• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brayden Schenn, or how not to develop a forward

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the defense to Schenn to Vinny. Can we at least play some of this season before we trade away our whole team. We aren't winning the cup because we have Larrson or Gormley instead who we want to give up. We have a 4-8 seed with our current team as well as if we had those guys so lets just play some hockey starting with tonight.

I wasn't really suggesting we trade anyone, just expressing some frustration at Luke's play. :gaah: This team is more than a tweak or two away from being a contender.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the defense to Schenn to Vinny. Can we at least play some of this season before we trade away our whole team. We aren't winning the cup because we have Larrson or Gormley instead who we want to give up. We have a 4-8 seed with our current team as well as if we had those guys so lets just play some hockey starting with tonight.

I wasn't really suggesting we trade anyone, just expressing some frustration at Luke's play. :gaah: This team is more than a tweak or two away from being a contender.

a little bit of back door coverage would go a long way!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden looked a lot better on sat hopefully he can build on this. Luke would be pretty good if paired with a steadier dman like Coburn but I'm hoping that with more experience he'll also improve. No need to panic yet they will be better when the young guys step in we just need to be patient. This year is a complete wildcard due to this although I can see them making a move at some point to give them a better shot.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BobRotruck: Reports indicate a ton of scouts in PIT tonight on speculation of possible shopping for future trade involving Flyers.

@BobRotruck: If Flyers trade happens later, never know if Phantom potentially involved also. If not, could still impact LV roster with player up or down.

@BobRotruck: But that's all hugely speculative. Rumors/guesses that Philly may be shopping, even if accurate, still doesn't mean deal is going to happen.

Really think Schenn's days are limited

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right with Berube and the Flyers on this one. Running out of patience with this kid. He's not quick, strong or physical enough right now. I know it's early, but he's on pace for 12 goals and 35 points for a guy that is averaging top six forward minutes. That's terrible production for the ice time, especially on a team that's going to score a ton with or without him.

That said, I've never really liked this guy. Yes, he's only 23, but this is already his fourth season as a Flyer. It's time to take the next step and grow up. He will get shipped if it doesn't happen soon.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right with Berube and the Flyers on this one. Running out of patience with this kid. He's not quick, strong or physical enough right now. I know it's early, but he's on pace for 12 goals and 35 points for a guy that is averaging top six forward minutes. That's terrible production for the ice time, especially on a team that's going to score a ton with or without him.

That said, I've never really liked this guy. Yes, he's only 23, but this is already his fourth season as a Flyer. It's time to take the next step and grow up. He will get shipped if it doesn't happen soon.

Yep it's put up or shut up for him

If they trade him, I'd like to see a scoring winger or a top four d-man in return and then Scott Laughton will get the necessary minutes with the Flyers to thrive

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's put up or shut up for him

If they trade him, I'd like to see a scoring winger or a top four d-man in return and then Scott Laughton will get the necessary minutes with the Flyers to thrive

You do make a good point that Laughton is waiting in the wings ready to earn some ice....but I'd rather trade a player when he's not struggling. Always seems to bite you later....and tonight that line worked well together and dominated at times.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Schenn is not the problem. He is a 20 goal scorer and will have 20 by seasons end. The problem is defense. We win games by scoring a shit load of goals and hoping the goalie can stand on his head. Last night is a perfect example. Emery played real solid and gave up 3.

Even if B. Schenn goes for a defenseman, what can we possibly do on defense? We cant really send someone down. We would have to move a dman in any move to get one. I was reading something about Edmonton and Petry. He apparently would be a decent 2nd pairing guy. We would then the 3 2nd pairing guys and 5 3rd pairing guys.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I mentioned that Schenn is only 23?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how we are a couple of points out of first without trading everyone on the team. Lets play some hockey.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we hang on to B. Schenn for now and just let things settle and feed the continuance in development. Holmgren and Hextall will do the right thing here and I believe they are going to hold on to Schenn for at least this season.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say we hang on to B. Schenn for now and just let things settle and feed the continuance in development. Hextall will do the right thing here and I believe they are going to hold on to Schenn for at least this season.

FIFY

I do not want Holmgren involved at all with the future.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think schenn could get the value that the flyers would need for trading him to make sense.

potential top 4 dman
potential top 6 winger (definition: an actual hockey player that plays outside of the middle and has no interest in playing in said middle. taking face offs is right out.)

I don't think schenn gets either of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we hang on to B. Schenn for now and just let things settle and feed the continuance in development. Holmgren and Hextall will do the right thing here and I believe they are going to hold on to Schenn for at least this season.

:agree::agree:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are hilarious. In one thread you want to bitch about how we got boned in the JVR/Schenn trade by trading underperforming power forward for a struggling defensemen because we were dealing from an area of strength for an area of need. Now, all anyone wants to bring up is how great JVR would look next to G and Jake if we only would have let him stay and L. Schenn is useless.

Well here we are again in the exact same spot. Let's deal a young a power forward for what will most likely amount to another team's dump job of a struggling d-man. Then when Schenn develops over the next couple years you bitch about that trade as well. You do know the definition of insanity, right?

Guys, it is ok to let players fully develop, let alone leave them in one position for an entire year. You can't go all in every year. That is the antithesis of how to build sustained success.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are hilarious. In one thread you want to bitch about how we got boned in the JVR/Schenn trade by trading underperforming power forward for a struggling defensemen because we were dealing from an area of strength for an area of need. Now, all anyone wants to bring up is how great JVR would look next to G and Jake if we only would have let him stay and L. Schenn is useless.

Well here we are again in the exact same spot. Let's deal a young a power forward for what will most likely amount to another team's dump job of a struggling d-man. Then when Schenn develops over the next couple years you bitch about that trade as well. You do know the definition of insanity, right?

Guys, it is ok to let players fully develop, let alone leave them in one position for an entire year. You can't go all in every year. That is the antithesis of how to build sustained success.

:yahoo:

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I mentioned he is only 23!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with awaz, Eville lasgop, and Chy on this one. Chy, you are too funny.:pound: