• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Browner expected to sue the NFL next week

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've heard this slogan too, and it always comes from someone who doesn't know what fascism means. The purest form of a fascist government in history is Sparta, and that government ran every aspect of peoples' lives from the cradle to the grave. Would you call Nazi Germany a small, limited government? Fascism is not a conservative / right-wing form of government. Besides, the term you used, "bends down backwards to authority" describes a left-wing government not a right one. Leftist governments believe in lots of government, lots of laws & regulations, in every aspect of society, requiring gov't stamp of approval on whatever you do, etc.

This post is not to say my beliefs are better than yours. I'm simply calling a spade a spade for the sake of clarity.

Wouldn't you say the NFL is akin to a government that runs every aspect of the lives of those that are involved?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Saying Sherman is guilty is and assumption….

No it's not. Sherman was guilty. He got off on a BS technicality that had nothing to do with whether or not he took PEDs.

But the fact is Sherman was found not guilty… Not saying he wasn't but the evidence came out and for whatever reason they felt the test was tainted and not accurate… There had to be some reason for that…. But if you say you care about what's just you have to let the process complete itself … Lot's of people get accused of stuff when there innocent in America… Fact..

Sherman wasn't "found not guilty" as you put it. This wasn't a criminal case. He had a suspension dropped because he cited a scenario in which he could have been innocent which was physically impossible, and the appeals panel bought it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Explain how pricks like Browner are making life worse for the rest of us.

Assholes like him sue for bull shit reasons, and the cost of that suit, whether it's won or not, is passed on to the consumer. Litigation and the prevention thereof ends up being an enormous portion of the cost of running businesses. The concussion lawsuits ended up fundamentally changing the rules of football (and most of the rule changes don't make the game safer; they just protect from legislation).

And it's not like the NFL is poisoning the water supply; they're getting a freeking wrongful death lawsuit from the mother of a guy who committed a murder-suicide!

Seems to me you are taking this whole football thing a bit too seriously if you think these decisions are affecting your life.

Disingenuous, litigious pricks like Browner do negatively affect my life. They make shit more cumbersome and expensive. They create all kinds of red tape & superfluous steps involved in the things I end up consuming.

Guilty men (Browner) who are parasites to those who have done nothing wrong (the NFL in this case) piss me off. It's like when burglars sue the owners of a house they tried to rob because they hurt themselves.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wouldn't you say the NFL is akin to a government that runs every aspect of the lives of those that are involved?

Ummm... No. Not even remotely.

The NFL is made up of millionaires who voluntarily sign up to play a game and make tons of money doing it; and they can leave any time they want. A government is a mandatory law-making entity that sends police to arrest you if you don't do what they say. How are those 2 things even in the same universe?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an analogy, follow with me:

Someone leaves 100 dollars on a table and turns his back and I take it. I plead that the person shouldn't have left the 100 on the table nor turn his back. I know it was his and I still take it. I just took advantage of the situation. He should have been more careful. Common sense is there to protect everyone and the guy would have his 100 if he used common sense.

A player takes drugs and is tested, but tested without proper notice. The NFL should have given notice properly. The player knows he's guilty of PEDs and he still challenges the NFL. He just took advantage of the situation. The NFL should have been properly notified him. Notice is there for protection and the NFL would have a conviction if they did properly give notice. They should know of and avoid loopholes.

I'm sorry, but you can't tell me that if I took the 100 or the player took the PEDs that we don't deserve the penalty. Taking advantage may be smart or within the opportunities, but it isn't justified. You take someone else's money or you take PEDs, you're guilty regardless of the other person.

We're not blaming him for challenging as he could as much as we are blaming for taking the drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is blame for challenging what you know you are guilty of, but let's not lose track of what he's guilty of.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When did I ever say Browner doesn't deserve the penalty?! I'm only addressing the fact that he has a right to fight it.

Some of you guys are completely twisting my words. I hope you realize that I still hate the Seahawks and I'm just as bitter as anyone on this board about how they've been getting away with stuff on and off the field.

I even brought up the fact that Ryan Braun got away once, but not twice. These things will always catch up with the players, so don't preach morality to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Sherman is guilty is and assumption…. which your entitled too… But the fact is Sherman was found not guilty… Not saying he wasn't but the evidence came out and for whatever reason they felt the test was tainted and not accurate… There had to be some reason for that…. But if you say you care about what's just you have to let the process complete itself … Lot's of people get accused of stuff when there innocent in America… Fact..

:L:L

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at this entire thread.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he wins.

This is good timing as the NFL weighs its options of taking marijuana off the banned substance list.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Interesting. He may have just become the best CB on the market.

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with that. There are like 9 or 10 CBs I'd take over Browner (including Tarell Brown & Walter Thurmond).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with that. There are like 9 or 10 CBs I'd take over Browner (including Tarell Brown & Walter Thurmond).

I do like Walter Thurmond, but he's more of a slot cover corner IMO. Why don't you like Browner?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I do like Walter Thurmond, but he's more of a slot cover corner IMO. Why don't you like Browner?

He's just not very good IMO. I think he's worse than any of the starting Niners' CBs last year. And since he's gonna have to get off the juice he's going to be even worse.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just not very good IMO. I think he's worse than any of the starting Niners' CBs last year. And since he's gonna have to get off the juice he's going to be even worse.

I guess we will just have to wait and see on this one. He might be a little rusty, but he's worth giving a shot IMO. He's not going to get the kind of money he would have.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize weed isn't referred to as "juice," right?

"You kids smokin that juice up there?!" - Stereotypical grandmother

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00