• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boyle's Worth

SJS944

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Think any team would want this guy? Would Doug Wilson even consider trading him? I think it's about time he catches a plane out of SJ if the price is right.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty worthless right now... I can't imagine anyone wanting him.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nonod: I dont think that would be wise. :nonod:
Boyle is just in a BAD FUNK, he will be fine.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my humble opinion, it doesn't make any sense to trade Boyle until the off-season. The Sharks window for a Stanley Cup is closing and if you trade Boyle, it will be to another contender who will only give young prospects or draft picks in return (along with a bad contract most likely). That only helps if you're in free agency.

If they can get something good in return in the off-season and hten use the cap space to sign a FA (and that never happens, lol) or trade for somebody else then it would make more sense.

I think Boyle will get better; he's just struggling really bad right now......but when he's right, it'll be like adding an All-Star defenseman without trading anybody. The nice thing is, the Sharks don't need him to be awesome to make the playoffs (barring bad injuries). So as long as he's right for the PO's, the regular season doesn't matter as much.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Boyle some more time to turn it around before we completely write him off. Boyle is 35 and on the downside of his career, so there is a lot of concern here. Some defenseman age better than others ie Lidstrom, Rafalski, Niedermayer etc. We will find out soon which side Boyle is on but as of right now it doesn't look pretty. Either way, I think with the team having a decent record and Boyle's impact in the locker room, it'd be foolish for Doug to trade him. It would shake up the locker room but it would be the wrong kind of shake up. With all that said, I don't think there is any way Doug is even considering trading Boyle, so any speculation and discussion on the subject is pretty much moot.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Todd wants Boyle to play better, reduce his damn minutes and save him for the playoffs. He should not be getting any more than 22 minutes a night and that's including the PP time.

I'd rather the Sharks make it in as the 5th seed and be primed to go for the Cup tournament than bust their asses for the #1 seed and be weary for a (hopefully) long playoff run.

Sharks have played ALOT of playoff hockey the past couple season.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boyle won't be moved, if he's moved at all, until after July 1st. At that point his full NTC becomes a limited one in which he can pick eight teams he won't accept a trade to, simular to Heatley this last offseason.

At that point I wouldn't expect much in return as he'd be primarily a salary dump. Brian Campbell was traded in a simular manner for Rotislav Olesz. I'd expect something close to that for Boyle. However, I don't think Boyle will be traded unless Wilson is able to grab someone like Suter via FA.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm not saying "trade him now for a bag of pucks" or anything close to that. Hell, I don't even think he should be traded, period.

I'm just saying that I think he's a shell of his former self out there... and I don't know how it's possible for him to get better. Like he said in that one interview at the blog... he has to adapt to the neutral zone traps and he hasn't found a way to change his game yet. He knows he has to stop trying to skate the puck in all the time but he can't help himself and he keeps trying... and he turns it over... and gets frustrated... and tries it again.. and... same result.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle played like shit for a chunk of last season too but got himself righted in time for the playoffs. I think Boyle's still good enough to be a positive contributor to the team. Although his play lately makes me want to smash my head against a brick wall, I don't want the Sharks to trade him. He'll get things worked out.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Todd wants Boyle to play better, reduce his damn minutes and save him for the playoffs. He should not be getting any more than 22 minutes a night and that's including the PP time.

I'd rather the Sharks make it in as the 5th seed and be primed to go for the Cup tournament than bust their asses for the #1 seed and be weary for a (hopefully) long playoff run.

Sharks have played ALOT of playoff hockey the past couple season.

Totally agree with you. I don't get why he is still playing 25+ min a night. I was hoping bringing Burns in would reduce Boyle's min and have him fresh for the playoffs.
Vlasic is the only guy on D that should be logging those kind of min.
I'm not ready to write Boyle off, he's too talented. Like SJVP said, they just need to reduce his min.