• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Lloyd - Glazer just reported we are in talks for BL, along with Pats and Rams

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we don't need the help at WR. We don't really have a number 1 guy right now. You can almost expect that either Crabtree or Edwards will be out. With Morgan out there really isn't anywhere to go. If they don't like him that's one thing, but i'd personally like to have him back.

For free, sure! But what would you pay, both this year and in the future...

Don't forget... one good season.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For free, sure! But what would you pay, both this year and in the future...

Don't forget... one good season.

No, but i would give up a 4th rounder for him. Better than taking Cody Wallce :p.

Is his contract up after this year?

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The best catch I remember him making was against the Giants. Ironically, it was called back because Kwame was called for holding..

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but i would give up a 4th rounder for him. Better than taking Cody Wallce :p.

Better than Kendall Hunter? Don't use one mistake to justify another...and yeah, he's in a contract year. He's not garbage, but he's old and I don't think he's a #1 so I wouldn't want to pay like he was. If Moss and Santonio Holmes went for 4th rounders...I wouldn't go above a 6th.

Keep in mind..you have to bring him in and assimilate him into the offense...you're talking about renting him for less than a half season production and then he's a free agent.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Kendall Hunter? Don't use one mistake to justify another...and yeah, he's in a contract year. He's not garbage, but he's old and I don't think he's a #1 so I wouldn't want to pay like he was. If Moss and Santonio Holmes went for 4th rounders...I wouldn't go above a 6th.

Keep in mind..you have to bring him in and assimilate him into the offense...you're talking about renting him for less than a half season production and then he's a free agent.

Okay, well i wasn't aware he was in a contract year. In that case i would still give up a 5th and maybe even work out a deal before the trade. I wasn't trying to justify the mistake, but it could be worse. At least with Lloyd you know you are going to get a play maker. He may be 30, but he's definitely improved with his age. I think he can help this team and with Morgan out and Crabtree and Edwards recovering from injuries i would like to have guy to go to "if" we make it to the playoffs.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Already hit our quota of 1 yr aging WR's. Team like the Rams should make this move.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th and a klondike bar

Definitely not the fifth. But maybe a Klondike bar. If it was a quarter of the Klondike Bar, all melty, and covered in ants.

Seriously, we need a WR while our guys get healthy, but I wouldn't give up much for Lloyd.

I do still have a moldy ham samich...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
normally i wouldn't want to give up anything outside of a 6th or 7th, but with morgan down a move should be made. i dont think a 5th is that big of a deal considering we could end up with ginn (who's listed probable) could end up being our #1 guy for a week. crabtree and ginn as starters kinda looks scary

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Baalke makes this move it will prove undoubtedly that we're sharing the same conscious. I feel like I've influenced his decision to sign Carlos and Braylon during FA, the initial non-resigning of Goldson, not resigning Spikes (huge Bowman fan), really the QB position is the only place where we disagree(But I'm sure Harbles has a lot to do with Kaep and Smith). :)

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When we traded Lloyd to the redskins didn't we get a third and fourth for him? i'm pretty sure the guys we drafted with those picks was Ray mcdonald and Dashon Goldson or was it Jason Hill and john cohen?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go conditional 7th rounder and a stale bag of pork rinds for B. Lloyd. I don't think he's a physical enough blocker for this offense.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But not as good as kendall Hunter so like everything it would be a gamble there are great players in the 4th round. I might be willing to part with a 6th with conditionally improved to a fourth should he make the pro bowl

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we traded Lloyd to the redskins didn't we get a third and fourth for him? i'm pretty sure the guys we drafted with those picks was Ray mcdonald and Dashon Goldson or was it Jason Hill and john cohen?

Actually I think Brandon Williams and Goldson? Williams sure didn't do much, but Goldson has turned out to be pretty damn good (in 09' and this year at least).

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the 06' draft now.... could have had Brandon Marshall (taken in the 4th round of the draft that year) over Brandon Williams. Noooooo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the 06' draft now.... could have had Brandon Marshall (taken in the 4th round of the draft that year) over Brandon Williams. Noooooo!

Yeah that has haunted Pozz and I. We wanted Marshall in that draft really bad.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do we really have space for Lloyd on the team and are we willing to make a long term commitment to him?

We already have a long term commitment to Crabtree and Williams. Ginn should be locked up long term as our PR/KR. Edwards is on a tryout for a long term commitment.

Where does Lloyd fit in, are we just renting him for 1 year?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one-handers against the Giants and Seahawks were also insane.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elvis dumervil was the guy i woulda took. i thought marshal might drop like colston did

but chances are there won't be a pro bowler in the 4th or 5th, or if there is good luck drafting him.