• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Browner expected to sue the NFL next week

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just not very good IMO. I think he's worse than any of the starting Niners' CBs last year. And since he's gonna have to get off the juice he's going to be even worse.

12/5/2012 - Brandon Browner of Seattle Seahawks suspended for four games - ESPN

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner will begin his four-game suspension this week for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

Haha...how long do you think "juice" stays in a guys system? Do you think it's one of those things where you take it one time and you magically have all the benefits for all eternity? Do you know anything about how steroids work?

Pattersonca65 was able to following a threaded conversation. Nice work.

To be clear. BB was suspended for weeks 14-17 in 2012 (the article you posted is dated in 2012 even). He played in the playoffs that year and played 8 games in 2013 at a high level (and higher than any 49er CB) before injury and then suspension for smoking weed. Most of the benefits of PEDs were out of BB system after his 4 game suspension. They were SURELY out of his system in the 10 months between his suspension and his first game in 2013.

My comment, was questioning your understanding of how steroids work if you think that he STILL has to learn to play football without PEDs. He had to do that in 2012 after his suspension. He hand to do that again in 2013 for the 8 games he played.

:wtf2::wtf2:Was it really that complicated and hard to understand??

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sign him to a 1 year Deal with an option of a 2nd year if he stays out of trouble.

Also hearing 49ers might be interested in Walter Trummond. What you guys think about him?

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pattersonca65 was able to following a threaded conversation. Nice work.

To be clear. BB was suspended for weeks 14-17 in 2012 (the article you posted is dated in 2012 even). He played in the playoffs that year and played 8 games in 2013 at a high level (and higher than any 49er CB) before injury and then suspension for smoking weed. Most of the benefits of PEDs were out of BB system after his 4 game suspension. They were SURELY out of his system in the 10 months between his suspension and his first game in 2013.

My comment, was questioning your understanding of how steroids work if you think that he STILL has to learn to play football without PEDs. He had to do that in 2012 after his suspension. He hand to do that again in 2013 for the 8 games he played.

:wtf2::wtf2:Was it really that complicated and hard to understand??

The muscle that he was able to put on thanks to PEDs magically disappeared in 4 weeks? Really?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The muscle that he was able to put on thanks to PEDs magically disappeared in 4 weeks? Really?

Well, there are more types of PEDs than just steroids and more types of steroids than just "build muscle steroids", but yeah, you could lose up to 2-3lbs/week of muscle after you stop. He could have been using something called Clenbuterol (which is sort of like speed, all effects are gone after 12 hours), or you know even Adderall (which was the claim).

Steroid injections must be at least 3 times/week which mean they leave your system quickly. Afterwards to keep any sort of the muscle you gained, you're supposed to take anti-estrogenic agents (which are also on the banned substance list). So you see, when BB was on PEDs, his body stopped producing natural testosterone (and upped it's estrogen output as a response). When he got off the PEDs, his hormones were out of whack (hardly any testerone, lots of estrogen), which expedites muscle loss.

It would be different if he could have gone on a normal body-building cycle of taking illegal substances AFTER the steroid cycle, but he couldn't because those are all banned by the NFL too (because they indicate steroid use).

Regardless of all of that - 10 months later he was a starting CB for the #1 Defense in the NFL for 8 games. So I think he figured out how to play football again.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and Gentlemen. Here is an example of someone who is not pleased with someone who disagrees with him.

Actually, I would have gone the other way. Doesn't he love when people disagree with him because when he's right, he can feel like a genius? I mean, I don't think that he thinks that way, but that would be equally plausible. I just think he doesn't like being referred to and responded to by one person in multiple threads, voluntarily brought up, whether or not the comment about him relates to the thread or instead to his creation of the DumbDumb nickname.

