• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bourne in Dog House?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Mike Felger, Devonte parker is a favorite of Matt Patricia.

Hence, Patricia is pushing Mac Jones to throw to parker as often as possible. Every time Bourne shows up and plays well, it doesn't reflect well, especially with parker's poor play so far.

This causing problems in several areas. Patricia is calling passing plays on 3rd and 1 or 2 and Harris and Stevenson don't like it. It also slows down Patricia's play calling to Mac and yesterday Mac had to call two time outs because the play clock was winding down and matt was late getting the call in. Fact or fiction? Media speculation? Considering how well Bourne has been playing when given the chance, sounds completely logical.
Bourne is not a better receiver than Parker, not by a long shot IMO. Matty P calling in plays late, makes a lot sense to me. And we all know and BB has said if this does not work it's on him. If anyone is over rated in this team IMO it's Matty P

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bourne is not a better receiver than Parker, not by a long shot IMO. Matty P calling in plays late, makes a lot sense to me. And we all know and BB has said if this does not work it's on him. If anyone is over rated in this team IMO it's Matty P

Agree. After watching yesterday's game I came away with the feeling that we actually have all the necessary pieces on offense to be a very good team. I'm becoming a bit concerned about Mac as the long term solution at QB but am not giving up yet. I still believe Fat Matt could end up being a great OC but we're going to need to see vast improvements and soon. The "we're onto Cincinnati" game was week four of that season and the Pats were pretty solid from that point forward. I'll give pencil boy until week four before I start hating on him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. After watching yesterday's game I came away with the feeling that we actually have all the necessary pieces on offense to be a very good team. I'm becoming a bit concerned about Mac as the long term solution at QB but am not giving up yet. I still believe Fat Matt could end up being a great OC but we're going to need to see vast improvements and soon. The "we're onto Cincinnati" game was week four of that season and the Pats were pretty solid from that point forward. I'll give pencil boy until week four before I start hating on him.
Im not hating I just feel he was overrated when he was here before, I also feel is overrated now. But we will see.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to pre-hate in anticipation

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counted three.

Debatable, obviously.
He had a big play down the sidelines defending to the left. Got his hand in on the arm so the guy couldn't squeeze it.

Then he made a play on a guy cutting across the field that was going to be a big play.

Then he batted the ball the Kearse was going to score on and still had the presence of mind to get up and push him out of bounds after he still caught it. That is almost 2 big plays by itself as Harmon who had overrun the ball in the air was standing watching.

Then there was the big one.

Against Philly, all he needed to make was one play. I don't care how many teams moved on from him since, he was money then.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a big play down the sidelines defending to the left. Got his hand in on the arm so the guy couldn't squeeze it.

Then he made a play on a guy cutting across the field that was going to be a big play.

Then he batted the ball the Kearse was going to score on and still had the presence of mind to get up and push him out of bounds after he still caught it. That is almost 2 big plays by itself as Harmon who had overrun the ball in the air was standing watching.

Against Philly, all he needed to make was one play. I don't care how many teams moved on from him since, he was money then.
First off. there's no "this would've happened if that didn't happen" unless your crystal ball is better than the rest of ours. Second, he doesn't get credit for almost making the Kearse play, especially since we don't know what the next guy would have done on that play. Third, Harmon wasn't standing and watching, he actually jumped over Kearse on the ground. Harmon was there and likely would have pushed Kearse out of bounds had the pass not been grazed.

Scrapper played great considering his experience. He was in there because the coaches saw the situation on the field matched his preparation and he came through. My guess is the early Malcolm Butler did exactly what the coaches asked so they trusted him. It was a formula that worked well for a lot of DBs that went through that system. Later he dropped that dedication and the coaches lost faith.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no guarantee he would have, or even could have made any play in that game, especially if there is any truth to the rumor that he had to be carried into the hotel in the wee hours of the morning.

Regardless of how he played previously.

On the flip side, the game may have been out of reach for the Pats if he had been on the field instead of coming down to the last hail Mary...