• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford Update

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Zeke. I have been watching Long. Last night he had a lot of rust and he got beat a couple of times along with the one you've described. I'll give him a pass right now but I am going to keep an eye on him to see if he is indeed beginning that long slow slide down the road of decline.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got a chance to watch the play, it was Jake Long that was blocking the dude that nailed Bradford. He(Long) clearly got smoked on that play. Maybe we should consider dumping him along with his huge salary as well

He was also the culprit in a few penalties as well wasn't he?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams certainly have had their share of bad luck. I've never been a Bradford fan and I feel badly for the young man.

I didn't see the Rams making the playoffs this year and losing Bradford doesn't help, but now the Rams are forced to do something about the QB position, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise, if that's possible under the circumstances.

Let's hope Retro is right that this may all lead to a "Kurt Warner" moment.

Whatever happens, I'm a Rams fan for life and will never give up on them.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Retro

No sense playing Hill. We all know what he is- a backup QB. Nothing more.

Davis has more upside, is mobile and has looked pretty good during preseason.

This season is probably shot anyways unless Davis is given a chance. Hill will do no better than 4-12 anyways.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I know you've been calling him a bust for awhile but its really his injury history since then thats really made him bust. Do you think Shaun Hill can still play? He hasn't had significant play time in 3 years but he used to be pretty good IIRC.

Lots of football talking heads are going to jump on the Rams for taking a Guard instead of Bortles. Snead officially in the hot seat, imo.

I also dont think that this season is a waste. Its only a waste if the guys in charge dont put an adequate QB on the field.
As most here know, I always believed in Sam's ability for the most part. With that, I was one of those looking for a high round QB pick but not before the 'guard' that will be playing LT soon enough. Once those ACL's are torn, they get tricky. Some are one and done, others are just a matter of time before the next one hits.

I really hope we can salvage the season with some decent QB play but if we don't, as a Bruins fan, I know Brett Hundley will be the smart pick in next years draft, given the choice.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, obviously Schefter was right about the ACL...I think Hill gives the Rams the best chance this year, Austin Davis may or may not be the future..I think he will be a back-up and not a starter, but I thought Bradford would work out for the Rams..Shows I know squat...Ive been a Bradford guy from the start so I was wrong there too...Now, the have to cut ties and get a QB...Hill is a stop-gap and I just don't think the guy is Davis...Guess we won't know for a while...

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids career is trashed because of injury kick him too the curb. Wow. Ok. :L Next.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also the culprit in a few penalties as well wasn't he?

I didn't watch the game, only highlights. NFL Network will air it tomorrow night @ 8pm eastern, I will hopefully be able to watch.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure cutting ties would be "kicking him to the curb"...What should they do, keep him at 15, 16, 17 million (whatever next year's salary is)...He's made $51 million, I think... I don't really think we need to cry for Sam Bradford...It's a really tough break for him, but I'm wondering what you think they should do, Ozark ??? Understand too, please. that I've been in Sam's corner since day one...I just can't justify from the Rams standpoint taking any more chances...If one hit tore the ACL, do you really think there is any reason to think it would not happen again ???Not trying too be a richardhead, I like your thought process almost 100% of the time...Just not this time...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry for your bad luck with Bradford. This guy is a good QB if he could stay healthy. When watching the play, there is no way that hit should have torn his ACL. That was a very light hit and if that made his ACL pop then he wasn't going to last this year anyway.

I hope you all find something of a gem at QB sooner or later, if any team deserves a bit of luck it's the unlucky Rams. Seattle has a QB ( BJ Daniels ) that is a Wilson clone, should trade for him :P i am sure they would allow you to have him for a 3rd or 4th in 2015. :) I only say that because i kind of feel bad for Daniels being behind Wilson and TJax he wont get to play much. Jackson wins out because of his exp in this offense. Daniels is more talented than Jackson though if you ask me. Then there is that guy in NE but the Pats will fleece you for him and i believe he isn't as good as they "think" he is.

There are some 2nd string QB's out there that you all could grab with enough capital in a trade offer. Vick, Ponder, Sanchez, Flynn, Whitehurst, Cousins, Clemens ( should have kept him ) Stanton, Hanie etc etc. Some of these guys would be Cheap and might very well be upgrades to Hill. Hill isn't a bad option though to be honest, he isn't going to win you any Championships though but i doubt any of those guys i listed other than possibly Vick would.

Sorry for the bad luck so i will add this " good luck in what ever happens at QB you all deserve it"

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure cutting ties would be "kicking him to the curb"...What should they do, keep him at 15, 16, 17 million (whatever next year's salary is)...He's made $51 million, I think... I don't really think we need to cry for Sam Bradford...It's a really tough break for him, but I'm wondering what you think they should do, Ozark ??? Understand too, please. that I've been in Sam's corner since day one...I just can't justify from the Rams standpoint taking any more chances...If one hit tore the ACL, do you really think there is any reason to think it would not happen again ???Not trying too be a richardhead, I like your thought process almost 100% of the time...Just not this time...

What I think they will do is go get Sanchez. What I wanted them too do was take Manzeil because of this. I understand this is a business. I just thought we might take a minute before we bury the guy. My mistake. :L

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer Rams fans.... Sorry to hear that... Injury didn't look bad when it happened so this news was surprising...

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on ! Sorry Sam nothing but the best in retirement . He is DONE!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, obviously Schefter was right about the ACL...I think Hill gives the Rams the best chance this year, Austin Davis may or may not be the future..I think he will be a back-up and not a starter, but I thought Bradford would work out for the Rams..Shows I know squat...Ive been a Bradford guy from the start so I was wrong there too...Now, the have to cut ties and get a QB...Hill is a stop-gap and I just don't think the guy is Davis...Guess we won't know for a while...
Much like you mikey, I've been behind Sam and supported him.

Once the ACL went, I was merely hopeful on his health but wanted to get a decent QB as insurance especially since the QB's were falling.

Much like Ozarks, I would not have been disappointed with Manziel at 13 (Donald was the BPA) or even trade down two spots with the Steelers and pick him up before the Dallas pick.

I felt it was good insurance for our squad for sure and with a good showing in the preseason, we could use his high profile as trade bait if all went well with Sam.

Oh well, water under the bridge now.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agent QB's:

1. Jimmy Clausen
  2. Brady Quinn
  3. Tavaris Jackson
  4. Kevin Kolb
  5. Josh Freeman

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the sentiments from the Seahawks fans. That is very respectful of you all. I think Brady Quinn has signed with the Dolphins Vita, so he is already gone. I am with Angelakeram. None of those QB's are better than what we already have.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Jax wasn't released from the Hawks as people got confused with Jackson as in Jackson Jeffcoat not T-jax. he would have been a upgrade over Hill. Jackson could win you 8-10 games with your Defense. Shaun Hill i think is a 6 to 8 win guy.