• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bounty Hunting

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New Orleans game made me wonder. No more (cash) bounties but the hit on Mayo was vicious. No need to bury the helmet into the chest. Was the hit on Amendola not vicious? Tough, legal hits are fair game but by my thinking, they were trying to take people out when they got the chance.....

Am I the only one wondering???

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New Orleans game made me wonder. No more (cash) bounties but the hit on Mayo was vicious. No need to bury the helmet into the chest. Was the hit on Amendola not vicious? Tough, legal hits are fair game but by my thinking, they were trying to take people out when they got the chance.....

I too thought about that, but as you pointed out the hits appeared to be legal question is were they really required? I understand it's a physical game but there should be some mutual respect from both teams, that is not always the case. Seems that most safeties don't tackle they hit which IMO causes most problems.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO way they were doing anything even remotely close to bounty hunting.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO way they were doing anything even remotely close to bounty hunting.

Bounty Hunting may indeed be the wrong use of words, but it does look like some of the hits may have been excessive with the intent to injur. But that is the nature of the game, it's violent and players will always get hurt.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then, a cautionary note - talking about bounties with reference to the Saints is like talking about spying with reference to the Pats - it's a serious trigger for their fans, and worth the effort to avoid unless you're intentionally riling them up.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then, a cautionary note - talking about bounties with reference to the Saints is like talking about spying with reference to the Pats - it's a serious trigger for their fans, and worth the effort to avoid unless you're intentionally riling them up.

I guess, Spygate has no affect on me, we did it, we got caught, we got punished and we need to move on. Being bothered by it seems irrational to me.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking a filming rule while engaging in a regularly performed aspect of NFL coaching is not nearly the equivalent of viciously trying to end a players career. Not sure the two equate.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were nothing out of the ordinary.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking about bounties with reference to the Saints is like talking about spying with reference to the Pats

Except that this is not a thread where folks are discussing Patriot staff with cameras in the wrong location last weekend. If that was the case, it would be fair game to bring up spygate. This thread is not re-hashing the past.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking a filming rule while engaging in a regularly performed aspect of NFL coaching is not nearly the equivalent of viciously trying to end a players career. Not sure the two equate.

Matters not the bottom line is both teams cheated in order to secure success, both teams got busted, and both teams payed the cost. People both team and non team supporters need to move past it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matters not the bottom line is both teams cheated in order to secure success, both teams got busted, and both teams payed the cost. People both team and non team supporters need to move past it.

:agree: yet not Patriots basher will ever do this

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never crossed my mind at all.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team did anything most of the league didn't do. Both were scapegoats made an example out of.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team did anything most of the league didn't do. Both were scapegoats made an example out of.

I think this is pretty accurate, Gruden even said as it relates to Spygate that he knew this was a common practice. What the Saints did was maliciously hurt players that's just not cool. But again they did the crime, served the time, water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was never any evidence of dirty hits, though. There weren't even more that were "questionable" than pretty much anyone else.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The hit on Mayo was vicious? Which hit? Mayo plays D. What are you talking about?

Amendola is just fragile. The hit started with the shoulder.

BS on the bounty stuff.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit on Mayo was vicious? Which hit? Mayo plays D. What are you talking about?

BS on the bounty stuff.

Oh hell here we go again. TKO

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS on the bounty stuff.

I raised the question about the viciousness of the hits. I apologize, I should not raise questions.
I'm growing tired of Pats fans attacking each other. If you have a better post, get busy.
I stated my concerns. You disagree. This could get really boring if you do not have an original thought of your own. I encourage you to post on your own.