• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brace yourselves: DH in 2022

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually, we'll wind up with a losing record team in the World Series. Oh joy!
Astros were close to making that happen last year. While I found it annoying that they made the playoffs, I was almost hoping for them to make the World Series, once the Dodgers got in, with the hope that the Astros would beat the Dodgers. The Dodger fans would have been in massive meltdown mode if that were to happen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros were close to making that happen last year. While I found it annoying that they made the playoffs, I was almost hoping for them to make the World Series, once the Dodgers got in, with the hope that the Astros would beat the Dodgers. The Dodger fans would have been in massive meltdown mode if that were to happen.
Last year was an aberration of everything. I had no problem with anything they did. I still don’t understand why the DH in the NL was necessary (do pitchers have a higher chance of getting Covid if they have a bat in their hand?), but it was 2020, so whatever.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was an aberration of everything. I had no problem with anything they did. I still don’t understand why the DH in the NL was necessary (do pitchers have a higher chance of getting Covid if they have a bat in their hand?), but it was 2020, so whatever.
It was COVID, any change made because of COVID made sense because of COVID.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was COVID, any change made because of COVID made sense because of COVID.
Soooo...

Adding the DH to the NL was because Covid ended with a “D” and DH starts with a “D”?

I still don’t see why the DH was needed, outside of getting onto the slippery slope.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, that's what can happen when you allow so many teams into the postseason like they did for the 2020 COVID-impacted season. It's really stupid to have a losing record team in the World Series, but everything is about money, so it will probably happen some day. It can still happen with the current format, as MLB has expanded the playoffs enough already, but I'd rather not take any more steps to increase the likelihood.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that's what can happen when you allow so many teams into the postseason like they did for the 2020 COVID-impacted season. It's really stupid to have a losing record team in the World Series, but everything is about money, so it will probably happen some day. It can still happen with the current format, as MLB has expanded the playoffs enough already, but I'd rather not take any more steps to increase the likelihood.
I am a huge fan of the current system. Having the wildcard teams play a 1-game playoff is awesome. It makes their road particularly difficult, as it should be.

I would make 2 changes, however...

1) the Wildcard game should not be considered a playoff game. It should count as a 163. The get one of the two wildcard spots, they HAVE A CHANCE to get in the playoffs. It is only semantics, I know, but it tells the story better, imho.

2) The #1 seed gets a 4-1 HFA in a 2-1-2 format against the wildcard team. This gives teams a legit reason to fight hard for the #1 seed and further makes the road for the wildcard tougher.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo...

Adding the DH to the NL was because Covid ended with a “D” and DH starts with a “D”?

I still don’t see why the DH was needed, outside of getting onto the slippery slope.
D is for DH . . . that's good enough for me (and Dr. Fauci).

Just throwing him in there because . . . COVID.