• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford Off to Career-Best Start

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford Off to Career-Best Start

Bradford_420_100913.jpg

Sam Bradford isn’t typically one to draw attention to himself.
Since entering the league as the top overall pick in the 2010 draft, Bradford has had no shortage of changes around him, whether in coaching or the offensive personnel around him. Through the various stages of transition, Bradford has handled each twist and turn of his career over the past four years with a certain degree of aplomb and deference of credit to those around him.
So it shouldn’t take anybody by surprise that his start to the 2013 season—the best of his career by a multitude of measures—comes a nod to other members of the Rams’ offense.
“Obviously, the guys around me, those guys are playing really well up front, giving me time to make the decisions that I need to get the ball to the open receiver,” Bradford said.
Bradford has established career-bests in passing yardage (1,315), touchdown passes (10), completion percentage (58.3) and quarterback rating (85.7) through the first five games of a season.
While the season has more than two-thirds of its schedule yet to play out, at his current pace, Bradford would finish the year with 32 touchdown passes, which would be the most by a Rams quarterback since Kurt Warner threw for 36 during the 2001 season.

QB Sam Bradford Press Conference (Video link)

In his fourth year, Bradford has also done his best work in terms of protecting the football, with just three interceptions in 216 pass attempts. His career interception percentage of 2.16 is the lowest in team history.
That number becomes more significant when taking into account the attention directed his way while the Rams’ running game scuffled through the first four games of the year.
“He’s making good decisions,” Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher said following last week’s 34-20 win over Jacksonville, in which Bradford passed for 222 yards and three touchdowns without committing a turnover. “I thought he made some good decisions with his legs. A couple of throws—the one to (TE) Lance (Kendricks) on the bootleg to his left, throwing across his body with a guy in his face, an outstanding throw. And, same thing to find Tavon in the hole to keep that drive alive was another outstanding throw. Then, the touchdown pass to ‘AP’ (WR Austin Pettis) was a great throw. I thought he picked it up. He can still do much better just like all of us.
Bradford’s progress this year can be traced in part to a second consecutive season working under offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. A year ago, Schottenheimer became Bradford’s third different coordinator in three seasons. Having a second year to prosper under the Schottenheimer scheme has paid early dividends for the Rams’ signal-caller.
”Being in the same offense for a second year, I think that helps,” Bradford said. “Knowing that, going into the week on a day like today when the game plan gets put in, I’ve seen all the plays, I’ve repped all the plays that we’re running as opposed to last year, when at times a good majority of what we were putting in was new.”
In addition to an improved familiarity with the offensive system, Bradford has taken to his role as the unquestioned leader of the team’s offense. That role was often shared over the past three years with RB Steven Jackson, now a member of the Atlanta Falcons.
While his first five games in 2013 have been statistically the best of his young career, Schottenheimer believes the best from Bradford and the Rams’ offense as a whole has yet to be seen.
“(He’s) started really, really well,” Schottenheimer said prior to last week’s game against Jacksonville. “I think he can play better. I think he’ll tell you that, but again the best way to get him to play better is to have balance. There’s certainly some bad breaks that Sam’s had, but he’s never wavered in his work ethic. Again, if we can find our balance, and again have the ability to run it when people know we’re going to run it and throw it when people know we’re going to throw it. That’s when I think we’ll hit that level of offense that we expect that we can be.”

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a beast :laugh3:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna piss Sports Junkie off to the ever living end!

In all this turmoil on these boards about our starting QB & I found this article about Sam on the NFL site.

Hey, it's fair game!

We've seen all the other articles posted on this site about how bad the dude is, so have at it.

All I ask, is that you remember, I didn't write it!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love the interns at St. Louis rams . Com

The funny part of that article is when Shotty says when the offense has balance (running game) then Sam will be better. Didn't Sam have a RB last year and didn't Shotty still throw it most of the time? That just makes him sound stupid and seem likes he changes his gameplan during the game. Because the emmeffer just throws it all over the lot.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree SJ76. My reaction to that article in that section of it was: What the....???

