• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Borland should replace Wilhoite when Wills gets back

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid has been flat out electrifying he is always around the ball and just seems to make plays, Wilhoite has filled in admirably but he is not a difference maker. I hope they let him play next to Willis, I think it would be an awesome duo.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36+ tackles in 2 games makes me agree...Borland is a beast heat seeking missle. I love it. Although our injuries have been massive, it's a blessing in disguise. Not sure we ever would have known what we had in Borland or Lynch. We've got serious gamers. Borland (albeit a little premature), reminds me of a couple 5 foot nothin, a hundred and nothin Saints LB's back in the day that were some of the best in the game back in the day. Mesureables...not do much...in game...warriors.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of Zach Thomas when I think of Borland. He could end up being that type of player for us.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys don't think Borland's height and speed limitations will eventually end up capping him out?
Good teams will find ways to exploit him.

Do you really think he can be an elite LB like Willis in his prime or Bowman?

Don't get me wrong, I like him as as the backup 3rd LB behind a healthy Willis and healthy Bowman.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't think Borland's height and speed limitations will eventually end up capping him out?

Don't get me wrong, I like him as as the backup 3rd LB behind a healthy Willis and healthy Bowman.

And Russell Wilson is too short to ever start an NFL game, amirite?

When are people just gonna accept that greatness is greatness? It's plainly apparent to everyone that's ever seen Chris Borland play that he is special. He's going to be a dominant player in this league for a long time.

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the right role I think Borland can thrive, he will never be able to cover guys like Garham and Thomas but then again most LB's cant either. He is beastly against the run and looks promising as a situational blitzer. I have yet to see his lack of speed hurt him in a game mostly it has been mental, blowing a coverage or misreading the QB/diagnosing the play. What I love about him is his instincts he doesn't hesitate and he just flows to the ball makes a textbook tackle and goes on about his business. He will never have the physical gifts like Keuchly or Bowman but he is a Football player to the T.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aren't you guys being too simplistic? remember that Borland is currently playing Willis' spot at LB and Wilhoite is playing @ Bowman's spot. Although both are inside LB positions, the resposibilities and the techniques are not necessary the same. When Willis gets back, he will replace Borland's position and Borland needs to prove he can take the other ILB before he can replace Wilhoite.. It's never as simple as plug and play.. Maybe he can or maybe he can't but until he can prove in practice that he understands and can perform in the other ILB, it is still Wilhoite position to lose...

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you guys being too simplistic? remember that Borland is currently playing Willis' spot at LB and Wilhoite is playing @ Bowman's spot. Although both are inside LB positions, the resposibilities and the techniques are not necessary the same. When Willis gets back, he will replace Borland's position and Borland needs to prove he can take the other ILB before he can replace Wilhoite.. It's never as simple as plug and play.. Maybe he can or maybe he can't but until he can prove in practice that he understands and can perform in the other ILB, it is still Wilhoite position to lose...

When Willis is healthy he should take Bow's spot and Borland would take over Willis', I understand the difference in the responsibilities they have, One LB is focused on run support and the other is more of a space player cleaning up tackles and covering TE's and RB's who leak out as pass options. I am simply stating that I think Borland>>>>>>>Wilhoite at this point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bottom line is good to know Borland has started off well, he isn't a bust. He's far from "overall" as already noted, but he certainly has instincts AND movements to the runner.

the ILB spots will shake out for what's best, place the current best at their best spots. Even if Borland moves back to the bench due to Willis, keep Borland at his best spot.

intended to watch Borland particularly shedding straight on "road grade" blocking, but didn't catch any. :-(

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid has been flat out electrifying he is always around the ball and just seems to make plays, Wilhoite has filled in admirably but he is not a difference maker. I hope they let him play next to Willis, I think it would be an awesome duo.

Borland and Lynch have both been pleasant surprises

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bowman might be back before Willis. Rumor has it Willis might be out another 2-3 weeks and Bowman should be back by week 10-11. It will be close between he 2. I do agree Borland over wilhoite

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, but Willis was taking Bowman's spot. Willis can play either position.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like we are going to see alot of Borland, whether you like it or not. :-)

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been good filling in for Willis. But teams also haven't been game planning for him like they would be doing for Willis/Bowman. I expect his number to decline as time goes on.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Boreland have a history of shoulder injuries, though? Isnt that one of the reasons that he fell to us in the draft (on top of his height and speed).

He MAY be a stud, but how long will he hold up, physically?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He does look really small out there but it doesn't seem to effect his play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland has showed he can tackle but his coverage is not good. That's his weakness.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2