• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowe signed long term tag Alberts

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they draft Luke Joeckel as planned they will really improved their team. Their biggest weakness were QB and Oline and they improved that and kept their big play maker. Good off season for the Chiefs so far.

Kansas City Chiefs get deal with Dwayne Bowe, tag Brandon Albert - ESPN

The Kansas City Chiefs reached agreement on long-term contracts with receiver Dwayne Bowe and punter Dustin Colquitt on Monday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The five-year agreements with Bowe and Colquitt allowed the Chiefs to use their franchise tag on left tackle Branden Albert.

Colquitt is the highest-paid punter in NFL with his agreement, worth $18.75 million deal over five seasons, including $8.9 million guaranteed, according to a league source.

Bowe was placed on injured reserve with a rib injury in December, finishing the 2012 season with 59 catches for 801 yards and three touchdown receptions.

He played last season on a $9.5 million deal as the team's franchise player.

Bowe, 28, had his best season in 2010, when he was voted to the Pro Bowl after catching 72 passes for 1,162 yards and a league-high 15 touchdowns.

He has caught 415 passes for 5,728 yards and 39 touchdowns in his six-year career.

The 28-year-old Albert has played in 73 games for Kansas City, including 71 starts.

The Chiefs drafted Albert 15th overall in the 2008 draft.

The 30-year-old Colquitt had 42 punts inside the opponents 20-yard line last season, just two short of the NFL record of 44.

He was selected to his first Pro Bowl last season and is ranked 18th all-time with a 44.7 average on his punts.

Information from ESPN.com AFC West blogger Bill Williamson and The Associated Press was used in this report.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good. I'm tired of talking about Bowe as a possible Niner with my 49ers friends. Can't stand him or really the prospects of ever signing or trading for him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Good. I'm tired of talking about Bowe as a possible Niner with my 49ers friends. Can't stand him or really the prospects of ever signing or trading for him.

I agree. It's all about Mike Wallace as far as I'm concerned.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Wow. It sounds as though you really dislike him - even more so than Percy Harvin whom you don't like either.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this week and a day before free agency is killing me. I want the niners to grab a WR and Safety.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Now that the Chiefs tagged Alberts, does that mean they pass on Jeockel? Or do they trade down?

I can't imagine a team wanting to trade all the way up to the 1 spot. There are 3 great LT prospects in this draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow. It sounds as though you really dislike him - even more so than Percy Harvin whom you don't like either.

Ahh. Both have two cent heads / decision making skills as far as I'm concerned, which automatically starts you off behind the 8-ball in my book, and their make-up would terrify me if I were a GM operating on the information I currently have as a fan, but my dislike for both isn't the same kind of thing. I don't (didn't) want either anywhere around or on this team, though. That's for sure.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Chiefs tagged Alberts, does that mean they pass on Jeockel? Or do they trade down?

I can't imagine a team wanting to trade all the way up to the 1 spot. There are 3 great LT prospects in this draft.

What if they drafted Warmack. I dont know if their guards are any good, but he would be an upgrade over just about 80% of the guards in the nfl now. With their running game he could clear some huge holes for an already great running game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What if they drafted Warmack. I dont know if their guards are any good, but he would be an upgrade over just about 80% of the guards in the nfl now. With their running game he could clear some huge holes for an already great running game.

#1 overall is exactly where Warmack deserves to be drafted. He's the best prospect in the entire draft.

That could be the makings of a pretty great OL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh. Both have two cent heads / decision making skills as far as I'm concerned, which automatically starts you off behind the 8-ball in my book, and their make-up would terrify me if I were a GM operating on the information I currently have as a fan, but my dislike for both isn't the same kind of thing. I don't (didn't) want either anywhere around or on this team, though. That's for sure.

LOL. So if you had to choose (no ands ifs or buts about it) whom would you choose between the two to play for your team? If your life depended on it.

Between Vontaze Burfict, Chris Henry, Pacman, Travis Henry, Adrian McPherson, Janoris Jenkins, who was the worse prospect ever you evaluated? (skill set aside, just their mindset and goals in life).

I need to be a bit more like you (not too much just a little)! At times I could be too lenient in giving young kids second chances in life.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowe contract 5 years, 50 million. $24 million guaranteed.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL. So if you had to choose (no ands ifs or buts about it) whom would you choose between the two to play for your team? If your life depended on it.

Between Vontaze Burfict, Chris Henry, Pacman, Travis Henry, Adrian McPherson, Janoris Jenkins, who was the worse prospect ever you evaluated? (skill set aside, just their mindset and goals in life).

I need to be a bit more like you (not too much just a little)! At times I could be too lenient in giving young kids second chances in life.

I'd choose Bowe. As for your second question and the parameters you gave me. Between just those players you named I'd probably go with Adam Jones.

You may be too lenient but I KNOW I'm very hard when building a profile on somebody, athletes specifically. I can be very hard on them with the words they use and the decisions and choices they make. Not that my opinion is worth two cents to begin with, though.

There's just some people I'd rather not advocate having around, doing business with, or winning games with regardless of how much they might be able to ball on the field.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd choose Bowe. As for your second question and the parameters you gave me. Between just those players you named I'd probably go with Adam Jones.

You may be too lenient but I KNOW I'm very hard when building a profile on somebody, athletes specifically. I can be very hard on them with the words they use and the decisions and choices they make. Not that my opinion is worth two cents to begin with, though.

There's just some people I'd rather not advocate having around, doing business with, or winning games with regardless of how much they might be able to ball on the field.

Damn Pozz. You're going to be a very strict father to your children. Wow. LOL. Some guys I hate, but talent alone would make me welcome them to our team if it means winning. Rodney Hampton many years ago. I wanted him as a FA if it meant defeating the Packers even though i despise all NY Giants players. Sam Montgomery is in that category this year after what he admitted - basically selling out on his teammates by not giving 100%. If it meant getting him in the 4th round, I might welcome him knowing that we can cut his behind in camp if we notice that he is once again slacking not giving it his all.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the salary cap is so tight these days - you can't pay everyone nor can you acquire everyone in FA that you want to. I agree that what's between the ears should be the first test every prospective Niner would have to pass. There's a lot of varying talent out there and there are a lot of teams willing to put athleticism and skills way ahead of mental makeup. And that's where I think our team has an advantage. From what I've heard it really seems like Harbaalke value the mental factor as priority #1. Granted they will give FAs like Moss and Jacobs a chance because there is no draft pick investment and no risk involved...they construct the contracts so they can cut their bad attitudes any time they want to. As for draft picks, I think they're willing to pass on a rookie Randy Moss once in a blue moon in favor of quality people. It's not as if teams really missed out on winning Super Bowls because they didn't get Randy Moss!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move by the Chiefs. They better hope Baldwin pans out. It will be interesting to see how well Alex throws these guys the deep ball. I know a lot of people on these boards seem to think Alex is incapable of effectively throwing the ball deep down the field.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by the Chiefs, Bowe has been their rock for a long time and he will end his career there most likely. This gives Alex two HUGE weapons on the outside with Bowe and Baldwin.

As for Culquitt, I don't think he is the best punter in the NFL. He is a very good punter but Andy Lee is better so I don't think he should be the highest paid punter.

I've actually heard that if they draft OLT with the #1 overall pick, this allows Albert to either slide in to LG where he might fit better or over to RT. They have loads of options now.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs new GM is making some moves here and people in Chiefs land are impressed so far.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That'd be a lot of money to pay a LG or a RT.

Not that I'd be against the idea if I were a Chiefs fan. Get the 5 best OL on the field as you can.

Chiefs new GM is making some moves here and people in Chiefs land are impressed so far.

I'm not. They traded for Alex Smith!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be a lot of money to pay a LG or a RT.

Not that I'd be against the idea if I were a Chiefs fan. Get the 5 best OL on the field as you can.

I'm not. They traded for Alex Smith!

The second highest paid member of the OL is the LG, I don't think it is too much money if you are great at it. Understand that Albert is only a solid/good OLT but he could be an exceptional OLG IMO.

I'm very impressed, Alex Smith is a HUGE upgrade at QB and the most that they can ask for. That was a really good move for them to go after him, the price being driven up by other teams but it is still a good move for them. The coach wanted Smith and figured that he would fit well into his system so he went and got him, they wouldn't have gotten Smith if Reid didn't think he could have success with him. I look for Alex to have possibly his best season statistically next season (maybe not QB rating and % but yards and TD's will be up).

The Chiefs should be much improved this coming season, I look for them to threaten for a playoff spot at the very least. They still have some holes to fill such as CB to play opposite Flowers, ILB, etc.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I meant if the Chiefs signed hm to a long-term deal it would be a hell of a lot of money for a non-LT. But like I said, I'm not against the idea. At the very least, playing for a year under the tag is well worth the money.

As far as Alex is concerned, yes it's a huge upgrade. That doesn't mean it's a good move. But making Alex the QB, they're essentially saying, "Getting to an AFC Championship game is the best we're going to possibly do, and that's all we want," Because Alex Smith will NEVER... ever win a SB.