• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bow down to Brooks

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Suns thought they were getting him for a part-season of Trevor Ariza? :scratch:

MVP.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you and DorianRo have a Freaky Friday thing going on? Because it feels like a "Denver is gonna win it all" thread is something you might do in a full heel turn (as if you hadn't been fancying yourself a full on heel already).

And "Bow down to Brooks" seems like a thing that would only come out of Dorian's mind.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillon Brooks or did Scott Brooks do something to make him relevant again? Both are irrelevant.

Dillon Brooks is averaging 11ppg and 2 rpg while shooting 33% and 25% from 3 and he is defending a guy that is getting 25, 11 and 4 on 51% shooting.

#trash

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillon Brooks or did Scott Brooks do something to make him relevant again? Both are irrelevant.

Dillon Brooks is averaging 11ppg and 2 rpg while shooting 33% and 25% from 3 and he is defending a guy that is getting 25, 11 and 4 on 51% shooting.

#trash
No, he’s not LeBron. Obviously.

But, as a former 45th overall pick and once considered by the Suns to be a throw-in for Trevor Ariza, “Villon” has carved out a damn good career…

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you and DorianRo have a Freaky Friday thing going on? Because it feels like a "Denver is gonna win it all" thread is something you might do in a full heel turn (as if you hadn't been fancying yourself a full on heel already).

And "Bow down to Brooks" seems like a thing that would only come out of Dorian's mind.
I was joking in mine, but screw it…

#BowDownToDorian

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I see. I didn’t know you made joking threads intentionally. Sometimes people have trouble with self-awareness.

"The media making me a villain, the fans making me a villain, that just creates another persona on me." --Brooks

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, as a former 45th overall pick and once considered by the Suns to be a throw-in for Trevor Ariza, “Villon” has carved out a damn good career…

He's slowly playing himself out of the league. He's a high volume shooter, terrible shot selection and terrible make percentage (39.6 FG%, 32.6 3PT% on 13.6 FGA/6 3PTA). His true shooting percentage for his career is currently lower than Tony Allen. He's a good defender, but not nearly good enough to make up for his detriments to the offense.

On top of that he's agitating the best players on the other teams motivating them to give their best shot against his teams every night. He's arguably a net negative on most nights he steps on the court. If you're going to be annoying, you better at least be an overall positive for your team. He's currently not.

There is no team in the playoffs right now that would be better with Dillon Brooks on their roster.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's slowly playing himself out of the league. He's a high volume shooter, terrible shot selection and terrible make percentage (39.6 FG%, 32.6 3PT% on 13.6 FGA/6 3PTA). His true shooting percentage for his career is currently lower than Tony Allen. He's a good defender, but not nearly good enough to make up for his detriments to the offense.

On top of that he's agitating the best players on the other teams motivating them to give their best shot against his teams every night. He's arguably a net negative on most nights he steps on the court. If you're going to be annoying, you better at least be an overall positive for your team. He's currently not.

There is no team in the playoffs right now that would be better with Dillon Brooks on their roster.
That effectively inconsistent style of play helped the Grizzlies win 52 games.

So they got a bad draw in Round 1… Doesn’t mean he’s not a winning ballplayer. And don’t give me the BS that he motivated LeBron to play better. Even at his age, 22 points last night was below average for LeBron.

Not sure that Pritchard has the balls to do it, but if the Pacers could get him for three years at $30 million, the more the merrier. Seriously, if teams by into the media propaganda that he’s the “dirty villain”, the Pacers should jump on that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they got a bad draw in Round 1… Doesn’t mean he’s not a winning ballplayer. And don’t give me the BS that he motivated LeBron to play better. -->Even at his age, 22 points last night was below average for LeBron.<--

Not sure that Pritchard has the balls to do it, but if the Pacers could get him for three years at $30 million, the more the merrier. Seriously, if teams by into the media propaganda that he’s the “dirty villain”, the Pacers should jump on that.

Do you always look for a reason to be overly critical of LeBron?

Instead of saying something silly like his 22 was well below his career playoff averaging how about acknowledging that the supporting cast stepped up? Reaves had 23. Russell had 17. Vanderbilt had 15. Schroder had 12. And they all shot well from the field.

He had 22/20/7 and 2 blocks with only one TO in 45 minutes. Stop being such a hater.

Nobody cares about the Pacers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they win 56 without him
So they got a bad draw in Round 1… Doesn’t mean he’s not a winning ballplayer. And don’t give me the BS that he motivated LeBron to play better. Even at his age, 22 points last night was below average for LeBron.
LOL yeah LeBron definitely had a subpar game last night, correct as always Cane. 22 points, a few rebounds, meaningless shots at the end of regulation. Dude's close to washed.
They really should.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a good role player but just not reliable on the offensive end especially as a starter. Plus, his shit talking, while it is more of an old schoo style, it isn't helping him and he seems to dwindle after he talks.
If you talk shit, back it up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This season he has an ORTG 102, DRTG 114 - of course that is guarding the best player or 2nd best player most nights. I don't buy this metric for his defensive efforts but I am buying it for his offensive woes. Like you said, he isn't a good offensive player-borderline rotational offensive player.

VORP -1.1
BPM -3.9
OBPM -3.4

Not into advanced stats but the eye tests says he is a bad offensive player. If he was Pat Bev, Tony Allen defensively with more size you could fork up money to pay the man...but he isn't great defensively. Very good-I'll buy that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not the actual player he's upsetting. You're not rattling Lebron. But when teammates hear the shit they're talking about their guy, you better believe its absolutely a team mission from there on out. You're giving the opposition bulletin board material and it does have an effect.

I sincerely, truly, hope that you do find a way to sign Dillon Brooks for an above average contract. You're much better off going after a guy like Donta DiVincenzo and giving him 3 yrs 40, than going anywhere near Dillon Brooks at 3 yrs 30M.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does it hurt to be that dumb?

Because it should.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when you said that I don't know anything about basketball then you make threads like this