• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Box Office 2014

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, the problem with you, Oscar is that you're a liar. No one listens to you because you lie. All the time.

Why quote something and then ignore what you quoted. Your so-called greatest western of the last 40 years couldn't hold a candle to the 3 I mentioned. Unforgiving, and Dance with Wolves were named best picture, and Django was nominated for quite a few academy awards. All 3 critically acclaimed and well liked at the box office.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up. It's a 2003 Western that did so so at the box office. It is not critically acclaimed by critics and does not appear on any critics list of the great Western.

Now, to be fair, there haven't been as many westerns made in the last 40 years as in previous decades.

Django Unchained, The Unforgivin, and Dances With Wolves would rank as the best of the last 20 years. These were critically acclaimed movies and for good reason.

It's the most successful western of the last 40 years.

And until an hour ago when I mentioned it, you'd never heard of it. :L

Now, is there anything else you'd like to convince us of besides your progressive mental illness, Oscar?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one question you've asked in this thread.

I asked if you had seen the great Westerns of all time? I gave you a list. Other than Django, nothing great this century. Unfortunately, westerns are a dying breed at the movies.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't even notice. :L

"I've never heard of Open Range but I guess you guys can watch Unforgiving."

Embarrassing. :L

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked if you had seen the great Westerns of all time? I gave you a list. Other than Django, nothing great this century. Unfortunately, westerns are a dying breed at the movies.

I loved Django...

But - not Top 25

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Research the USS Liberty and get back to me on how much Israel is our ally.

The Israelis were scared we would find out what they were doing at the time and they wanted to keep it secret. That was a deliberate attack. The first thing hit on the ship was the communications tower to block all communications. No accident.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSRFZigJiPY]Top 10 westerns of the last 2 decades (1995 - 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Israelis were scared we would find out what they were doing at the time and they wanted to keep it secret. That was a deliberate attack. The first thing hit on the ship was the communications tower to block all communications. No accident.

Agreed.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the most successful western of the last 40 years.

And until an hour ago when I mentioned it, you'd never heard of it. :L

Now, is there anything else you'd like to convince us of besides your progressive mental illness, Oscar?

No it's not. 2 pictures I mentioned received the Oscar for Best Picture. The other Django Unchained, had repeated nominations. The movie you mentioned does not appear in any critics list of best westerns ever made.

I go to the movies twice a week (not Netflix). I'm an avid moviegoer and I never heard of this film. I'm sure there are others I've never heard of either. But if I've never heard of it, there is no way it's one of the all time greats.

Some of the other movies people mentioned I've at least heard of even though I may not have liked them. But that's personal choice.