• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bourne in Dog House?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's a trick he learned from BB. Even Moss was in the dog house for being late.

In a snow storm.

Difference is Bill is respected because he earned the respect. I'd be willing to bet $20 that nobody was ever late for Dante's meetings.

Fat Matt should've learned in Detroit that you gotta earn it first.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read lots of reasons for his "benching". One I thought was interesting was that Bourne was vocal about the offense and his displeasure of where it was going.
And then he was late, which Patricia used as an excuse.

Pure conjecture, of course, but if you're going to complain about your immediate boss, don't give him any ammo.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be other punishments that can be applied individually to players that deserve it without hurting the team overall, especially when help is needed on the field.

This whole “in the doghouse” narrative is maddening. Do other teams do this so blatantly? Screw the doghouse and put your best players on the field.

Seems like a control-freak type thing for coaches to show who’s in charge and feel better about themselves.

I mean, it could be argued that the doghouse BS puts other players at risk of injury for not having the weapons needed on the field. Bourne was Mac’s best receiver last year.

Last edited:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be other punishments that can be applied individually to players that deserve it without hurting the team overall, especially when help is needed on the field.

This whole “in the doghouse” narrative is maddening. Do other teams do this so blatantly? Screw the doghouse and put your best players on the field.

Seems like a control-freak type thing for coaches to show who’s in charge and feel better about themselves.

I mean, it could be argued that the doghouse BS puts other players at risk of injury for not having the weapons needed on the field. Bourne was Mac’s best receiver last year.

I sorta agree, particularly with this current version of the Patriots, but not entirely. BB certainly has an affinity for all things military and this philosophy/discipline of "show up on time or fuck off" certainly has a military "feeling" to it. That said, when you have a team loaded with leadership guys and champions like Bruschi, Brady, Wilfork, Brown, Harrison, Law, McGinest, Slater, and on and on and on it's probably a lot easier to get the team to buy in when you have those guys leading by example every single day and it's probably a great philosophy under those circumstances. I mean, if Brady is on time every day then you sure as hell better be. But with this team? I'll go along with what you're saying.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta agree, particularly with this current version of the Patriots, but not entirely. BB certainly has an affinity for all things military and this philosophy/discipline of "show up on time or fuck off" certainly has a military "feeling" to it. That said, when you have a team loaded with leadership guys and champions like Bruschi, Brady, Wilfork, Brown, Harrison, Law, McGinest, Slater, and on and on and on it's probably a lot easier to get the team to buy in when you have those guys leading by example every single day and it's probably a great philosophy under those circumstances. I mean, if Brady is on time every day then you sure as hell better be. But with this team? I'll go along with what you're saying.
Agree for the reasons you mention. This is not a Pats team that can have the luxury of putting most productive players in doghouse.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you all just admit, this team is fucked from the Head Coach to the Gatorade girl.

Nothing is correct. Without changing something, it's just going to get worse.

Excuses are unacceptable. That's all we hear.

There are no acceptable reasons.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah let's bench a productive member of the offense.
Way to go "coach".
I was in an interview with my young boss while in Okinawa.
He gave me a glowing assesment of my work and then asked if I had any comments onhis leadership.
I replied, "yes. sir" He was shocked.
I then explained that he, like me, had a shit list.
The difference between my leadership and his was that I always left a way to get off the shit list.
I recommended that he find a way to let people that got on your shitlist to get off.
Mine was to work your way off. Show an effort!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you all just admit, this team is fucked from the Head Coach to the Gatorade girl.

Nothing is correct. Without changing something, it's just going to get worse.

Excuses are unacceptable. That's all we hear.

There are no acceptable reasons.
I agree, the entire team should be in playoff form by game 1.

I'd be a fool not to see this team isn't showing issues and as a rule analyze performances with the adage "the trend is your friend", and this trend is not encouraging. But it's game one and trends can change. Mid-season is the time to be looking up for pieces of the sky.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand coaches need a modicum of control, but we're talking about grown men. They don't need to be controlled.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or they aren't what they ever were... I always thought 25 year-olds were quite responsible, that is until I passed 25.
I has a rough sleep the other night.
Kept thinking of the past. I got a lot of things right!
Then I started to think aboit my mistakes!

If Satan ever tries to remind you of your past, remind him of his future and tell him to go straight to Hell!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I has a rough sleep the other night.
Kept thinking of the past. I got a lot of things right!
Then I started to think aboit my mistakes!

If Satan ever tries to remind you of your past, remind him of his future and tell him to go straight to Hell!
The key to mistakes is to learn from them while forgetting about them at the same time. To forget and not learn is a recipe to continually repeat your mistakes. To learn and not forget is a recipe for never appreciating where you have progressed and probably keep you miserable.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand coaches need a modicum of control, but we're talking about grown men. They don't need to be controlled.

Physically grown men, yes, but in my 51 year old mind they're all children still.

To reiterate a point I was making before, guys like Dante and Bill command respect but guys like Matt and Joe have not reached that point yet so they shouldn't try to be Bill or Dante.