• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston gets caught cheating yet again. Some things never change

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! And playing Devil's advocate, IF...IF he wasn't aware it looks bad because as manager you SHOULD be aware
Remember Kids, crime doesn't pay
dc5f94189679e3899853e1c21a6a03fb.jpg

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact he claims he knew they were trying to steal signs but didn't know they were using technology and he would've put a stop to it if he had. Yeah, right....so all of the sudden the players are taking advantage of timeouts to go talk to the assistant fucking trainer who is standing right there in the fucking dugout with you and you had no idea what was going on? OK, so you're either a giant liar or a giant idiot. Probably both. Idiot.

Meanwhile in Cleveland and Arizona...

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These driveling reports are just whining without the cheese. They act like Boston is the only team that has the brains to use technology. These players all know each other and they have Twitter accounts. Nobody is fooling anybody but somebody in "New York" thinks it's going to matter to the viewership/circulation.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These driveling reports are just whining without the cheese. They act like Boston is the only team that has the brains to use technology. These players all know each other and they have Twitter accounts. Nobody is fooling anybody but somebody in "New York" thinks it's going to matter to the viewership/circulation.
Not sure I would commend the Red Sox for their intelligence in this

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would commend the Red Sox for their intelligence in this
Well if they are cheating and got caught, then the penalty will be ... um ... discussed in the off-season, I suppose. But I am hard-pressed to think the other 29 teams are saying, 'Whoa, we aren't gonna cheat but we know Boston will. So I guess we are just fucked because, after all, WE ARE morally secure in knowing we're honest."

Otherwise, I think this is another bullshit yarn coming out of some New Yorker's fantasy. Until i am proven wrong, I stick to that opinion.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they are cheating and got caught, then the penalty will be ... um ... discussed in the off-season, I suppose. But I am hard-pressed to think the other 29 teams are saying, 'Whoa, we aren't gonna cheat but we know Boston will. So I guess we are just fucked because, after all, WE ARE morally secure in knowing we're honest."

Otherwise, I think this is another bullshit yarn coming out of some New Yorker's fantasy. Until i am proven wrong, I stick to that opinion.
I'm not sure how this is a response to what I posted, but okay.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Doug Fister’s outing Friday at Yankee Stadium in a 4-1 Red Sox win, the Yankees went to MLB with a complaint about what they thought to be an earpiece -- some sort of impermissible audio device -- that Fister was using, baseball sources with knowledge of the complaint told CSNNE.

The purported audio device was a mouthguard that Fister was wearing wrapped around his ear.

Red Sox feel Yankees going out of their way to harrass them

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When this micky mouse stuff happens the teams usually hash it out among themselves. It rarely gets to the commissioner's office. New York filed a complaint, ironically when Manfred was visiting Boston. Then Boston being Boston, they filed a complaint against NY. Which is the baseball equivalent of quitting after you are fired

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe a major league baseball team tried to steal a sign.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Doug Fister’s outing Friday at Yankee Stadium in a 4-1 Red Sox win, the Yankees went to MLB with a complaint about what they thought to be an earpiece -- some sort of impermissible audio device -- that Fister was using, baseball sources with knowledge of the complaint told CSNNE.

The purported audio device was a mouthguard that Fister was wearing wrapped around his ear.

Red Sox feel Yankees going out of their way to harrass them

LOL!! Girardi is still salty after the Sox busted Pineda with a quarter ounce of pine tar on his neck.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's part of the game," Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia said. "Our adjustment to that stuff is: go out to the mound and change the signs. ... It's been around a long, long time. We were doing that at Douglass Jr. High School [in Woodland, California] where I played. So, I don't think this should be news to everybody."

Yes, Yes it is Pedey. However........ Not using an apple watch to do it....

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's part of the game," Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia said. "Our adjustment to that stuff is: go out to the mound and change the signs. ... It's been around a long, long time. We were doing that at Douglass Jr. High School [in Woodland, California] where I played. So, I don't think this should be news to everybody."

Yes, Yes it is Pedey. However........ Not using an apple watch to do it....
There's no justifying what they did. They're stupid idiots.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no justifying what they did. They're stupid idiots.

That they are..... Clearly didn't help them either. lol, so clearly they were cheating but not doing it right, haha

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! Girardi is still salty after the Sox busted Pineda with a quarter ounce of pine tar on his neck.

man, you'd think Girardi was Paul O'Neill.