• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boone skipping voluntary workouts

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We should put him on the banner, just to be sure he will be gone:lol:

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has a shitty attitude and is going about his contract the wrong way.

Source: 49ers RG Alex Boone will skip voluntary workouts; open to trade - SFGate

It's like he doesn't realize that holding out looks bad and the way he played last year did not deserve a new contract. He was horrible the first half of the season and wasn't a ton better later.

When the terms of him ending his hold out mentioned that the team can't place the franchise tag on him, I laughed. As if the team wanted to give him that tag lol.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like he doesn't realize that holding out looks bad and the way he played last year did not deserve a new contract. He was horrible the first half of the season and wasn't a ton better later.

When the terms of him ending his hold out mentioned that the team can't place the franchise tag on him, I laughed. As if the team wanted to give him that tag lol.

Exactly. I don't fault a player seeking a contract extension. Still, the player is under contract and should show up and honor his committment. While these camps are not required, it demonstrates he doesn't really give a damn and he really is hurting himself. If he shows up to these functions, works and practices hard, and has a really good season, other teams will be more likely to give him a better deal if the 49ers aren't willing to extend him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has a shitty attitude and is going about his contract the wrong way.

Source: 49ers RG Alex Boone will skip voluntary workouts; open to trade - SFGate

I think Boone will be the first of many to want out. Mangement's foolishness along with unexpected retirements and bungled free agency has decimated this team from the coaching staff all the way down the roster.

They have amateur coaching, no DBs, no LBs, no RBs, very few DLs, a porous O Line. Its going to be a disaster of Titanic proportions and like the Titanic, people are going to want to get off.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boone will be the first of many to want out. Mangement's foolishness along with unexpected retirements and bungled free agency has decimated this team from the coaching staff all the way down the roster.

They have amateur coaching, no DBs, no LBs, no RBs, very few DLs, a porous O Line. Its going to be a disaster of Titanic proportions and like the Titanic, people are going to want to get off.

I think you are exaggerating quite a bit. Boone had issues last offseason with the former coaching staff. Certainly the last offensive coaching staff was lacking.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a bit negative Toby. I'm a bit of a pessimist but Boone has been complaining for a new deal since last season. IMO he will get his wish next season and will not be a 9er.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit negative Toby. I'm a bit of a pessimist but Boone has been complaining for a new deal since last season. IMO he will get his wish next season and will not be a 9er.

I think it is more about the money than the team, but you have to question his committment.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of the coaches have coached before in the NFL, we dont have a bunch of collage coaches on the staff... Eric Mangini and Tony Sparano were head coaches in this league once upon a time. Im not sure how that equates to having amateur coaching?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Boone is just a malcontent. As I recall there was some trouble at Ohio State that either affected his draft status or got him kicked off the team there?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the coaches have coached before in the NFL, we dont have a bunch of collage coaches on the staff... Eric Mangini and Tony Sparano were head coaches in this league once upon a time. Im not sure how that equates to having amateur coaching?

Seemed to me that they went with a yes man as the head coach. And I cannot recall a team strugggling so mightily to fill the vacancies at DC and OC. It seemed coaches wouldn't touch those positions with a ten foot pole.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to me that they went with a yes man as the head coach. And I cannot recall a team strugggling so mightily to fill the vacancies at DC and OC. It seemed coaches wouldn't touch those positions with a ten foot pole.

Why are we rehashing all of this again?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone is a good player and it is only voluntary work outs so he doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to. If a player that does go, works harder and beats him out for a starting spot on the O-Line he'll only have himself to blame.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone is a good player and it is only voluntary work outs so he doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to. If a player that does go, works harder and beats him out for a starting spot on the O-Line he'll only have himself to blame.

It's definitely up to him, but Boone was a good player in 2013, but bad in 2014. Either the missed time hurt him and he hasn't learned that lesson or he wasn't too into it and that's a bad sign. He has absolutely zero leverage and no team is going to make a trade offer for him with his antics and bad year. He misplayed his hand last year and now he's going all in with that bad hand.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely up to him, but Boone was a good player in 2013, but bad in 2014. Either the missed time hurt him and he hasn't learned that lesson or he wasn't too into it and that's a bad sign. He has absolutely zero leverage and no team is going to make a trade offer for him with his antics and bad year. He misplayed his hand last year and now he's going all in with that bad hand.

Exactly right. He is hurting himself but too dumb to realize it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm not worried about him at all they'll be fine with Staley, Thomas, Martin, Kilgore/Looney, and Davis they'll have plenty of players on the O-Line not to mention who ever they draft. I would expect probably couple in the next 2 or three rounds.