• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Thomas

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thomas Was 49ers' Mystery Man in 2015

This seems to imply his injuries were 'healed', and he's just bad? I will hold out hope he was still affected by that injury. Not that i'd expect him to become a GOOD starter, but at least be a solid back-up.

Assuming it isn't due to injury, if you're going to make a bad draft pick anyway, don't do it on an "IR" prospect.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep, that is what I was saying earlier with some of the players. It isn't that they were IRd, it's just that they aren't very good. As far as making a bad pick, I am sure they didn't purposely try and make a bad pick. Thomas was considered a really good prospect out of college. Don't know why he hasn't been able to make the transition into the pros. Maybe the new coaching staff will figure out something with him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep, that is what I was saying earlier with some of the players. It isn't that they were IRd, it's just that they aren't very good. As far as making a bad pick, I am sure they didn't purposely try and make a bad pick. Thomas was considered a really good prospect out of college. Don't know why he hasn't been able to make the transition into the pros. Maybe the new coaching staff will figure out something with him.

yeah i recall, but also recall i see it as another topic. Anyway, IF it is just a bad pick, then pick healthy player and be wrong.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i recall, but also recall i see it as another topic. Anyway, IF it is just a bad pick, then pick healthy player and be wrong.

Agree. At least that player has a chance to be on the field. Coaches can evaluate whether he has a chance to start, be a backup or was just a bad pick.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year when we basically all knew the season was finished from a competitive standpoint, and watching that full on garbage show known as the 49er offensive line in action thinking 'why don't they just move out Pears and Devey out and give guys like Trenton Brown and Brandon Thomas a chance....they can't be any worse. Find out what you have.' Somebody I believe said that Thomas was still hurt.

Maybe he's still hurt...maybe he truly is even worse that what started for most of the year last year....or maybe the laughable coaching staff couldn't possibly imagining that a move to Thomas might've been called for?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year when we basically all knew the season was finished from a competitive standpoint, and watching that full on garbage show known as the 49er offensive line in action thinking 'why don't they just move out Pears and Devey out and give guys like Trenton Brown and Brandon Thomas a chance....they can't be any worse. Find out what you have.' Somebody I believe said that Thomas was still hurt.

Maybe he's still hurt...maybe he truly is even worse that what started for most of the year last year....or maybe the laughable coaching staff couldn't possibly imagining that a move to Thomas might've been called for?

It is pretty bad that Thomas fell down the depth chart below Silberman, Tiller, Martin and Brown. I read Thomas was playing poorly in practice and was easily getting bull rushed. I asked Matt Maiocco about Thomas online and Matt M confirmed that was true. It might be Thomas is a total washout. We will know for sure this year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is pretty bad that Thomas fell down the depth chart below Silberman, Tiller, Martin and Brown. I read Thomas was playing poorly in practice and was easily getting bull rushed. I asked Matt Maiocco about Thomas online and Matt M confirmed that was true. It might be Thomas is a total washout. We will know for sure this year

i'd think these serious injuries also affect the mind? So even when they're getting close to 'healthy', their minds aren't 100%. Not talking about everyone, but just maybe some just don't rebound mentally too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd think these serious injuries also affect the mind? So even when they're getting close to 'healthy', their minds aren't 100%. Not talking about everyone, but just maybe some just don't rebound mentally too.
Pretty hard to say. It affects some more than others.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting this morning Matt M. stated Thomas had difficulty trying to play in a Zone Blocking scheme. That is what Chip Kelly runs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather pick the IR player and hope u hit a home run or a triple then just to make a bad pick. I rather take a chance. I agree maybe not with a 1st rd pick or 2nd rd pick. Look at Houston then took clowny and he isn't anything special because of injuries.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather pick the IR player and hope u hit a home run or a triple then just to make a bad pick. I rather take a chance. I agree maybe not with a 1st rd pick or 2nd rd pick. Look at Houston then took clowny and he isn't anything special because of injuries.

Right now the Niners need all the healthy bodies they can get. Maybe the 5th round or later, Niners can take a chance on an injured player. It looks as though Thomas will be a bust. Lattimore just couldn't get healthy and we will see what happens with Smelter. It also doesn't help that Marcus Martin is a bust. Happy that Niners have 12 picks, but not too confident with Baalke running the show.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the Niners need all the healthy bodies they can get. Maybe the 5th round or later, Niners can take a chance on an injured player. It looks as though Thomas will be a bust. Lattimore just couldn't get healthy and we will see what happens with Smelter. It also doesn't help that Marcus Martin is a bust. Happy that Niners have 12 picks, but not too confident with Baalke running the show.

Just 12 ways for Baalke to screw up.