• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Lloyd

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we will make a run at him? I know he annoyed some people when we drafted him but I believe everyone is gone from when he was with the team. Also there hasn't been any buzz on him so maybe he comes in on a cheap one year deal? WR core of Boldin Lloyd & Jennings/Patton wouldn't be terrible until Manningham gets back.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not - I hope our depth shows up and makes acquiring another WR unnecessary.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope we can get by without adding a WR, but honestly I think the only guy I'd be interested in talking to at this point woould be Randy Moss.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I want them to add any WR at this point. We have drafted WRs that have been decently highly regarded and we picked up Boldin. With our offense a 2 TE set, I don't feel the need to bring another WR in. Instead, maybe make sure our depth at TE is where we want it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to choose for you...I would take Moss over Lloyd any day of the week. A washed up Moss is still better than Lloyds at his best.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Randy Moss, you dont have to catch him up to speed. He knows the QB, the offense, and the current division secondaries/defenses

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we will make a run at him? I know he annoyed some people when we drafted him but I believe everyone is gone from when he was with the team. Also there hasn't been any buzz on him so maybe he comes in on a cheap one year deal? WR core of Boldin Lloyd & Jennings/Patton wouldn't be terrible until Manningham gets back.

He sure made some spectaular catches with the Niners, but his craven cowardice and penchant for throwing the quarterback under the bus makes me hesitant to bring him back.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if I want them to add any WR at this point. We have drafted WRs that have been decently highly regarded and we picked up Boldin. With our offense a 2 TE set, I don't feel the need to bring another WR in. Instead, maybe make sure our depth at TE is where we want it.

this is closest to my opinion........do keep an eye out for a WR, but don't "force" one. lets see what KW, Jenkins, Lockette, and Patton can do thru TC?

Jenkins will be given every opportunity to succeed, so my money would be on him till MM returns to form. Jenkins would get most of the reps in Pre-Season games.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim has been talking to John again...

Jenkins and Lockette will be this years version of Torey Smith and Jacoby Jones...

The Niners are about to get vertical!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim has been talking to John again...

Jenkins and Lockette will be this years version of Torey Smith and Jacoby Jones...

The Niners are about to get vertical!

if its shared duty, fine with me.

for me, not necessarily go vertical with the long ball, but certainly run deeper routes than Boldin.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jennings is Jenkins, right? I was confused for a second.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. I doubt they'd even bring Lloyd back with Gore still in a 49ers uniform. When Frank spoke about how devastated he was after the 49ers lost games his rookie year, and then how angry and frustrated he became when some players didn't care and would be dancing and rapping out by their cars after the games... it was Lloyd he was talking about as the ringleader.

Besides, in 11 years he has only had one exceptional season... and if he couldn't even break 1000 yards with Tom Brady throwing to him last year, in a all-out-pass offense... I don't see what he brings except the glory of 3 years ago and the 1 in a million chance that Lloyd shows up.