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love the interns at St. Louis rams . Com

The funny part of that article is when Shotty says when the offense has balance (running game) then Sam will be better. Didn't Sam have a RB last year and didn't Shotty still throw it most of the time. That just him sound stupid.
Good to see your attention fall on this dude a bit.

Yep that's the dude with the plan that Sam is suppose to follow.

What rings true are the facts in this article (I've put some of them in bold and underlined others not all are facts). Should the defense start to stop people and the offense start to run the ball better, those projected TD and INT numbers will begin to pay dividends.

That why I posted this story.

Young teams, like ours, often take time to develop an identity before they start believing in themselves and start winning.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita I have never blamed Coaches and I have played a lot of sports. I'm a firm believer that players play and if you have any athletic ability at all, along with the will to win, you find a way to make plays. Sometimes a QB has to step up and just find away to get it done. Whether that means calling your own audibles or getting in the OCs face and screaming... You can't keep doing the same stupid shit.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita I have never blamed Coaches and I have played a lot of sports. I'm a firm believer that players play and if you have any athletic ability at all, along with the will to win, you find a way to make plays. Sometimes a QB has to step up and just find away to get it done. Whether that means calling your own audibles or getting in the OCs face and screaming... You can't keep doing the same stupid shit.
Sam has never been the Maverick you want him to be.

He's the play by the rules type of guy and if that means trust in the plan win or lose, that's what he's gonna do. This is one area where playing under 3 different OC's in 4 years hurts. He's hasn't gotten fed up with this guy enough to get in his face and besides, statistically as we just read in this article, he is on pace to have a great season.

I'll say this, even if Sam were to have the best season ever, for any QB, however kept losing football games, it won't matter. (ala Dan Fouts) He needs to win, and if we are not winning on a regular basis by season end then we just might see that mild mannered losing fool get up in the OC's face like he should have long ago and start calling audibles and sech.

Until then, Sam will put his trust in Jeff, Brian and Les and that's just the way it is.

The bottom line, we posters were saying we want Sam to play better and this article points to a marked improvement. He is playing better than any years past, so maybe that type of play will trickle down to the rest of the team and they will join him and we start winning and start being a threat to win week in and week out and you know what?

I think when they do, and I think they will, Sam will continue to improve as well. This is why I said I'm still fishing with Sam, Jeff and Les in my Fish or Cut Bait thread.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“He’s making good decisions,” Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher said following last week’s 34-20 win over Jacksonville

Translation: He's doing exactly what we want him to do. Run a boring offense and don't take any chances. Who cares if we brought in new weapons for him. We're going to throw the ball between 5 and 10 yards.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the problem with this article, they blatantly list wrong stats to make a point! :omg:

Take the 24 fumbles they attribute to Sam as turnovers. Sam had 1 this year and 1 last year.

So they want me to believe that Sam alone had 22 fumbles lost in his 26 games in 2010 & 2011 when the entire Rams roster had 19 fumbles lost in 32 games?:laugh3:
From that rag b/r Bleacher Report
Thus far, Bradford has completed 58.6 percent of his passes with 51 touchdowns, 36 interceptions and 24 fumbles. His 60 turnovers to 53 total touchdowns is a sign of what he's done as a quarterback,
Someone doesn't know what the hell they are doing, calling fumbled snaps that hit the ground that Sam picked up turnovers.:laugh3:

Zeke you should really stop reading that rag man, or at least stop posting their articles.

If their facts suck ass, how can we trust that their takes don't suck too? I wont even touch that one!

Note:
NFL.com, SeeBS nor ESpin lists fumbles lost for Sam in 2010 and 2011 so I looked up fumbles lost by the team for those years.
Sam Bradford, 2013 Fumbles lost CBSSports
Sam Bradford, 2012 Fumbles lost CBSSports
Rams 2011 Fumbles lost NFL Stats
Rams 2010 Fumbles lost NFL Stats

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita it's not about my expectations of Bradford being a Maverick. It's about him showing toughness and making plays. And I have not seen a lot of either - that's the bottom line whether you like it or not. You keep putting words in my mouth for what I expect him to be, of what I think about him, and assume too much. But you really don't know what I expect. I just want to see him make a decision and stop being so hesitant. Aka wuss. Lol

Stop with the "you think this" BS. I see what I see and I'm not making it up. Lol

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh nooooooes!

