• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady To Be A Free Agent in 2020

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady has a an excellent year, I think he's gone. I don't think he needs the money, he's got the rings and all of the records. I don't believe that he's vengeful, but there's just something about all of this that just doesn't sit well with me at all.

I can easily see him walking away and signing with a contender like the Texans or the Cowboys for a huge contract and taking them deep into the playoff and possibly the Super Bowl

Without Brady, my guess is that the patriots fall to 9-7 or 8-8 and struggle worse each year. Brady is like fast drying hydraulic cement. Apply liberally, let dry and it's waterproof. Chip it off and you'll have leaks everywhere.

Belichick was 8-8 in 1999. Bledsoe got hurt in 2000 and Brady took over. The rest is history. Belichick may be the greatest coach ever, but he doesn't play the game on Sunday. We may get to see if BB is as good without TB as he's been with TB. At any age.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Patriots are something like 14-6 without Tom Brady since 2001. Something tells me they will somehow persevere when Brady leaves. I still believe Coach B can do it. We have the RB’s to dominate a game now. So, having a top 10 QB might not be so important.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting conversation on NBCSB last night..............

Would BB talk to the Krafts, say that Brady is on way out after this year and trade Tom Brady now?

Con: It would most likely cost the Patriots a 12 AFCE Championship in a row, might cost them a shot at the playoffs and would really piss off the fan base. Potentially, Brady could have a stellar year and possibly win a seventh ring with another team.

Pro: There are teams that would way overpay to have Brady at the helm of their offense. Considering some past trades and what was offered, Brady could land a really good QB, a LT and maybe a couple of first rounddraft choices. It might actually brighten the future especially with the young Patriots' defense.

We all know BB is a bottom line guy and made trades in the past that we all hated. Seymour, Mankins, etc. but none of them came back to bite him in the ass. Would he make a move like this that would have Patriot Nation hating him for trading away the GOAT? The face of the Patriots for the past 19 years?

IMO, I think BB would do it in a heartbeat if say, the Texan would give him 2 first rounders, Deshon Watson and Seanitrel Henderson? If the Cowboys would give him Dak and OL and 2 firsts?

If you take off the silver, blue and red glasses for just a minute, you have to wonder if BB has an ace up his sleeve? Or is it a stilletto?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady has a an excellent year, I think he's gone. I don't think he needs the money, he's got the rings and all of the records. I don't believe that he's vengeful, but there's just something about all of this that just doesn't sit well with me at all.

I can easily see him walking away and signing with a contender like the Texans or the Cowboys for a huge contract and taking them deep into the playoff and possibly the Super Bowl

Without Brady, my guess is that the patriots fall to 9-7 or 8-8 and struggle worse each year. Brady is like fast drying hydraulic cement. Apply liberally, let dry and it's waterproof. Chip it off and you'll have leaks everywhere.

Belichick was 8-8 in 1999. Bledsoe got hurt in 2000 and Brady took over. The rest is history. Belichick may be the greatest coach ever, but he doesn't play the game on Sunday. We may get to see if BB is as good without TB as he's been with TB. At any age.

BB was 9-9 in 1999 with Parcells/Carols guys and had not implemented his methods.
I am of the belief that Bledsoe would have won a SB or two had he not gotten hurt.
The Pats will be all right when Brady hangs them up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would BB talk to the Krafts, say that Brady is on way out after this year and trade Tom Brady now?

Con: It would most likely cost the Patriots a 12 AFCE Championship in a row, might cost them a shot at the playoffs and would really piss off the fan base. Potentially, Brady could have a stellar year and possibly win a seventh ring with another team.

Pro: There are teams that would way overpay to have Brady at the helm of their offense. Considering some past trades and what was offered, Brady could land a really good QB, a LT and maybe a couple of first rounddraft choices. It might actually brighten the future especially with the young Patriots' defense.

We all know BB is a bottom line guy and made trades in the past that we all hated. Seymour, Mankins, etc. but none of them came back to bite him in the ass. Would he make a move like this that would have Patriot Nation hating him for trading away the GOAT? The face of the Patriots for the past 19 years?

IMO, I think BB would do it in a heartbeat if say, the Texan would give him 2 first rounders, Deshon Watson and Seanitrel Henderson? If the Cowboys would give him Dak and OL and 2 firsts?

If you take off the silver, blue and red glasses for just a minute, you have to wonder if BB has an ace up his sleeve? Or is it a stilletto?

BB has said he wants Brady to play for a few more years. I take that to mean Bill wants him to play QB for the Patriots for a few more years.
Kraft has said that Brady can play for him for as long as he wants. I take that to mean Brady can play for the Pats for as long as he is healthy and semi productive, because he has produced FAR beyond what RK could have even imagined when he bought the team.
Brady has said he wants to play until he's 45. I take that to mean he'll play for the Pats until he's had enough.

Curran is a talking head.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB was 9-9 in 1999 with Parcells/Carols guys and had not implemented his methods.
I am of the belief that Bledsoe would have won a SB or two had he not gotten hurt.
I'm am not of that belief. First it was 2000, but close enough on that (and I think 5-11). But Brady solidified the we can win culture that bb was building. Plenty weren't buying in those first few years. Bledsoe always wanted to change things and bb couldn't and wouldn't coach to that.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so but I still want them to find his replacement sooner than later.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's let the rookie play 1 game 1st before we trade away a Superbowl......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady leaving the Pats just smells like made for chatter BS. I'll won't believe it until it happens. I won't worry until it happens either.

When do the games gegin (actual football that is).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who else put their house up for sale yesterday??

Alex Guerrero.