• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosh Spurns Rockets, Is Returning to Miami

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

ESPN said:
All-Star center Chris Bosh has agreed to return to the Miami Heat on a five-year, $118 million contract, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The Houston Rockets also were in the hunt for Bosh, but the free agent has told them he is returning to Miami, sources said.

Bosh opted out of the final two years of his deal -- worth $42 million -- with the Heat last month. He had planned to see what former Miami teammate LeBron James decided before making his free-agent choice. Earlier Friday, James told SI.com that he would be leaving the Heat to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Rockets thought they were nearing a deal for Bosh, with a source close to the situation telling ESPN.com's Marc Stein earlier Friday that the team believed it would have a commitment "soon."

Houston had offered him a maximum four-year, $88 million deal, sources said. It cleared out cap space by trading guard Jeremy Lin and a future first-round pick to the Los Angeles Lakers earlier Friday, a source said.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this coming but it make sense. Right now the Bulls and Spurs are fighting for Gasol, wonder if the Heat would join the race.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are dipshits to offer him that much.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly for Bosh it's all about the money at this point in his career. He could have contended for titles and likely added some mileage to his career in Houston. He will continue to get beating down in Miami though unless they get some front court help for him.

Hard to know how to feel about this deal. He likes Miami so it's good he is going to stay, but it was also pretty clear Miami was not going to max him if Lebron stayed. This is a pretty clear panic mode move by the Heat. I really think Bosh should have told them to shove it and went to Houston, but at this point in his career it's very likely his last big contract. Max dollars and an extra 30m is hard to turn down.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly for Bosh it's all about the money at this point in his career. He could have contended for titles and likely added some mileage to his career in Houston. He will continue to get beating down in Miami though unless they get some front court help for him.

Hard to know how to feel about this deal. He likes Miami so it's good he is going to stay, but it was also pretty clear Miami was not going to max him if Lebron stayed. This is a pretty clear panic mode move by the Heat. I really think Bosh should have told them to shove it and went to Houston, but at this point in his career it's very likely his last big contract. Max dollars and an extra 30m is hard to turn down.

Bosh stayed be him and his wife love the city of miami.. Unlike lebron Cleveland dump town is always be his 1st home. Miami over payed him... But i guess with that extra money... Why not... They can still add a few good players... Maybe not be a contender but enough to compete with lebron and his baby cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are dipshits to offer him that much.

It's the market. The Rockets were going to offer him a max as well. Bosh will actually get to play at a position he's natural at. We'll see what Miami's roster looks like.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna say that my friend told me reason bosh took Miami is he loves it there and he's not a fan of Dwight lol nobody is I guess

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells you how fucked up Houston's management is. First they turn down Parson's cheap option making him a RFA. Then they refuse to resign him for market value before teams can start bidding on him. Then the try for Melo when there was very little chance, if any, of him going there. Then they decide to overpay for Bosh as plan B & send away two 1st round picks in two separate salary dumps. Finally they let Parsons signs a near max tender with Dal & lose out on Bosh who never really wanted to go there in the first place.

So instead of having Parsons on the team for 1yr/$3 mil or 4yr/$30 mil, they are now forced to pay $46.08MM over three years just to keep him. Well at least they cleared enough space now to resigning him by sending away those two 1st round picks.:L

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It couldn't happen to a better guy.

For all the LEBRON hate and love bickering, most people can agree on disliking Dwight.

The DWIGHTMARE is about 1000 times worse than any "decision" or "indecision".

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells you how fucked up Houston's management is. First they turn down Parson's cheap option making him a RFA. Then they refuse to resign him for market value before teams can start bidding on him. Then the try for Melo when there was very little chance, if any, of him going there. Then they decide to overpay for Bosh as plan B & send away two 1st round picks in two separate salary dumps. Finally they let Parsons signs a near max tender with Dal & lose out on Bosh who never really wanted to go there in the first place.

So instead of having Parsons on the team for 1yr/$3 mil or 4yr/$30 mil, they are now forced to pay $46.08MM over three years just to keep him. Well at least they cleared enough space now to resigning him by sending away those two 1st round picks.:L

Good analysis and very true. My opinion is Houston will be a constant mid conference team for the next few years, struggling to get out of the first round each year, and then start to crumble again.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this coming but it make sense. Right now the Bulls and Spurs are fighting for Gasol, wonder if the Heat would join the race.

I heard Gasol turned down a 2 year 20 million deal from the lakers. I hope the bulls dont pay that much with Taj, Noah and Mirotic already in play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Gasol turned down a 2 year 20 million deal from the lakers. I hope the bulls dont pay that much with Taj, Noah and Mirotic already in play.