I post often to comment to the whole board and I will quote if my comment relates to the subject to what the quoted person spoke. But once when doing that, the poster felt that I was trying to get a response from him because I had quoted him twice or so. He responded with a "get a clue" comment that he wasn't going to respond to me. Not my intention. So I could see NS getting that feeling with you.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually, I would have gone the other way. Doesn't he love when people disagree with him because when he's right, he can feel like a genius? I mean, I don't think that he thinks that way, but that would be equally plausible. I just think he doesn't like being referred to and responded to by one person in multiple threads, voluntarily brought up, whether or not the comment about him relates to the thread or instead to his creation of the DumbDumb nickname.

I post often to comment to the whole board and I will quote if my comment relates to the subject to what the quoted person spoke. But once when doing that, the poster felt that I was trying to get a response from him because I had quoted him twice or so. He responded with a "get a clue" comment that he wasn't going to respond to me. Not my intention. So I could see NS getting that feeling with you.

Fair point. I'm definitely not trying to give him a hard time just for the sake of it. If it feels like I'm attacking him on all fronts, then I certainly apologize. But some of his opinions are mind-boggling and I will continue responding to them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there are more types of PEDs than just steroids and more types of steroids than just "build muscle steroids", but yeah, you could lose up to 2-3lbs/week of muscle after you stop. He could have been using something called Clenbuterol (which is sort of like speed, all effects are gone after 12 hours), or you know even Adderall (which was the claim).

Steroid injections must be at least 3 times/week which mean they leave your system quickly. Afterwards to keep any sort of the muscle you gained, you're supposed to take anti-estrogenic agents (which are also on the banned substance list). So you see, when BB was on PEDs, his body stopped producing natural testosterone (and upped it's estrogen output as a response). When he got off the PEDs, his hormones were out of whack (hardly any testerone, lots of estrogen), which expedites muscle loss.

It would be different if he could have gone on a normal body-building cycle of taking illegal substances AFTER the steroid cycle, but he couldn't because those are all banned by the NFL too (because they indicate steroid use).

Regardless of all of that - 10 months later he was a starting CB for the #1 Defense in the NFL for 8 games. So I think he figured out how to play football again.

I have a couple of bodybuilding buddies who flat out quit steroids all at once and the physical transformation after just a few months was amazing. In one case, it really messed with his mind. He got depressed and had mood swings.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a couple of bodybuilding buddies who flat out quit steroids all at once and the physical transformation after just a few months was amazing. In one case, it really messed with his mind. He got depressed and had mood swings.

Same thing happened to one of my friends. It became impossible to enjoy his company in that state. Thankfully, he quit a long time ago.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I've done a bit of research on the stuff (it sounds really appealing, gain 2-3x as much muscle as you normally would, lose more fat, etc) but it's always how quickly those gains disappear that keeps me from injecting. It's not the other side effects (which are actually quite minimal if you take small, yet effective doses). I just do not want to get onto something that I'd have to keep doing in perpetuity to maintain the benefits (shit's expensive too).

To your point, once you stop, you lose A LOT of your gains VERY quickly (and yes, measured in weeks, not years).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened to one of my friends. It became impossible to enjoy his company in that state. Thankfully, he quit a long time ago.

Good for him. Not worth It. I was a workout fanatic like my buddies. Used to workout with them. Any small temptation I had to start using the stuff was outweighted by the thought of getting sick and dying by age 50

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've done a bit of research on the stuff (it sounds really appealing, gain 2-3x as much muscle as you normally would, lose more fat, etc) but it's always how quickly those gains disappear that keeps me from injecting. It's not the other side effects (which are actually quite minimal if you take small, yet effective doses). I just do not want to get onto something that I'd have to keep doing in perpetuity to maintain the benefits (shit's expensive too).

To your point, once you stop, you lose A LOT of your gains VERY quickly (and yes, measured in weeks, not years).

Amazing. It was like watching a balloon being popped. The injuries are another issue. Steroids dont strenghthen your joints or tendons so the shoulder and elbow injuries are common. These joints can get strained from all that extra weight. Not fun. I experienced some of that without using