• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bouwmeester

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR is like an unproven Rick Nash.

Rick Nash is like a proven Rick Nash.

I'll trade JvR any day for him.

Wouldn't it suck then when JVR proves he is a Rick Nash and you have a JVR but are paying him double the $? :tongue:

Also there is nothing wrong with exploring a players trade value, there is something wrong with making a dumb trade because you let another team set that value. All I was saying with looking at Schenn's value is it might bring in a good package to help us now, or it might even be the way to get another Great D-man(Suter), which we really needs now. I'd much rather trade an aging expensive player, but we all know NHL teams aren't really looking to absorb a ton of salary now, unless their coming out ahead on the trades(or need to hit the cap floor).

I could see one of our young players being moved this season, and logic points to Schenn at this point. Homer has put Giroux and JVR as the offensive corner stones with Richie and Carter gone. Cooter and Read have come in and absolutely killed it as members of the specialty teams. Simmonds has been everything we were missing in a power forward. The only other guy I could see them moving on the offensive side is Vorachek and I'm not sure what his value would even be now. Plus to bring anyone in they need to clear real cap space.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it suck then when JVR proves he is a Rick Nash and you have a JVR but are paying him double the $? :tongue:

Also there is nothing wrong with exploring a players trade value, there is something wrong with making a dumb trade because you let another team set that value. All I was saying with looking at Schenn's value is it might bring in a good package to help us now, or it might even be the way to get another Great D-man(Suter), which we really needs now. I'd much rather trade an aging expensive player, but we all know NHL teams aren't really looking to absorb a ton of salary now, unless their coming out ahead on the trades(or need to hit the cap floor).

I could see one of our young players being moved this season, and logic points to Schenn at this point. Homer has put Giroux and JVR as the offensive corner stones with Richie and Carter gone. Cooter and Read have come in and absolutely killed it as members of the specialty teams. Simmonds has been everything we were missing in a power forward. The only other guy I could see them moving on the offensive side is Vorachek and I'm not sure what his value would even be now. Plus to bring anyone in they need to clear real cap space.

i disagree.. logic points to jvr in my mind.. they just traded richards for schenn who, along with couturier, is support giroux as the cornerstone of the franchise.. i dont think the flyers would have traded richards unless they expected to get a 'cornerstone' piece in return (same w/ carter<> couturier).. the hope was that jvr would be a cornerstone piece, but thus far he hasn't been.. he's just as close to 'guy in need of a change of scenery' as he is to 'future cornerstone piece' in my mind.. at least in relation to schenn

i would also like to add that i would like to make a first round pick this year being that it's a deep draft

so in summary, i dont think there is a trade that will dramatically improve the team right now.. patience is the word (or if things continue along this road for a week or two more, a new coach)

believe me though, i'm not trying to say i want to trade jvr, just like you're not trying to say you want to trade schenn.. i just think jvr is the better option to move, if the right deal came around (though couturier or schenn will need to make the move to winger and enjoy success there haha)

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR is like an unproven Rick Nash.

Rick Nash is like a proven Rick Nash.

I'll trade JvR any day for him.

Only problem I have with Nash is he is 27. That sounds crazy, but he isnt a kid anymore.

Besides, Id rather go for Weber :D

Kimmo+Voracek for Weber. C'mon Nashville, he wont sign with you.