Why?
Aren't you tired of losing in the first round?
The money will take care of itself.
If you overspend, then pay the luxury tax.

This next CBA/ lockout in 2016 is going to be real interesting.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?
Aren't you tired of losing in the first round?
The money will take care of itself.
If you overspend, then pay the luxury tax.

This next CBA/ lockout in 2016 is going to be real interesting.

Dont think Gasol makes that difference. We havent had a 2 guard since Jordan, so another big guy wont get us anywhere when most are figuring Gasol needs to play low 20 minutes per nite. Thibbs only plays guys he doesnt like 20 minutes a nite, its either benched or 40 minutes for 5 guys in a 20 point blowout.

Yes, the lockout is gonna be real interesting. With that money being thrown around for the clippers sale at 2 billion that DOES NOT include the staples center, players will want more and owners are gonna want some control of players dictating business between july 1 and july 10.

This Bosh thing, maybe he becomes a higher option and stops settling for shot scraps. I knew Bosh would have gotten a max contract from somebody, didnt think it would be the heat.

I would rather see Wade come home to chicago than gasol though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are pretty much done with Gasol and probably vice versa. He is seriously misguided if he thinks he is going to get much more than the offer the Lakes gave him. Bosh took a different route than just the money. He has his rings and he'll get well paid in Miami but he is beginning to see that there are other important things in life than just the money.

Houston is now the franchise with maximum douchology at play. Their buffoonery has already been documented in previous posts and the FO continues to be a lightning rod for those sorts of activities. I am not sure anyone likes playing with the supreme narcissist D. Howard. I don't see many championships in their future.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for Bosh as he seems to be a good dude, but a max contract for him after losing Lebron is idiotic.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They lost Lin and Asik too. They swung for and missed on both Melo and Bosh, making it seem like nobody wants to play with Harden and Howard, with their respective "no-defense" and "Dwightmare" reputations. They got played by Melo and Bosh, who just used Houston to get more money on contracts with other teams. Houston looked desperate and heartless with the photoshopping of Melo in Lin's jersey. There are no remaining superstar free agents left on the market for them to pick up. So, next season, the Rockets are paying more money for a worse roster (basically the same one, minus Lin and Asik), that only got them to a first-round exit. This free agency period has been a disaster for supposed "genius" manager Daryl Morey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost Lin and Asik too. They swung for and missed on both Melo and Bosh, making it seem like nobody wants to play with Harden and Howard, with their respective "no-defense" and "Dwightmare" reputations. They got played by Melo and Bosh, who just used Houston to get more money on contracts with other teams. Houston looked desperate and heartless with the photoshopping of Melo in Lin's jersey. There are no remaining superstar free agents left on the market for them to pick up. So, next season, the Rockets are paying more money for a worse roster (basically the same one, minus Lin and Asik), that only got them to a first-round exit. This free agency period has been a disaster for supposed "genius" manager Daryl Morey.

And yet don't you love how some on here are blaming Lebron for not telling everyone sooner he wanted to leave the Heat? Yet it's totally cool how Melo and Bosh have been screwing over teams left and right by not being more upfront and honest.

It's like people don't understand how free agency works. It's always in the players best interest to keep multiple options open because once they make a final decisions that's it. On the flip side you always have to be pushing to make moves and take risk as an organization to improve yourself. Houston took a big gamble this offseason and came out losers. I guarantee you though they would do it again because the risk would have been worth the reward.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the market. The Rockets were going to offer him a max as well. Bosh will actually get to play at a position he's natural at. We'll see what Miami's roster looks like.

I really don't understand why anyone is willing to Bosh that much. You must admit that he doesn't have much to offer to justify a max contract. GM's are dumb and overpay for talent all the time, it doesn't make it a smart move. Heat fans will see how bad Riley is as a GM with Lebron gone now.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L:L:L is the only sentiment I can express about Houston's incompetence.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why anyone is willing to Bosh that much. You must admit that he doesn't have much to offer to justify a max contract. GM's are dumb and overpay for talent all the time, it doesn't make it a smart move. Heat fans will see how bad Riley is as a GM with Lebron gone now.

I think bottom line, if Melo and LeBron did not opt out he would have been the #1 free agent out there and would have gotten 5 max deal offers.

Bosh is a nice player. He scored 20, boarded 10 in Toronto where he was the man. My question is will he have fallen out of love with the three ball and not be Josh Smith.

Highly doubt Bosh will make it to year 5 in Miami. All Houston could have offered was the max, since he did not sign in miami for the max. He needed to accept that and then allow Houston to try to do a sign and trade with miami to get some picks back. Sounds like he enjoys the celebrity lifestyle in miami.