• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Wood - crow

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure about anyone else, but I am ready to see him get a chance to play every day. I know the K's are horrible throughout his career, but this season they are well below his career average, and he has the ability to hit for power from the SS position.
I am in no way saying he is the answer at SS, or anywhere else for that matter, but we need to decide this offseason who is part of the future and who is not, and right now I think he is more a part of the future than Ronny Cedeno, heck, I like what I have seen ffrom him to this point more than what I have seem from Chase.
Don't hand him the job, but give him the bulk of the PT for the remainder of the month and see what he can give you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about anyone else, but I am ready to see him get a chance to play every day. I know the K's are horrible throughout his career, but this season they are well below his career average, and he has the ability to hit for power from the SS position.
I am in no way saying he is the answer at SS, or anywhere else for that matter, but we need to decide this offseason who is part of the future and who is not, and right now I think he is more a part of the future than Ronny Cedeno, heck, I like what I have seen ffrom him to this point more than what I have seem from Chase.
Don't hand him the job, but give him the bulk of the PT for the remainder of the month and see what he can give you.

I agree. He's looked really good for a couple months now. It's getting closer and closer to "not just a fluke" territory, too. I'm getting close to expecting positive outcomes from a lot of his at bats.

If the guy can put everything together, he could be a major steal for the Pirates. Huntington may have stricken gold with Wood. At the very least, he's proved he can be a viable bench option for a good team.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still see him as a bench player, his bat would have to be above average to make up for the glove (or lack thereof) at short.

I really like him as a backup.

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Wood's OPS still is below .700 (at .694), you gotta love 7 HR's and 24 RBI's in only 178 at bats. I'd like to see him get MORE at bats..... whether he's starting at 3B against lefties, playing 1B while Lee is banged up, or getting more playing time at SS (which also might help sustain Cedeno's concentration).

I'm about ready to give up on Pearce. At age 28, it seems to me his ship has sailed.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
when wood was picked up, he had an unusual amount of very hard outs, line drives right at somebody, and balls caught at the wall. i thought he was having some really good at bats but his average never moved. he is very steady in the field and with more confidence and security in the lineup, will drive the ball the other way and his OPS will continue ot increase. as a ss, he should also be able to easily learn the corner OF spots and become our super sub, play 4-5 times per week spelling various players and being the defensive replacement at 3rd at the end of the game. wood should be able to play every position except CF and C. get rid of pearce, just getting too old and his potential will never be attained in pittsburgh.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wood's defense isn't good enough for SS and his bat isn't really good enough for any other position.
I'd keep him as a utility infielder and still try to find a real SS.