let the swelling go down.

As for Tiki Barber, he might not be bad as a KR/PR and a third down back. I'd be afraid he'd break down if I gave him starters carrys. However, I think he could play at a good level for a year or two as a KR/PR and a third down back.

Have you ever had an ankle injury? It's the definition of nagging.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it affects Tiki one way or the other. He's got enough reasons for teams to avoid him.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tiki, may get a call should One or two quality RB get injured mid season

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This might just be the first of many nagging injuries for Plax this year, 2 years away from the grind of pro football and being 2 years older isn't going to do his body any favors when he tries to get back into it like this.

Do you think this is going to make people stay away from Tiki Barber too?? I imagine all of that time off for him will make him injury prone too. How long has he been gone? 5 years?

I could not agree more. There is a difference between being in 'shape' and being in 'football shape'.

Tiki last played in 2006 and I'm a fan of his, but I would be more than a little shocked if he made it past the first round of cuts.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well since they both only signed 1 year deals I'd say the Jets should be the ones chuckling because Burress is still probably a better WR than Braylon.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since they both only signed 1 year deals I'd say the Jets should be the ones chuckling because Burress is still probably a better WR than Braylon.

Do you really believe this? Braylon is much more explosive, younger and healthy. If he drops the knucklehead act, he should be fantastic. BTW - Burress has to prove he's not a knucklehead, himself.

uclabruin094

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even with his drops last year, Braylon was putting up numbers. If he can get rid of those drops or even reduce them to a reasonable number, I have no reason to believe he wont be our #1 WR for a few years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you really believe this? Braylon is much more explosive, younger and healthy. If he drops the knucklehead act, he should be fantastic. BTW - Burress has to prove he's not a knucklehead, himself.

Yes, I believe that. Braylon never had anything close to the talent Plax had. If Plax is washed up, I'll be wrong. But if he can play like he did with the Giants he's better than Braylon IMO (at least for this year).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Braylon was credited with only 4 drops last season? I think Pozz posted that at one point.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I believe that. Braylon never had anything close to the talent Plax had. If Plax is washed up, I'll be wrong. But if he can play like he did with the Giants he's better than Braylon IMO (at least for this year).

That's it then. I think Burress is gonna be limited to a bit of a possession role with the focus going to Moss. I'll be sincerely surprised if he breaks 750 yds or so.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think Burress is gonna be limited to a bit of a possession role with the focus going to Moss.

You mean Holmes? Or did I miss Moss signing with the Jets?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Burress is gonna be limited to a bit of a possession role with the focus going to Moss.

You mean Holmes? Or did I miss Moss signing with the Jets?

Yea, sorry Holmes. Went from Santana Holmes -> Santana Moss, lol.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you on that. Braylon has talent, but he never even came close to doing anything like what Plaxico did in that NFC Championship game. The dude was unstoppable and pretty much propelled them into the Super Bowl.

I'm still excited about Braylon as a 49er though. I think he brings more to the table than any WR the team has had in a number of years.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards is the best WR to play here since T.O.