I love this thread!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita it's not about my expectations of Bradford being a Maverick. It's about him showing toughness and making plays. And I have not seen a lot of either - that's the bottom line whether you like it or not. You keep putting words in my mouth for what I expect him to be, of what I think about him, and assume too much. But you really don't know what I expect. I just want to see him make a decision and stop being so hesitant. Aka wuss. Lol

Stop with the "you think this" BS. I see what I see and I'm not making it up. Lol
I called him a Maverick. I wasn't implying you said that, however when you said this.....

That to me is a Maverick maybe not to you but to me it is. Again we're spitting hairs, because the point really is, you want him to be something he's just not gonna be right now. He is putting his faith in the Brain Trust that is the Rams org. and until he's fed up, he will do EXACTLY what is being asked of him to the best of his ability.

Oh well, I got a scramble golf tourney in about an hour, so I gotsta get!

See you Eeyore's later!

images

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means find a fucking solution.

Simple

And there you go again. I want him to be something he's not ?! Bullshit. I want him to hit open WRs when the window is there. I want him to make a decision and take a chance downfield more than 2 times a game.

Enough with your BUllshit Vita. Who the fuck are you to know what I want? Give it a rest you sound like a woman assuming BS that you think I want.

All you do is assume, show BS stats, and continue to suck on Samatha titties.

Stop telling me what you think I want. Holy shit. :bullshit:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means find a fucking solution.

Simple

And there you go again. I want him to be something he's not ?! Bullshit. I want him to hit open WRs when the window is there. I want him to make a decision and take a chance downfield more than 2 times a game.

Enough with your BUllshit Vita. Who the fuck are you to know what I want? Give it a rest you sound like a woman assuming BS that you think I want.

All you do is assume, show BS stats, and continue to suck on Samatha titties.

Stop telling me what you think I want. Holy shit. :bullshit:
Cool your engines bro! This shit ain't that serious.

I didn't assume anything, YOU told us all what you want when YOU said this ....
Originally Posted by SJ76
Whether that means calling your own audibles or getting in the OCs face and screaming... You can't keep doing the same stupid shit.
I didn't assume you typed that shit! He is just not that guy brother. Sam's not the guy who goes up to the OC and screams in his face ...'You can't keep doing the same stupid shit'.

:wtf2: That ain't so hard to understand!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool your engines bro! This shit ain't that serious.

I didn't assume anything, YOU told us all what you want when YOU said this ....
I didn't assume you typed that shit! He is just not that guy brother. Sam's not the guy who goes up to the OC and screams in his face ...'You can't keep doing the same stupid shit'.

:wtf2: That ain't so hard to understand!

This debate will never end, and I think it's good to talk about it, but there is no reason for anyone to get this worked up about it. SJ, I agree with a lot of what you say about Sammie, but you shouldn't rip into Vita, we are all Ram fans and there's no need for name calling. We have our views about Sammie and Vita just doesn't see any of it. Vita, you have your views, and I do see some of it, just not enough.

As far as projections, that means squat, a few years back Tuffy Rhoades hit 3 HR opening day, his projection was 500+ for the year. Yes I know I'm reaching with that comparison, but just trying to make my point. In a short season like football that projection crap can turn big time, Sammie doesn't throw a TD this week and I think his "projection" drops down to mid 20's, his completion % is still nothing to brag about, top half of the league completes better than 60%.

He's going to get his TD and yardage stats, just because we aren't very good as a "team" and he will have to pass the ball. As of right now Ryan is the only QB with more pass attempts. As a team Atalanta isn't getting it done, but Ryan is doing his part 70% completions, same TD and int as Sammie, but QB rating over 100. It's not about TD, there's plenty of times TD are a direct result of your WR breaking one, so I don't care how many TD's Sammie throws, I want him completing a high % of his passes which gives the team a better chance of scoring TD's

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game by Rams all around. Houston just seems to be imploding.

Loving Zac 30