• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bossmanpc

kcme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thank you from Bossman's wife

Hello all of Bossman's SportsHoopla friends,
I just wanted you all to know that Steve often mentioned his close friends and fellow hockey fans on SportsHoopla. He loved his position as a mod and took it very seriously as you know, I think it totally improved the quality of his life. The fellowship you gave him enriched his days and made him feel connected at those times when travel or family were not at hand. You were all his extended family, he often would tell me he was concerned over this one or that one who had reached out to him. You were never far from his thoughts,( even when we were visiting the Brian and his family)
I know his last days were spent looking for a new car in hopes of driving to see his sister and her new husband. Weather conditions canceled flights out of Buffalo so he never made it to her wedding, which greatly upset him.
I'm hoping he will still be looking out for me and whispering council in my ear when he sees me going astray.
Thank you all for your kind words, you will never know how much reading your comments has meant to our family. Knowing how highly you thought of him touched our hearts.
Cindy

PS: GO SABRES. for one of your most faithful fans who now watches from his cloud. :lol:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted you all to know that Steve often mentioned his close friends and fellow hockey fans on SportsHoopla. He loved his position as a mod and took it very seriously as you know, I think it totally improved the quality of his life. The fellowship you gave him enriched his days and made him feel connected at those times when travel or family were not at hand. You were all his extended family, he often would tell me he was concerned over this one or that one who had reached out to him. You were never far from his thoughts,( even when we were visiting the Brian and his family)
I know his last days were spent looking for a new car in hopes of driving to see his sister and her new husband. Weather conditions canceled flights out of Buffalo so he never made it to her wedding, which greatly upset him.
I'm hoping he will still be looking out for me and whispering council in my ear when he sees me going astray.
Thank you all for your kind words, you will never know how much reading your comments has meant to our family. Knowing how highly you thought of him touched our hearts.
Cindy

PS: GO SABRES. for one of your most faithful fans who now watches from his cloud. :lol:

Thoughts & prayers to you & all your family, lovely lady!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts and Prayers to you and your loved ones.

:rip:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just got all choked up again (and I don't think I'm alone).

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cindy

I only knew him a few months and I'm getting choked up at work reading this post. :bawling:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not alone. I think it's going to be a little while before everyone gets over this. A sad day for all who knew him one way or another. A couple years ago when Jeff Sly and I went to Philly for a Bruins game where we met quite a few SportsHoopla members. Driving home the next day we talked about another road trip like that, maybe to Buffalo so we could meet Boss. Boss and I talked on the phone about seeing a game or more together with other SportsHoopla members. I'm saddened knowing I'll never get to make that trip.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cindy

We were blessed to have his presence here. Man, this made my eyes water up... RIP Boss.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all our thoughts Cindy. if Boss could make a bunch of hockey geeks like us care for him as much as we do without ever meeting him Im guessing we REALLY missed out sitting down with him.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read allot of these posts and feel like I could have written them because I feel the same exact way. Last night before I turned the lights off I was re-reading Steve's PMs to me (the last was making sure I was aware that he'd be gone for his sister's wedding) and it hit me how I wish I had taken as much of a personal interest in him as he had in others.
At the risk of sounding melodramatic or profound here, I will say that Steve has inspired me to do the right thing in a difficult family situation.

The banner is perfect, Elo. :suds: I think Steve would be really impressed with the outpouring of concern from a bunch of guys who don't typically come here for that.

This is exactly what is really getting to me. I would ask how he was doing and he would answer but you could tell he was wanting to focus on others over himself. Reading about other peoples Bossman stories is showing me more and more how good of a man he was. I keep saying over and over how I wish I had taken his offer and gave him a ring. I felt like he was just being a nice guy but now I see he really meant it and I sure could have used his company at times.

I didn't see this coming but now that he is gone, reading how others felt about him too, I really think this whole situation is going to help me become more like Steve and ultimately a better person. He may be gone physically but his spirit lives in all he touched. I owe it to him to be more like him and I am proud to be able to call him my friend.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cindy

Classy post.
SportsHoopla family stand with you in you're tough time

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It took me another 5 minutes to be able to type.

Bossman will be missed, many here had greater relationships with Steve than I ever did, I can say from our brief conversations and jokes, here and in the swamp; It wasn't very hard to figure him as being a class act. The world is worse off without him.

Kind Regards to the family, I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Tom

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all the Ranger, Blackhawk, Lightning, King, & Laker fans, Steve was the one who helped me setup those banners. He was always very helpful and never seemed to mind me spamming up his inbox with my questions & requests. He was a great guy, I will sincerely miss him. Really sad that he's gone.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to honor Bossman IMO is to start acting like Bossman. Whenever I encounter a negative situation on Sportshoopla I think Ill ask myself "what would Bossman do?" If we all have that attitude Sportshoopla could be the best message board on the internet. Must say he was a very classy guy, really a shame & a loss that we don't have him anymore, but if we all try to be like Bossman when we post then maybe we won't miss him so much. Anyways, I can't think of a better way to honor him.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cindy

God bless and I hope u know his SportsHoopla family is mourning coast to coast!:bawling:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to honor Bossman IMO is to start acting like Bossman. Whenever I encounter a negative situation on Sportshoopla I think Ill ask myself "what would Bossman do?" If we all have that attitude Sportshoopla could be the best message board on the internet. Must say he was a very classy guy, really a shame & a loss that we don't have him anymore, but if we all try to be like Bossman when we post then maybe we won't miss him so much. Anyways, I can't think of a better way to honor him.

Wow, very well said, Doobee. :suds: Those are big shoes to fill but I think Steve would be honored to know that we all were inspired by him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, very well said, Doobee. :suds: Those are big shoes to fill but I think Steve would be honored to know that we all were inspired by him.

Thank you sir, way I see it, the thing that made Bossman so special was that he was a genuinely nice guy who made everyone feel welcome. Maybe we could all strive to be like him. I know I will from now on.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP bossman

You will be missed

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post much here much anymore...for personal reasons. I met Boss years ago at the swamp...I called myself Rick_Tocchet and he was, of course, the Boss. He always treated me fairly, kindly, and listened to what I had to say. I always appreciated that. I just want to pay my respects to Boss and his family. See you all soon.