• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon McMake

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied an NFL record with 5 FG's in a post-season game.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of that little glitch near the end of the season, the guy has been McMoney !!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just getting the rust out for the playoffs. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you have come around DC - better late than never. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things though.

1. I was right McManus was terrible last year.. You can't deny that.

2. Even when a player sucks I have faith they can turn it around, and pray that it does happen.

I just call it like it is.

Same with Derek Wolfe.

Guy was not worth the 2nd round pick we used on him. But the 3-4 D has turned his career around, and I am the first to acknowledge that.

Just because you aren't happy with a player doesn't mean you don't root for them or hope they turn it around.

McManus was god awful ugly last year, but very happy for him that he has turned it around... It can happen and McManus has proved that with hard work you can become a much better player.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things though.

1. I was right McManus was terrible last year.. You can't deny that.

2. Even when a player sucks I have faith they can turn it around, and pray that it does happen.

I just call it like it is.

Same with Derek Wolfe.

Guy was not worth the 2nd round pick we used on him. But the 3-4 D has turned his career around, and I am the first to acknowledge that.

Just because you aren't happy with a player doesn't mean you don't root for them or hope they turn it around.

McManus was god awful ugly last year, but very happy for him that he has turned it around... It can happen and McManus has proved that with hard work you can become a much better player.

ok - call it like it is - you were down on the McManus from the first attempted kick in preseason - and you were down on him even though he was in fact hitting the uprights - which showed him very close to being good and certainly good enough in distance.

IMO - there is a substantial difference in understanding someone has talent that can be developed and calling them crappy - until they prove you wrong and then moving to the just telling it like it is position.

I'll call it like it is - you are usually spot on in your analysis - and I greatly enjoy your insights into players and talent, but you are sometimes wrong. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok - call it like it is - you were down on the McManus from the first attempted kick in preseason - and you were down on him even though he was in fact hitting the uprights - which showed him very close to being good and certainly good enough in distance.

IMO - there is a substantial difference in understanding someone has talent that can be developed and calling them crappy - until they prove you wrong and then moving to the just telling it like it is position.

I'll call it like it is - you are usually spot on in your analysis - and I greatly enjoy your insights into players and talent, but you are sometimes wrong. ;)

lol

You tell 'em Ming

Seriously, I think that we are all very happy when a player we've been down on comes around and proves that they not only belong on the field, but can excel ... It's the human spirit that goes along with overcoming the odds ..

McManus, Bolden, Wolfe, Moreno - there have been a lot of players that have shown a lot of character and resolution in the face of adversity, and also, waiting for their opportunity to get out of the doghouse ..

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to be well worth that 7th rounder it cost us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am often wrong. I am not denying that.

But I just want to make the valid point that I was calling McManus awful last year when he was.

I have never denied that a player can't overcome adversity and get better.

He was just a bad kicker for us last year. We were too good of a team to have an unrealiable kicker like McManus on our squad last year and quite frankly the team agreed with me as they ended up cutting him.

Thankfully for us they didn't throw him to the curb instead they put him on the PS brought him back up to kickoff and it worked out well because Barth was good for us last year.

McManus time just wasn't right here the first year.

It's like Brandon Marshall. He got cut by Jacksonville twice before finally finding his nitch and his home.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very proud of this kid. Started out the year strong then cooled off there for a few weeks but in the biggest moment of the season so far in very bad kicking conditions I might add the kid was perfect. We need every one of those kicks and he delivered.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak said post game the coaches wanted him to punt with 1:45 left . Kubiak believed in McManus and he came through.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak said post game the coaches wanted him to punt with 1:45 left . Kubiak believed in McManus and he came through.
This is what you have to do in the playoffs...You have to believe in your players. Glad he didn't listen. This makes me think of our old coaching regime back in 2012 and them in that Baltimore game deciding to just go to overtime instead of using one of the all-time great QB's to go out and win the game.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, it makes me like Kubiak a lot more. It shows that at least a small part of him is able to go for the jugular during games.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You tell 'em Ming

Seriously, I think that we are all very happy when a player we've been down on comes around and proves that they not only belong on the field, but can excel ... It's the human spirit that goes along with overcoming the odds ..

McManus, Bolden, Wolfe, Moreno - there have been a lot of players that have shown a lot of character and resolution in the face of adversity, and also, waiting for their opportunity to get out of the doghouse ..
You could add Hillman to that list...well at least some of us would